Clashes Continue, Turning Central Bangkok In Virtual Warzone

webfact

The Nation: AFP- Montenegro bans Thailand's Thaksin from talking politics

That's heavy! A country like Montenegro placing a ban on one of their notorious criminals. Will he be expelled or jailed if he continues his trash talk? LOL

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Am utterly appalled at the reds. They had such sympathy a month and a half ago, now they are just a bunch of criminals working for their master Thaksin to the detriment of the entire nation. Disgusting.

OK. However, I can't understand any civilized person having any sympathy for them at all after Pattaya Asean and Black Songkran.

The only ones that have sympathy for them are the reds themselves - like their fan club here - time for negotiation is over and I hope the government realizes that the only way to win this is to go full out and destroy them once and for all

Choose your words very carefully, this is a long way from over. A few hardcore soldiers are not the majority and once a general cops one in the head, from an Isaan conscript, it will be army fighting army. Every Democrat politician will carry a price on their head for the rest of their natural. I am not a member of any fan club I just want to see a fairer redistribution of the wealth. No problem with the rich just dont like to see people live in poverty

The only message has been dissolve parliament, hold elections. I can't ever recall Thaksin telling Abhisit to surrender power to him. You're in incredibly bad twister.

He did not directly say it, but he believes if new elections

were to be held now, reds wold win and that would lead to him being

able to return without serving time (being pardoned).

In this scenario, he believes he ould then take over and start

his theft campaign again

It was said he had given Chavalit a year to make it all right for him again when he made him PTP chairman. That time must be coming up soon and if there si no election one won by PTP at that, what then?

Back to square one. Puppet master Thaksin is calling the shots now. Openly and clearly. Cat is out of the bag, reds. This is ALL about Thaksin.

Strangely enough, Thaksin seems to be the sole voice of common sense !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He is the only one saying that the fighting should stop and lets get back to the negotiation table.

Abhisit is just as bad as the bloodthirsty westerners on this forum who are openly supporting and salivating over a violent crackdown.

I once thought Abhisit was a decent human being but I cant believe he has made such stupid decisions, this guy will go down in history

as one of the most idiodic thai PMs ever.

It would have been common sense if he said it a few days ago when he was begging them to fight.

Back to square one. Puppet master Thaksin is calling the shots now. Openly and clearly. Cat is out of the bag, reds. This is ALL about Thaksin.

Strangely enough, Thaksin seems to be the sole voice of common sense !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He is the only one saying that the fighting should stop and lets get back to the negotiation table.

Abhisit is just as bad as the bloodthirsty westerners on this forum who are openly supporting and salivating over a violent crackdown.

I once thought Abhisit was a decent human being but I cant believe he has made such stupid decisions, this guy will go down in history

I very much disagree. Abhisit has been negotiating in good faith when any other politician would have tried to crush the reds long ago. He really has no choice about getting rid of them anymore as it has become obvious that they have no intention of leaving. He has to think about the country.

The whole situation is sad, but the reds have blown their chance for real political power by alienating everyone including many of their supporters. They should have taken the PM's deal when they had the chance. :D

Ulysses, just occasionally you post real nuggets of wisdom

credit where its due.......

I agree.

I don't agree with Ulysses much, but here we are on the same page. :)

I very much disagree. Abhisit has been negotiating in good faith when any other politician would have tried to crush the reds long ago. He really has no choice about getting rid of them anymore as it has become obvious that they have no intention of leaving. He has to think about the country.

The whole situation is sad, but the reds have blown their chance for real political power by alienating everyone including many of their supporters. They should have taken the PM's deal when they had the chance. :)

Ulysses, just occasionally you post real nuggets of wisdom

credit where its due.......

A real nugget of wisdom... What's the topic of this thread anyway.."Replying to Clashes Continue, Turning Central Bangkok In Virtual Warzone" Now the title of the thread is badly worded... but even Ulysses should be able to understand that he is way off topic.

I have two points to make,

1, Just because i am not thai or a resident doesnt mean i dont care, or that my worries or opinions are not valid. I live here and contribute to society. As for the FARANG tourists that you seem to dislike so much- they prop up the economy in this country, without them the economy will crash imo. So try to lose the bigotry

2,i have travelled all over the country and i have seen first hand people being TOLD they will vote red or else.... i dont call this support. A lot of my friends are from outside bkk and are poor, they DONT support reds!! Yet some friends of mine in Pattaya who are Thai, and not poor DO support the reds. imho a large proportion of rural people do support red, BUT nowhere near the 50% you are claiming. How can the reds staying here in bkk be helping their families and their crops? The payments will stop as soon as their usefullness runs out, what then for the poorest of these people???? I'm sorry but the reds have to go, the only reds who will profit from this are not the normal truly poor people you are championing, this is all about money and power, not impoverished people from Issan

Nice post...

