Clashes Continue, Turning Central Bangkok In Virtual Warzone

webfact

post-102593-1273842267_thumb.png

Jingthing is quite a fan of conspiracy movies. Reality doesn't have a place in his visions.

Do you ever have any other contribution besides personal attacks and your idea that "guests" can't give their opinion about Thailand on a farang forum site about Thailand?

No, he doesn't. Alas, getting himself quoted gets round the ignore use list block.

Edited by dobadoy

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Last election, reds got the most votes but NOT EVEN CLOSE to a majority. Next ... Red apologists, please use facts if you have them rather than lies.

OK so for the last 4 elections reds have got the most votes..

Happy now ??

Sure, except that it is false again... Democrats had more votes than PPP in the last election.

07 Election ??

PPP 199

Dem 132

Or do you mean the National assembly vote for Prime minister in late 08.. Which he lost to Somchai 163 to 298 !!

It took them disbanding the PPP and barring its leaders from politics to get the rats to jump ship.. All of these actions for far less then the current Democrat 258 million baht illegal donations scandal.

Back to square one. Puppet master Thaksin is calling the shots now. Openly and clearly. Cat is out of the bag, reds. This is ALL about Thaksin.

Strangely enough, Thaksin seems to be the sole voice of common sense !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He is the only one saying that the fighting should stop and lets get back to the negotiation table.

Abhisit is just as bad as the bloodthirsty westerners on this forum who are openly supporting and salivating over a violent crackdown.

I once thought Abhisit was a decent human being but I cant believe he has made such stupid decisions, this guy will go down in history

as one of the most idiodic thai PMs ever.

I see the men in white coats ..... amd they want to help you .... really they do.....

Back to square one. Puppet master Thaksin is calling the shots now. Openly and clearly. Cat is out of the bag, reds. This is ALL about Thaksin.

Strangely enough, Thaksin seems to be the sole voice of common sense !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He is the only one saying that the fighting should stop and lets get back to the negotiation table.

In case you haven't noticed, there is no negotiating table right now. Thaksin and the Reds had an excessively fair offer that stood for a week. Right when it was proposed, the Reds accepted it, then they accepted it again the next day. However, the occupation continued. Then Thaksin told Seh Daeng and other Red leaders to <deleted> the agreement.

Now that the Reds are getting bloodied, Thaksin is saying "stop stop you brutes, we should negotiate!" There's only so much ridiculous attempts at negotiations with men with maturity level of angry 4 year olds. This crackdown should have happened weeks ago. The Reds wanted bloodshed, and now they're getting it, but it's not going their way, so they want to plead with the ref to break up the fight. If they were winning the street battles, they certainly wouldn't ask for a break or negotiations.

Abhisit is just as bad as the bloodthirsty westerners on this forum who are openly supporting and salivating over a violent crackdown.

I once thought Abhisit was a decent human being but I cant believe he has made such stupid decisions, this guy will go down in history

I very much disagree. Abhisit has been negotiating in good faith when any other politician would have tried to crush the reds long ago. He really has no choice about getting rid of them anymore as it has become obvious that they have no intention of leaving. He has to think about the country.

The whole situation is sad, but the reds have blown their chance for real political power by alienating everyone including many of their supporters. They should have taken the PM's deal when they had the chance. :)

So let's have an election then. OK?

I vote for an election. What are we electing? Suppose we vote on how many believe the transient farangs here are a bunch of Wackos spouting off about things they have absolutely no knowledge in an effort to cause trouble.

How dull. One more for the ignore list. This guy hasn't said a word of sense all day.

'flathead, spitman, deadparrot, diseasedsnoopy and the short fat redneck reality prat' have been on my IGNORE list for ages. Their myopic, incomprehensible and misinformed posts have been a complete waste of cyberspace!

TNN: I'm hearing gunshots in the background of a live report from Rama 4 near Satorn.

It looks like a lot of action in that area.

