Best Movies I Have Never Seen

Seeing someone post "The Sound of Music" as one of their 10 Best films made me think of the so-called great films I have not been able to see all the way through, because in my opinion they were either too bad or their theme and story just could not ring a bell with me.

I will start with two:

The Sound of Music

Titanic

There are certainly more.

What have others had problems with?

Seeing someone post "The Sound of Music" as one of their 10 Best films made me think of the so-called great films I have not been able to see all the way through, because in my opinion they were either too bad or their theme and story just could not ring a bell with me.

I will start with two:

The Sound of Music

Titanic

I wonder why you couldn't watch The Sound of Music all the way through.... :o

When I watched Natural Born Killers at the cinema, people were walking out during the first half muttering how crap the movie was... now I admit that the first half of the movie isn't to everyones taste, however if they had stayed they would have also seen the second half, which most people find very watchable and an excellent conclusion.

I would say that not to watch a movie all the way because it's too bad or the story is not so good is a bit of a cop out... at least watch it all then make judgement, you won't have to watch ot again if you don't want to. :D

totster :D

I will start with two:

The Sound of Music

Titanic

Tonight.............Hostage........copy...........bloody thing conked out 1/4 the way through. :o

I will start with two:

The Sound of Music

Titanic

Tonight.............Hostage........copy...........bloody thing conked out 1/4 the way through. :o

Had a problem like that with "Shaft".

Went to see it first in Birmingham in the early 70's - there was a power cut (I'm sure all 50+ Brits remember them).

Couple of years later, I was in Tel Aviv watching Richard Rowntree again boogie through the bad guys, when there was a bomb alert and the cinema was evacuated.

Around about 79, I was visiting a kibbutz where they were showing the film as the outdoor Shabbat entertainment, when the projector bulb exploded (those who have been in Israel in the 70s can imagine the reaction this caused) - I discreetly retired to the disco in the bomb shelter.

When we moved to Scandinavia, I was delighted to see the film was scheduled on Kanal 2 (only to find out, in order to see the film, we needed a decoder for our TV set).

The day after I went out and borrowed the video, locked the door, checked the electricity bill was fully paid, took the telephone off the hook and finally saw the film all the way through.

I suppose it was worth it, although the film itself was a bit dated.

But the music - that is something else - must be a contender for the best film music ever.

Fell asleep through every Harry Potter. Were they any good? Also slept through 2 of the Star Wars sequels. I heard they were definetly not good.

The Avengers with Ralph Fiennes, Uma Thurman, Sean Connery and Patrick Macnee. How could they screw that up? They had the televison series to draw from.

Edited by aughie

I don't know about problems with them, but for famous and popular movies that I've never seen or stayed with all the way through:

- Citizen Kane

- Gone With the Wind

- All Star Wars movies after the first one

- Schindler's List

- Titanic (probably cuz I got sick of listening to that song)

- Shrek (both)

- Passion of the Christ

- Finding Nemo

- Harry Potter (all of 'em)

- Matrix (all of 'em)

- Chicago

Strange really, as I consider myself somewhat of a movie buff.

Probably seen most of the rest though ....

I think I'll have a big list in this section too....

Lolita

Barry Lyndon

Spartacus

2001 A space Odyssey (Slept while watching)

Gone with the wind

Lawrence of Arabia (Lost my DVD b4 watching it)

The Medusa Touch

Raiders of the lost Ark

Close encounters of the third kind

Death becomes her

What Dreams may come

Dances with wolves (Slept while watching)

Edited by dr_strangelove

I fell asleep whilst watching 2001 A space Odyssey too.

:o

Nearly fell asleep last night whilst watching Meet the Fockers... it was only the GF's intermittent raucous chuckles that kept me from nodding off.

:D

Have tried to watch Apocalypse Now on numerous occasions since 1979, but to no avail. Everything has happened - been drunk, TV gone wrong, DVD broken, fallen asleep, guests arrive etc etc etc.

Read the book (a short story, really), though - Heart of Darkness by Joseph Conrad. Well worth a read.