So, please let us just not mislead readers into believing that 50% of the Thai population supports the reds, what? 50%? That is almost close to 30 million Thais, is it? We have never seen this number anywhere near Ratchaparasong or Silom! No, not even in the countryside when they started to swarm in municipal buildings. So, yes, please lying is bad.

I wonder what other big fat lies do reds believe.

Neither have we seen 30 million "multi-colored" shirts. Does that mean that the government only has ...what ...5000 supporters that turned out at the last pro-government rally? What I'm trying to say is that not everyone that supports something will go onto the street. There are many "silent supporters" for both sides.

If we are to believe your logic, that means there are many less Democrat supporters than red shirt supporters. Since the multi-colored shirts peaked at about 5000 at their biggest rally, and the red shirts at 100,000. So ...I'll believe your logic, but it means that there are 20 red shirts for every pink shirt. You tell me if you're wrong with your thinking or not.

There are masses and probably a growing mass who dont support any colour coded bunch of facist lunatics who want you to think their way. They need to be included too

Thanks for the post like the one above.............it really would be nice if certain people would stop their off topic, nonsense posts.

The mainstream mass media is not covering this the way they should (Thai media is a total joke).

It is almost impossible to know what is going on without being there.

If you have eyewitness reports, please post them.

Thanks.

Gents, you might like to check out the thread that webfact is running with CONSTANT updates, no other comments permitted......might help if you look around instead of adding a droaning whine about people posting where they are permitted to post.

here:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Bangkok-Red-...id-t364898.html

Edited by neverdie

The Nation: AFP: Foreign Minister Milan Rocen warned Thaksin not 2 sending any kind of political messages 2 his followers.

Would love to see the headlines that Thaksin is jailed in Montenegro since he is now a resident Montnegroarian.

I am going to express my opinion as to why all this is happening. I will not reply to any comments on my opinion.

In order to place my opinion in perspective, please consider the following.

I have lived in Thailand for 21 years. I originally was invited to come as a technical expert. I am fluent in spoken and written Thai at the post-graduate level. From 1990-2000, I worked in 72 provinces on projects for the Ministries of Interior, Public Health, Education, and Communications, mostly in very rural areas.

In addition to my technical background, I have an MA in Religion, concentration in Buddhism. I have spent 3 years in monasteries, both in Thailand and my home country.

I lived in Issan for 11 years, and for the past 10 years have lived in Bangkok. In Issan, I used to attend the monthly meetings of my city's "informal" governing committee - the mayor, the provincial police chief, an army general, and 5 businessmen. In Bangkok, when I worked on government projects, I used to attend functions hosted by by the Royal Family.

The anti-government movement is largely funded directly or indirectly by Thaksin's clan. The balance is proved by certain other Sino-Thai business clans.

The goal of the Thaksin group is to attain control of Thailand once an inevitable event occurs.

Given that there is a kingdom at stake, the group is spending vast amounts of money in order to foment and sustain an insurrection.

Because so much already has been spent, the group cannot accept defeat; therefore, they now will employ any and all tactics in order to win.

The situation is complicated by the fact that the group's appointed local leadership are rapidly losing control over the entity that they have created.

If only there was a "we're not worthy" smiley. Thanks for a sobering summary of what is what.

The only message has been dissolve parliament, hold elections. I can't ever recall Thaksin telling Abhisit to surrender power to him. You're in incredibly bad twister.

He did not directly say it, but he believes if new elections

were to be held now, reds wold win and that would lead to him being

able to return without serving time (being pardoned).

In this scenario, he believes he ould then take over and start

his theft campaign again

Reds won before and even when his brother in law was PM Thaksin didn't come back, so to say that he would if they win the next election is just speculation.

Nope as there are reports that village heads have ways of monitoring compliance with the vote payments, with extremely negative consequences for those not conforming.

Do not tell me you believe that BS? :)

That is a fact.....I know it

tulsathit

Montenegro has banned Thaksin from using his stay in that country for political aims, its foreign ministry said. 6 minutes ago via TweetDeck

Well from the sound of gunfire that I've heard tonight the Reds weren't reading his Tweets anyway...