The Nation: At Sathorn... Reds' fire have become a big bonfire jus outside Shell and Oz embassy.... thick smoke ...

I'm sure the Aussies will be thrilled with that.

Thanks for the post like the one above.............it really would be nice if certain people would stop their off topic, nonsense posts.

The mainstream mass media is not covering this the way they should (Thai media is a total joke).

It is almost impossible to know what is going on without being there.

If you have eyewitness reports, please post them.

Thanks.

And how much contribute farangs living outside Thailand with money send to wife or girlfriends family in Thailand or do business with thai companies

The original comment was, 'tourism props up the thai economy'. I am sorry, but no matter how much you try to argue the case, present figures show 'tourism' as about 6% of thai GDP. Even factoring all that other stuff in, even if you quadrupled it, there is some serious industry inside this courtry that will always account for more than tourism. Im not making this up as I go along, anybody that thinks thailand only exists because of tourism needs a reality check.

How much of GDP comes foreign investment?

just heard reuters reporter killed. No further info yet

Reuters came out earlier and said this is not true.

The Nation: At Sathorn... Reds' fire have become a big bonfire jus outside Shell and Oz embassy.... thick smoke ...

If you don't see a pack of guys named Bruce run out and toss a bunch of shrimp and sausages on it and then stand around drinking beer it means we've truly lost the Australian Embassy.

Last election, reds got the most votes but NOT EVEN CLOSE to a majority. Next ... Red apologists, please use facts if you have them rather than lies.

OK so for the last 4 elections reds have got the most votes..

Happy now ??

Sure, except that it is false again... Democrats had more votes than PPP in the last election.

07 Election ??

PPP 199

Dem 132

Or do you mean the National assembly vote for Prime minister in late 08.. Which he lost to Somchai 163 to 298 !!

It took them disbanding the PPP and barring its leaders from politics to get the rats to jump ship.. All of these actions for far less then the current Democrat 258 million baht illegal donations scandal.

take Wikipedia and read how elections work here.......

on the popular vote Dems and PPP were almost the same but on the regional persons the PPP had more (personal votes)

'flathead, spitman, deadparrot, diseasedsnoopy and the short fat redneck reality prat' have been on my IGNORE list for ages. Their myopic, incomprehensible and misinformed posts have been a complete waste of cyberspace!

:)

What worries me is that serious civil strife now looks almost inevitable. It seems an age ago that some of us on the forum said that rural people wouldn't stand by passively if their votes were disregarded. Those who sided with the PAD retorted that people whose votes were bought had no political commitment and would do what they were told. They said the coup would solve the problem, and then pinned their hopes on the judicial coup. Now the same people say that lethal violence is the answer. I really hope to see compromise on both sides.

It is too bad the reds have refused to compromise on anything so far. In fact they are now moving back, forcing the government to use force as the last resort to restore order to the city. Shame it had to come to this, but the Reds could have been home with a victory of an early election, getting PTP organized to get their MP's elected and planning programs to improve the lives of their constituents. Instead they chose to stay and fight a losing battle, and will go home with nothing but the contempt of millions of average Thai citizens whose lives / business were disrupted. Sad.

Edited by Netfan

Hm, guests we are?

Well, quite a few "guests" have been invited to Thailand as advisers in governmental institutions - suggesting to the Thais how to work more efficiently/effectively. Hey, and some get even paid! What a surprise. Guests paid by Thai govt for an opinion - amazing Thailand.

With that in mind, it is understandable that so many guests train their opinion-expressing skills in this forum. :)

Maybe I should go to local Amphoe and ask them to issue a guest card for me... in addition to the Tabien Baan entry.

What's your point? The advisors are just that. They have been invited. They are guests. Where did you get your expertise? Are you claiming that you opinions have a confidence level equivalent to a paid advisor? Were you invited to advise? Let's face it. It's an ego trip for you. You get to rant and rave on your keyboard and nobody knows who you are. Powerful!

