Clashes Continue, Turning Central Bangkok In Virtual Warzone

webfact

Anybody living close to Victory? I live in Din Daeng and coming home at 6pm on a motorcycle taxi there were gunshots and people running next to the traffic lights at Century Park Hotel. I got off the motorcycle ready to run with them but the traffic started moving, so I was able to complete the journey with chocolate stains in my pants! Amazing how many onlooking apparent civilians there were all wanting to see a piece of the action.

I always thought I was quite far away from it, just shows - nowhere's safe....

There has been fighting reported a while ago at Din Daeng.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thaksin is such a distant figure these days for most "red" shirts.

The "red" movement seems to have taken a life of its own.

Thinking his death or disappearance will make Thailand go back to the "old days" situation is just pure lunacy.

And it sure worries me as it should quite a few of the guests here...

Just another red cheerleader attempt to whitewash Thaksin out of the picture, holding the reins.

The paint job is to make the reds appear as a 'pure' force for 'freedom'.

As pure as slush.

Thinking his death or disappearance will make Thailand go back to the "old days" situation is just pure lunacy.

Thaksin and his friends and partners may be distant as it appear these days, but I am sure he still is behind all these problem by funding these thugs

I just heard on Thai TV that they accused Thaksin instigating all these clashes

Thaksin and his friends and partners may be distant as it appear these days, but I am sure he still is behind all these problem by funding these thugs

You mean, no Thaksin, no problem, Thailand is back to what it was a few years back?

Easy, do a "Sae Deng"...

Sorry to bust your bubble, but I think the red movement is moving beyond Thaksin. He's like the car's 5th wheel. If it falls off, the car will keep rolling. The government and red shirts need to go back to negotiating or this will turn very ugly, very fast.

The Nation: RT @kendricwee: 8.28 pm saw manyl Reds trying to inch closer to soldiers' barricades with tyres, then bursts of gunfire, not sure if any hit...

If they did get hit, who really cares. People that dumb shouldn't be in the gene pool anyway.

The Nation: RT @DNN_NEWS: 20.23 Saladaeng falls darkness.Red has turned off the light to prevent possible sniper attack.

This was Nattawuts surprise?

obviously Seh Dying kept the benefits of night vision goggles and night vision sniper scopes to himself.......

Distant figure? Piped to TV feeds, twittered through cyber space showering promises and filthy lucre to brainwashed mercenaries, that's hardly distant in my book. Thailand has various difficult issues to resolve, some which can't be discussed - but what really makes my hair stand is the organized cynical indoctrination, hate speeches and pure evil poisoning the minds of those who I would normally symapathise with or even support.

To paraphrase Voltaire: If you can get someone to believe in absurdities you can get them to commit atrocities. The Lanna Daeng are there in waiting to bring their brand of 'democracy' to Thailand, and if they succeed we won't be ranting over 30 or so deaths but countless thousands. This is why the government for all their faults must finish this job and finish it for good.

Nation Tv news channel stating they know Thaksin has instigated these continued clashes, they are now holding him responsible...

You mean, no Thaksin, no problem, Thailand is back to what it was a few years back?

Easy, do a "Sae Deng"...

Sorry to bust your bubble, but I think the red movement is moving beyond Thaksin. He's like the car's 5th wheel. If it falls off, the car will keep rolling. The government and red shirts need to go back to negotiating or this will turn very ugly, very fast.

Thaksin is the steering wheel.

You are the full-up ashtray.

Anybody living close to Victory? I live in Din Daeng and coming home at 6pm on a motorcycle taxi there were gunshots and people running next to the traffic lights at Century Park Hotel. I got off the motorcycle ready to run with them but the traffic started moving, so I was able to complete the journey with chocolate stains in my pants! Amazing how many onlooking apparent civilians there were all wanting to see a piece of the action.

I always thought I was quite far away from it, just shows - nowhere's safe....

Yes I was there as it was happening... In a taxi heading to the Din Daeng tollway entrance coming from Victory point. They were putting someone in an ambulance... and another was opening it's doors. I think that soldiers on the drive over were firing down... there were maybe a dozen shots.

Edited by humfurry

Thanks Harold, Pretty much what I've surmised, though you've got some added inside info. I'm the one who was aghast at seeing the large poster of Thaksin, in my northern Thai town, - a formal portrait of him dressed in royal robes. The poster was put up while he was still PM.

Sorry, but I find that hard to believe. If it was true, I'm sure it would be used by the Democrats against Thaksin on every TV channel and newspaper.

Looks like the red shirts love it anyhow!

http://www.chinapost.com.tw/news_images/20090818/p13c.jpg

CRES Announcement on TV - Sathit is speaking

Sathit: Reconciliation fails because of Thaksin's interference.

Sathit: So far there is no entry to the rally area.

Sathit: The situation has gone out of hand because of an armed group that seek violence.

Sathit: Govt wants to reassure the public that there is no order meant to harm the public.

Satit: Operations will continue. Best way to end losses is to end protest. Roadmap will continue.

Satit: We'dd like to stress that troops do not intend to move in for crackdown. Troops only close in to increase pressure so rally will end.

Just another red cheerleader attempt to whitewash Thaksin out of the picture, holding the reins.

The paint job is to make the reds appear as a 'pure' force for 'freedom'.

As pure as slush.

if democracy and freedom are their goal, then once that is achieved why are they told to vote Phua Thai

isn't that a contradiction in terms.........?

Easy, do a "Sae Deng"...

Sorry to bust your bubble, but I think the red movement is moving beyond Thaksin. He's like the car's 5th wheel. If it falls off, the car will keep rolling. T

This is actually what I said... :):D

I was talking to my wife earlier who monitors some Thai web boards. She says only now are most Thais waking up to the fact that this whole uprising has been engineered by Thaksin. I thought it would have been readily apparent to a third grader months ago but apparently not so. She says they're pretty mad about it too. Really? Finally?

I was talking to my wife earlier who monitors some Thai web boards. She says only now are most Thais waking up to the fact that this whole uprising has been engineered by Thaksin. I thought it would have been readily apparent to a third grader months ago but apparently not so. She says they're pretty mad about it too. Really? Finally?

Wow, thanks for that piece of information. Very informative!

More informative than anything you have offered up in all 190 very odd posts of yours. Should change your screen name to broken record, although I don't mind the parrot thing, it too is fitting. :)

Easy, do a "Sae Deng"...

Sorry to bust your bubble, but I think the red movement is moving beyond Thaksin. He's like the car's 5th wheel. If it falls off, the car will keep rolling. T

This is actually what I said... :):D

Surely the fifth wheel in a car is the steering wheel. If Thaksin is the steering wheel and it comes off, the car crashes. Just like the reds will crash..... soon.

Easy, do a "Sae Deng"...

Thaksin is the steering wheel.

You are the full-up ashtray.

Best comment of the evening award is yours!!!

great, keep us awake!!

More informative than anything you have offered up in all 190 very odd posts of yours. Should change your screen name to broken record, although I don't mind the parrot thing, it too is fitting. :)

Remember how LP's used to stick?

Remember how LP's used to stick?

I remember what I did with them, fed them to the cat. He used to like to scratch the shit out of them.

Well, I think he gets paid by the post so I hope he gets his Chang out of it. Still, its blood money and that can't be good karma.

And besides, people iin this forum, not Thais, trying to justify the actions of the red, yellow, multi-colored, or whatever is pathetic. :)

the only pathetic thing here is U, this is an expat forum, so go back to Thaksinlive.Shitter.complot

You're good... :D