Sure, except that it is false again... Democrats had more votes than PPP in the last election.

07 Election ??

PPP 199

Dem 132

Or do you mean the National assembly vote for Prime minister in late 08.. Which he lost to Somchai 163 to 298 !!

It took them disbanding the PPP and barring its leaders from politics to get the rats to jump ship.. All of these actions for far less then the current Democrat 258 million baht illegal donations scandal.

take Wikipedia and read how elections work here.......

on the popular vote Dems and PPP were almost the same but on the regional persons the PPP had more (personal votes)

Your comments dont change the actual numbers.

Also for continuing evidence of the 'red support' you only have to look to the BJT party who should have been a lock, getting trumped by Puea Thai in the Sakon Nakhon by election..

I am going to express my opinion as to why all this is happening. I will not reply to any comments on my opinion.

In order to place my opinion in perspective, please consider the following.

I have lived in Thailand for 21 years. I originally was invited to come as a technical expert. I am fluent in spoken and written Thai at the post-graduate level. From 1990-2000, I worked in 72 provinces on projects for the Ministries of Interior, Public Health, Education, and Communications, mostly in very rural areas.

In addition to my technical background, I have an MA in Religion, concentration in Buddhism. I have spent 3 years in monasteries, both in Thailand and my home country.

I lived in Issan for 11 years, and for the past 10 years have lived in Bangkok. In Issan, I used to attend the monthly meetings of my city's "informal" governing committee - the mayor, the provincial police chief, an army general, and 5 businessmen. In Bangkok, when I worked on government projects, I used to attend functions hosted by by the Royal Family.

The anti-government movement is largely funded directly or indirectly by Thaksin's clan. The balance is proved by certain other Sino-Thai business clans.

The goal of the Thaksin group is to attain control of Thailand once an inevitable event occurs.

Given that there is a kingdom at stake, the group is spending vast amounts of money in order to foment and sustain an insurrection.

Because so much already has been spent, the group cannot accept defeat; therefore, they now will employ any and all tactics in order to win.

The situation is complicated by the fact that the group's appointed local leadership are rapidly losing control over the entity that they have created.

Thanks Harold, Pretty much what I've surmised, though you've got some added inside info. I'm the one who was aghast at seeing the large poster of Thaksin, in my northern Thai town, - a formal portrait of him dressed in royal robes. The poster was put up while he was still PM.

Thaksin is such a distant figure these days for most "red" shirts.

The "red" movement seems to have taken a life of its own.

Thinking his death or disappearance will make Thailand go back to the "old days" situation is just pure lunacy.

And it sure worries me as it should quite a few of the guests here...

Edited by eurasianthai

The Nation: Leaders told #redshirts that they must not do things on their own & if they dont listen 2 leaders, they'd B considered 'fake' reds.

In other words, the leaders, even though they promised they would take all responsibility for their sheeple, cannot really control them. There is no such thing as a fake red. Once they've been brainwashed into blind hatred, the leaders are still responsible for every illegal action they have done. Nice try trying to deflect responsibility for what may happen this evening. At this point, there are no innocents.

The red leaders are getting creepier every time they open their mouths. For those of us who remember Jonestown, is this just a bit eerie? Or maybe a little too Charles Manson-ish?

THE NATION: (18.34) Rajprasong stage returns to normalcy and leaders told protesters not to be frightened. "The time hasnt arrived yet."

That is rather creepy! Maybe their very own water source this evening will be a little more potent than early this morning. "Revolutionary suicide," as Jim Jones put it.

I wonder if David Koresh ever said 'The time hasn't arrived yet?' --- Shortly before the ceiling caught fire.

Hm, guests we are?

Well, quite a few "guests" have been invited to Thailand as advisers in governmental institutions - suggesting to the Thais how to work more efficiently/effectively. Hey, and some get even paid! What a surprise. Guests paid by Thai govt for an opinion - amazing Thailand.

With that in mind, it is understandable that so many guests train their opinion-expressing skills in this forum. :)

Maybe I should go to local Amphoe and ask them to issue a guest card for me... in addition to the Tabien Baan entry.

What's your point? The advisors are just that. They have been invited. They are guests. Where did you get your expertise? Are you claiming that you opinions have a confidence level equivalent to a paid advisor? Were you invited to advise? Let's face it. It's an ego trip for you. You get to rant and rave on your keyboard and nobody knows who you are. Powerful!

I will advise you that a Tabien Baan entry is not a Thai ID or passport. You have a guest stamp. It's called a visa.