I will advise you that a Tabien Baan entry is not a Thai ID or passport. You have a guest stamp. It's called a visa.

there's pittman with his cut and paste again

I wonder what % of the reds actually want Thaksin acquited and back in power and what % want him to face justice but just want Absitit to resign and new elections brought forward? I'm assuming that the non-Thaksin supporting reds look at it this way: they see the Abhisit government as being pro-elite and unhelpful to the poor whereas when Thaksin was in power his projects in the Isarn region helped tangibly. Is that accurate? Do you folks think that this government is guilty of neglecting the poor, which is why this situation has arose?

TNN: I'm hearing gunshots in the background of a live report from Rama 4 near Satorn.

Not happy jan! :)

I was being sarcastic. My apologies.

would not call his demands common sense

he also demanded they rescind emergency measures

he also demanded troops return to barracks

That is not common sense

He if wants to make demands he should first return

to Thailand and serve his two years

I have two points to make,

1, Just because i am not thai or a resident doesnt mean i dont care, or that my worries or opinions are not valid. I live here and contribute to society. As for the FARANG tourists that you seem to dislike so much- they prop up the economy in this country, without them the economy will crash imo. So try to lose the bigotry

2,i have travelled all over the country and i have seen first hand people being TOLD they will vote red or else.... i dont call this support. A lot of my friends are from outside bkk and are poor, they DONT support reds!! Yet some friends of mine in Pattaya who are Thai, and not poor DO support the reds. imho a large proportion of rural people do support red, BUT nowhere near the 50% you are claiming. How can the reds staying here in bkk be helping their families and their crops? The payments will stop as soon as their usefullness runs out, what then for the poorest of these people???? I'm sorry but the reds have to go, the only reds who will profit from this are not the normal truly poor people you are championing, this is all about money and power, not impoverished people from Issan

Nice post...

So, please let us just not mislead readers into believing that 50% of the Thai population supports the reds, what? 50%? That is almost close to 30 million Thais, is it? We have never seen this number anywhere near Ratchaparasong or Silom! No, not even in the countryside when they started to swarm in municipal buildings. So, yes, please lying is bad.

I wonder what other big fat lies do reds believe.

I very much disagree. Abhisit has been negotiating in good faith when any other politician would have tried to crush the reds long ago. He really has no choice about getting rid of them anymore as it has become obvious that they have no intention of leaving. He has to think about the country.

The whole situation is sad, but the reds have blown their chance for real political power by alienating everyone including many of their supporters. They should have taken the PM's deal when they had the chance. :)

Ulysses, just occasionally you post real nuggets of wisdom

credit where its due.......

What's the title of this dam_n thread?

People want to find out what's the fu_ck is going on.

You guys that want to prove how smart you are by debating the why this is going is, would you go please start your own topic under the "I think too much" forum.

I second that

:D:):D So you won't be asking any of them for a dance at the post-riot disco then?

Actions speak louder than words and anyone with an ounce of sense knows Thaksin speaks untruths.

Thaksin is a convicted thief and has been shown over and over again to be dishonest.

He is also lower than a coward as he runs away from Thailand over a 2-year jail sentence that surely would have been suspended had he not become a fugitive. But worse he has encouraged his followers to give their lives for his financial gain, his ego and need for absolute power.

It baffles the mind anybody who would believe what comes out of this guy's mouth let alone hold him up as somebody who cares the least about Thailand and its people unless he is getting something out of it.

I couldn't agree more. Thaksin is obviously seeking some sort of martyrdom from his disciples and anyone who can't see through his puppet show has completely lost the plot in my opinion.

The only message has been dissolve parliament, hold elections. I can't ever recall Thaksin telling Abhisit to surrender power to him. You're in incredibly bad twister.

He did not directly say it, but he believes if new elections

were to be held now, reds wold win and that would lead to him being

able to return without serving time (being pardoned).

