Effect Of Red-shirt Protest On Econony

the damages to thailand are multifacets at the moment....

but personally i believe.... the economic growth will continue after the current cleanup of the area is completed....

inasmuch as what sae daeng believed and did.... my deepest condolence to his surviving only daughter....

many thai do believe as i do.... that had the stop action been applied way back whence the redshirts began its unlawful gathering and demonstration.... many lives including those uninvolved bystanders would have been saved....

it only goes to show.... when a leader is inexperienced and weak in exercising constitutional power for whatever reasons.... the shrewd strives....

similarly, as in many thai families.... when parental control is lacking and inappropriate.... irrespective of wealth and geographical differences.... children takes over.... resulting in disharmony, discord and dismay.... to the nth degree....

many thai do believe as i do.... that had the stop action been applied way back whence the redshirts began its unlawful gathering and demonstration.... many lives including those uninvolved bystanders would have been saved....

That's because they want the immediate problem to stop, they're not thinking about the long-term underlying problem which would not have been solved by an immediate crackdown.

That said, and back to the topic of economics, I agree that things in the tourism sector will probably clear up within six months to a year after this ends, if it ends with some kind of resolution that allows a return to normalcy. I consult with one company that advertises very high end tourism, cost-wise, and they're experiencing about a 20% falloff. Fortunately they don't have a giant staff and huge installations to maintain like a hotel, so their situation is better and survivable, provided that things clear up in the near or medium term. I suspect most people are in this boat. Still, it's going to be lean times for a lot of people and a lot of workers are going to be heading back to the province for a while. It's unfortunate, but currently survivable. If it carries on 6 more months, a year, at anything like this pace or if there's no resolution and things just devolve into a decentralized insurgency that's even scarier because it blankets the country then it's another story entirely. I have no idea what will happen, but currently I'm medium- and long-term optimistic.

Lots of businesses are suffering,tourism WILL be down.Estimates have cut growth bt 2% this year so far.My export business is running below 50% for the last 6 weeks and below 25% this last week.Now its closed untill further notice.Customers do not want to come and see us at the moment .So yes , this is definately hurting the economy in many sectors including exports.

it's the end of the world , economy wise

didn't u c toyota thailand is shutting down one of it's shifts ?

arrivals were down 30% before that "general's" bloody face was on all the covers of all the international papers . they'll probably drop another 20% .

people will be starving in a month .

i guess they can go back to the village but, wait, isn't that where the protestors came from ? that's weird .

but still , GrEaT time to buy / sell thai real estate :)

Maybe this is what the Reds meant by "class equality". Bring the country to shamble, so everyone is in the same "poor class". But still, the smart ones will still find their fortune eventually, so what is the point of their movement? This country still has conditions and environment for the smart ones or the studious ones to achieve. You can't sit on your arse all day and expect the policy to give you a free hand out.....

Lots of businesses are suffering,tourism WILL be down.Estimates have cut growth bt 2% this year so far.My export business is running below 50% for the last 6 weeks and below 25% this last week.Now its closed untill further notice.Customers do not want to come and see us at the moment .So yes , this is definately hurting the economy in many sectors including exports.

Despite all of these reasons the Thai Baht is still strong. I can't understand it.