Wrong again, I was never invited!!!

So who sent you an invitation, bet a redskirt

Edited by minburi2

Thanks Harold, Pretty much what I've surmised, though you've got some added inside info. I'm the one who was aghast at seeing the large poster of Thaksin, in my northern Thai town, - a formal portrait of him dressed in royal robes. The poster was put up while he was still PM.

Sorry, but I find that hard to believe. If it was true, I'm sure it would be used by the Democrats against Thaksin on every TV channel and newspaper.

Thaksin is such a distant figure these days for most "red" shirts.

The "red" movement seems to have taken a life of its own.

Thinking his death or disappearance will make Thailand go back to the "old days" situation is just pure lunacy.

And it sure worries me as it should quite a few of the guests here...

Thaksin and his friends and partners may be distant as it appear these days, but I am sure he still is behind all these problem by funding these thugs

Bangkok troops 'firing at protestors'

There have been further clashes between anti-government protesters and the police in the Thai capital, Bangkok.

There are reports that a Thai policeman has fired live rounds at soldiers. Correspondent Alastair Leithead reports from Bangkok.

BBC

they should have a look over at TNN24 and see these peaceful protesters walking around with assault rifles if he is looking for any justification for police firing at protestors

The Nation: RT @kendricwee: 8.28 pm saw manyl Reds trying to inch closer to soldiers' barricades with tyres, then bursts of gunfire, not sure if any hit...

If they did get hit, who really cares. People that dumb shouldn't be in the gene pool anyway.

The Nation: RT @DNN_NEWS: 20.23 Saladaeng falls darkness.Red has turned off the light to prevent possible sniper attack.

This was Nattawuts surprise?

Edited by frodo

Sure, except that it is false again... Democrats had more votes than PPP in the last election.

07 Election ??

PPP 199

Dem 132

Or do you mean the National assembly vote for Prime minister in late 08.. Which he lost to Somchai 163 to 298 !!

It took them disbanding the PPP and barring its leaders from politics to get the rats to jump ship.. All of these actions for far less then the current Democrat 258 million baht illegal donations scandal.

take Wikipedia and read how elections work here.......

on the popular vote Dems and PPP were almost the same but on the regional persons the PPP had more (personal votes)

Your comments dont change the actual numbers.

Also for continuing evidence of the 'red support' you only have to look to the BJT party who should have been a lock, getting trumped by Puea Thai in the Sakon Nakhon by election..

Anyone who thought BJT were going to win in Sakhon nakhon doesnt know anything about Thai politics.

The Nation: RT @kendricwee: 8.28 pm saw manyl Reds trying to inch closer to soldiers' barricades with tyres, then bursts of gunfire, not sure if any hit...

If they did get hit, who really cares. People that dumb shouldn't be in the gene pool anyway.

The Nation: RT @DNN_NEWS: 20.23 Saladaeng falls darkness.Red has turned off the light to prevent possible sniper attack.

This was Nattawuts surprise?

Off topic. Nice avatar you have, looks peaceful :)

Anybody living close to Victory? I live in Din Daeng and coming home at 6pm on a motorcycle taxi there were gunshots and people running next to the traffic lights at Century Park Hotel. I got off the motorcycle ready to run with them but the traffic started moving, so I was able to complete the journey with chocolate stains in my pants! Amazing how many onlooking apparent civilians there were all wanting to see a piece of the action.

I always thought I was quite far away from it, just shows - nowhere's safe....

I wonder if David Koresh ever said 'The time hasn't arrived yet?' --- Shortly before the ceiling caught fire.

Very well could have - another "cult figure" who saw himself as a savior and tried to use women and children as shields.

Bangkok troops 'firing at protestors'

There have been further clashes between anti-government protesters and the police in the Thai capital, Bangkok.

There are reports that a Thai policeman has fired live rounds at soldiers. Correspondent Alastair Leithead reports from Bangkok.

BBC

they should have a look over at TNN24 and see these peaceful protesters walking around with assault rifles if he is looking for any justification for police firing at protestors

If you listen to the interview Alastair denies that he has any knowledge of police firing at soldiers, bit of a misleading story, the accusation of police firing was made by the interviewer, not the reporter on the scene.

Thaksin and his friends and partners may be distant as it appear these days, but I am sure he still is behind all these problem by funding these thugs

You mean, no Thaksin, no problem, Thailand is back to what it was a few years back?

Easy, do a "Sae Dang"...

Edited by eurasianthai