In this scenario, he believes he ould then take over and start

his theft campaign again

I have two points to make,

1, Just because i am not thai or a resident doesnt mean i dont care, or that my worries or opinions are not valid. I live here and contribute to society. As for the FARANG tourists that you seem to dislike so much- they prop up the economy in this country, without them the economy will crash imo. So try to lose the bigotry

2,i have travelled all over the country and i have seen first hand people being TOLD they will vote red or else.... i dont call this support. A lot of my friends are from outside bkk and are poor, they DONT support reds!! Yet some friends of mine in Pattaya who are Thai, and not poor DO support the reds. imho a large proportion of rural people do support red, BUT nowhere near the 50% you are claiming. How can the reds staying here in bkk be helping their families and their crops? The payments will stop as soon as their usefullness runs out, what then for the poorest of these people???? I'm sorry but the reds have to go, the only reds who will profit from this are not the normal truly poor people you are championing, this is all about money and power, not impoverished people from Issan

Nice post...

So, please let us just not mislead readers into believing that 50% of the Thai population supports the reds, what? 50%? That is almost close to 30 million Thais, is it? We have never seen this number anywhere near Ratchaparasong or Silom! No, not even in the countryside when they started to swarm in municipal buildings. So, yes, please lying is bad.

I wonder what other big fat lies do reds believe.

Neither have we seen 30 million "multi-colored" shirts. Does that mean that the government only has ...what ...5000 supporters that turned out at the last pro-government rally? What I'm trying to say is that not everyone that supports something will go onto the street. There are many "silent supporters" for both sides.

If we are to believe your logic, that means there are many less Democrat supporters than red shirt supporters. Since the multi-colored shirts peaked at about 5000 at their biggest rally, and the red shirts at 100,000. So ...I'll believe your logic, but it means that there are 20 red shirts for every pink shirt. You tell me if you're wrong with your thinking or not.

Edited by redparrot

I am going to express my opinion as to why all this is happening. I will not reply to any comments on my opinion.

In order to place my opinion in perspective, please consider the following.

I have lived in Thailand for 21 years. I originally was invited to come as a technical expert. I am fluent in spoken and written Thai at the post-graduate level. From 1990-2000, I worked in 72 provinces on projects for the Ministries of Interior, Public Health, Education, and Communications, mostly in very rural areas.

In addition to my technical background, I have an MA in Religion, concentration in Buddhism. I have spent 3 years in monasteries, both in Thailand and my home country.

I lived in Issan for 11 years, and for the past 10 years have lived in Bangkok. In Issan, I used to attend the monthly meetings of my city's "informal" governing committee - the mayor, the provincial police chief, an army general, and 5 businessmen. In Bangkok, when I worked on government projects, I used to attend functions hosted by by the Royal Family.

The anti-government movement is largely funded directly or indirectly by Thaksin's clan. The balance is proved by certain other Sino-Thai business clans.

The goal of the Thaksin group is to attain control of Thailand once an inevitable event occurs.

Given that there is a kingdom at stake, the group is spending vast amounts of money in order to foment and sustain an insurrection.

Because so much already has been spent, the group cannot accept defeat; therefore, they now will employ any and all tactics in order to win.

The situation is complicated by the fact that the group's appointed local leadership are rapidly losing control over the entity that they have created.

1. Has the government successfully surrounded the protest site so that water and food cannot be brought in?

2. How much water/food do the protesters have stock piled?

3. What leaders are still taking the stage/around Central World?

Looks like this thing could drag into next week/eternity.

Thanks for the post like the one above.............it really would be nice if certain people would stop their off topic, nonsense posts.

The mainstream mass media is not covering this the way they should (Thai media is a total joke).

It is almost impossible to know what is going on without being there.

If you have eyewitness reports, please post them.

Thanks.

Second that Tejas. Enough of the pussy guest i've been longer here than you comments already. What's the latest?