Do You Still Love Thailand ?

lovelybear

I never realy did like living in Thailand. It is okay for an occasional vsit but I am pretty happy everytime I come here to know that I will leave soon. It makes it much easier to enjoy. I don't mean that negatively but when one lives in a place they have financial, romantic and emotional attachments to the place to worry about. In the case of Thailand those attachments are seemingly becoming overwhelming burdens for some people. I am glad I can visit without that baggage.

For example, I don't have to care about if the reds or yellows win, if Thaksin comes back, if the police are corrupt thugs or if my wife is a gold digger. Those seem to be peoples main concerns in many posts here. I can worry about if I get a good deal on a nice room, if I can get a handsome guy, and if i can enjoy myself to my fullest.

I know this is selfish but it isn't like Thai people really care about my well being so it is more or less mutual. They are capable of taking care of themselves so if I visit I can just take care of myself without personal investment in the kingdom. I can understand why residents would be concerned but that is why I choose not to live in LOS.

I actually do not really like to live in Thailand, and never did.

I would much prefer to live in the South of France, or in California, or in Spain, or in Italy....

Or in Japan actually.

But well, you get used to it... :D

Taking Japan out of the equation, you are so right. :)

Hmmm that wasn't my experience. Japan is a very nice place to live if you have the money. I spent many years there and loved it. Of course having language ability there helps. If you are a single white woman I can understand why you wouldn't like it in Japan though.