Pale Rider is my Hoodoo film. First time was in Israel, I went to the cinema, but was too drunk to remember anything about it. Think I crashed out halfway through it. That was #1 Nahariya 1984. I tried again to watch it in Sweden on VHS. The first time, I put it on, some friends came round and we ended up bladdered. The next time I rented it, I was determined to see it, so I locked myself in with a case of class 3. Yes you guessed it. Too drunk to remember it. On to Germany; Rental in Hamburg. Same film, different location, same result.

I finally got to see the film when they showed it on Sky Movies back home in Blighty. Anyone else got a film they have tried to see, but for some reason couldn't?

Have tried to watch Apocalypse Now on numerous occasions since 1979, but to no avail. Everything has happened - been drunk, TV gone wrong, DVD broken, fallen asleep, guests arrive etc etc etc.

Read the book (a short story, really), though - Heart of Darkness by Joseph Conrad. Well worth a read.

movie is worth watching atleast once in 6 months... a bit slow.... accepted... and never see that movie when u r in a good mood... see it when u feel angry or down...

Dosent matter what the movie is, if i am in a cinema i ALWAYS fall asleep dont know why :D  but i snore like a diesel locomotive coming through a tunnel :o so not to upset anyone i try to avoid all cinemas.

Hate to get serious in this light hearted thread but....

Daleboy, I gather from your other postings, you are not a light weight.

You should go for a check-up.

It sounds as though you might have what I think is popularly called "Pickwick Syndrome". This is where the stomach, in a sitting position, is pushed upwards and restricts the flow of blood to the heart causing drowsiness and sleep.

While the actual symptoms are not dangerous, they are indicative of lack of condition and overweight. The long-term effects of being out of condition, overweight and having "Pickwick's syndrome" could be serious.

I know what I'm talking about because I've been there.

I had a heart operation 2 years ago.

Dosent matter what the movie is, if i am in a cinema i ALWAYS fall asleep dont know why :D  but i snore like a diesel locomotive coming through a tunnel :o so not to upset anyone i try to avoid all cinemas.

It sounds as though you might have what I think is popularly called "Pickwick Syndrome". This is where the stomach, in a sitting position, is pushed upwards and restricts the flow of blood to the heart causing drowsiness and sleep.

While the actual symptoms are not dangerous, they are indicative of lack of condition and overweight. The long-term effects of being out of condition, overweight and having "Pickwick's syndrome" could be serious.

Thank you for the advice Thomas :D

I had a check up not so long ago and the doctor told me my ideal weight was 14 stone then laughed and said i would look like a beanpole. He told me i should lose 2 to 3 stone in weight and that would be fine, i am well on the way now i have been given these tablets by the doc that stops me absorbing fat into the body, the only trouble is if i eat too much fat it comes straight back out the other end!!!!!

I appreciate the concern it is nice to know that other people take an intrest in each others well being, it just goes to show we arent a bad lot on tv just ocassionaly mis-understood :D

Thank you for the advice Thomas :D

I had a check up not so long ago and the doctor told me my ideal weight was 14 stone then laughed and said i would look like a beanpole. He told me i should lose 2 to 3 stone in weight and that would be fine, i am well on the way now i have been given these tablets by the doc that stops me absorbing fat into the body, the only trouble is if i eat too much fat it comes straight back out the other end!!!!!

I appreciate the concern it is nice to know that other people take an intrest in each others well being, it just goes to show we arent a bad lot on tv just ocassionaly mis-understood :D

You are welcome.

Pills and diet never really work for me. Exercise is the only answer.

Just got myself a Labrador pup - now that he's had his second injection, we are up and down the hills as often as we can - anything, to keep me away from this bloody machine.

I don't know about problems with them, but for famous and popular movies that I've never seen or stayed with all the way through:

- Gone With the Wind

Scratch GWTW off the list ... they just showed it on the Beeb.

What was all the fuss about? Just another soap opera 35 years before its time.

sound stupid I know :o

but "Lord of the ring" always make me fall asleep

Bambi

...then there are two of us!

I can't manage more than 20 mins.

Have you ever had the feeling you might be like the little boy in the H.C. Andersen story "The Emporer's New Clothes" - the one who shouts, "But he hasn't got any clothes on. The Emporer is naked".

If you don't know it, try and get a copy, it's very good - you'll get my point.