Update To Gay Bars/spas In Samui

Having read through the pinned topic bars/ clubs i was suprised that Samui has a listing,,although very out of date, so i would like to update for the forum.

Bars:

K Club the oldest of boy bars in Samui and unfortunately looks like it also,,some boys have been there longer than i have been here. Although they are not too pushy and love to play very loud madonna music. This is situated behind Starbucks on Soi Solo.

Boyzone open about 2 years now ok if you like to be pestered by the boys although very cute a bit irksome. They do have a small show everynight which is good, however the format has been the same for 2 years now,,so once seen etc They have a free BBQ 1st saturday of the month which is a great opportunity to meet the locals. This is situated in a small soi next to soi calibri and opposite the Centara hotel.

Just Jonnos established 4 years a more chilled relaxed atmosphere with no money boys. Not strictly a gay bar but gay owned and run. Great cocktails and food, a nice place to take a friend far from the madding crowd of chaweng. Every Sat & Sun sundowner G&t's for 50thb if you are a facebook group member of Pride of Samui. Located in beautiful Choeng Mon. A taxi ride away but just ask for Sala Samui resort and it is right next door. Many reviews on Tripadvisor.

unfortunately thats it for bars, but many locals go to Green Mango or Sweet Soul but remember most boys are freelance.

Spas/Massage they are all doing the same so will give name and location however i do recommend Mekala as they have a collection drop off service.

Mekala Spa situated between Tesco Lotus and Big C off the ring road just look out for the Rainbow flag.

Fah Samui The newest of spas in the same soi as Boyzone, lovely owners and central location.

GKL spa,,between Maenam and Bophut again on the ring road just look for the Rainbow flag. Don't know of the service sorry.

Emerald Green Mens spa On the road from Chaweng to Choeng Mon opposite the Nora hotel,,again Flags are prominent.

This is my first ever posting so hope it is ok and helpful.

• 1 year later...

here is an update on the previous message

K Club - now expanded to double size with new pain job - looking better than before. This is situated behind Solo Bar, north Chaweng Beach Road (the Starbucks no longer there).

Boyzone open about 2 years now - still going strong. They still have a small show everynight which if you have never seen is nice one time. They still have a free BBQ 1st saturday of the month which is a great opportunity to meet the locals. This is situated in a small walking only street opposite the trade entrance to Centara Grand Beach Resort, south Chaweng Beach Road.

Just Jonnos - closed

Many (most) locals go to Soi Green Mango to either Green Mango Club or even more popular Sweet Soul Club. Many many guys are hard working local guys - working in hotels and restaurants just looking for some fun.

Spas/Massage they are all doing the same so will give name and location however i do recommend Mekala as they have a collection drop off service.

Mekala Spa situated between Tesco Lotus and Big C off the ring road just look out for the Rainbow flag.

Fah Samui - actually the oldest massage business on Samui in the same soi as Boyzone, lovely owners and central location.

GKL spa - sorry closed

Emerald Green Mens spa On the road from Chaweng to Choeng Mon opposite the Nora hotel,,again Flags are prominent.

Hope this helps

there is some website doing these listings-might even have saved you the trouble to post. I think its simply gaysamui- but I'll check (its on most other gay boards)and repost of its too different for google to cough up.

Anyway thanks for this clearly independent overview.

there is some website doing these listings.

in fact I found 2-in 2 of the monthly free giveaway listings mags:

www.gay-samui.com

www.gaykohsamui.com

Now I don not hope I opened a can of worms, like in Pattaya, where they spend more time in fighting one another (''competition''!). The monthlies also list various ''gay friendly'' places to stay (which always rather amuses me, as in Thaild it means nothing- the only thing to ask for is if they would allow visitors. Some farang-owned places frown on that.

Also mentioned is SOLO bar-maybe the successor to Jonno? Mixed. no rental boys

and 2 ''cabaret''places-likely where the local katoeys work. Sta®zsamui and Christy. For those so inclined.

as far as gay friendly places to stay is concerned - the policy of www.gay-samui.com is that to be listed on the web site the business must be gay owned and managed even if not exclusively for gay guests.

as for Solo Bar - no relation to Just Jonnas - Solo Bar is a long standing straight night club in Chaweng - popular with local gay guys and visitors