More Bloodshed In Bangkok As Red Siege Continues

webfact

To have sharpshooters taking head shots at people presenting them no direct threat or actual bodily harm is simply escalating this and not solving it.

From your keyboard, how are you possibly able to ascertain that the soldiers are under no direct threat?

Look at Sa Daeng he was no threat he was being interviewed not armed no threat at all

And some of others...

Anyway, this is on videos of many medias...there is still some blind people....brainless should i say? No i will not go by this way, it will be not pleasant as the true is never good to hear! May be damaged by the high daily beer consumption? who knows? It is often better that some farangs keep their comments. These comments do not show anything good from a supposed human being.

Some other comments are so pathetic and will not lead at anything else than hate. Some other are still laughing about such or such camp, shame on you, there is nothing funny there.

May be it is time to reinforce some immigration laws, just to clean a little bit and get some migrants more humble and less arrogant.

Definitely not showing the best of our culture.

So disappointing.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But I am sure if they bring them out the trigger happy military wont be able to control themselves they will have to let loose with the big guns like they are doing with the rifles

were the military trigger happy, we'd certainly have seen more than 24 dead by now.

would be in the hundreds, if not thousands.

so far, they've shown incredible restraint.

Ordinary people are dying

Terrorists from an occupying army are dying.

@ Seahorse: Stick at your beer and do not care about things that are not your business.

Apparently you no not have a clue about what's happening there.

Apparently you have not read all of my posts.

This is latest tweet from BBC journo Alastair Leithead looks like the army haven't finished shooting paramedics yet.

this cannot be from a responsible journalist.

Sorry my mistake I should have wrapped the quoted part in tags I have edited post now should have looked like this

"# Moved on Rama4 behind protesters. High velocity rounds incoming. Some injured. Ambulance shot at. Burning tyre rolled, live rounds followed 22 minutes ago via TweetDeck"

Then my personal comment was

Looks like army haven't finished shooting paramedics

I see you are still missing the point rixalex.......

It is the perception of who shot him that fuels emotions.......

Fact is not always the instigator.......and since his shooting it appears the violence has increased and spread somewhat

So proof is not required - the resulting additional violence is either connected to the shooting, or to the increased government actions.....which is it to be??

It's you that has missed the point. FC stated that soldiers were shooting at people when they were under no direct threat. I disputed that and asked him how he could possibly know from where he was sitting what threat they were under. He gave the example of SD's shooting, but whatever suspicions people have, at this stage nobody knows who fired the shot.

In terms of what you say about perceptions not facts fueling emotions, i agree.

As to whether things have got uglier since SD's shooting than they otherwise would have done, i'm not convinced.

I don't think you can say 'most' people back what the military are doing, it's 51% of the facists who are registered on HERE. The people who make up this figure are more than likely to be white, male and people who have never experienced REAL poverty in their lives. They call the reds 'terrorists' when they are just normal people fighting for what they believe in. Yes, they are getting paid, so what? It's a small amount and since they had to leave their homes for a long time they need money to survive. YES, there are women and children and elderly people in the camp, i've seen it with my own eyes, for them to be there it just shows how fed up they are with their lives. How can anyone condone shooting innocent people? MANY farangs are pro red shirt and this shocks and DISGUSTS me, but it's not surprising as most of the farangs who live out here are male and everything 'ist' and 'ic' under the sun to include racist, chauvinist, homophobic, facist PIGS. It's they who should be rounded up and shot.

They are paid....Are you paid for posting as well? Or do you really believe that shooting M79 will change the world so everyone is complete equal (like in the paradise North Korea)

There have been a few suggestion that armoured vehicles should be used. Consider this; tanks are equipped with a main gun (more or less light artillery) which fires an explosive round which makes a M-79 look like a kiddies toy. Both tanks and many APCs also carry quite heavy machine-guns.

Tomas' wall was pierced by a rifle bullet. Heavy calibre machine-guns will do a he-ll of a lot worse. Like Tomas, there are other residents still in their homes.

Neither the residents or the gov't want to see the start of wholesale slaughter, so leave the armour in the bases until it is time for an assault on the barriers.

In these situations, an approaching tank is a more of a psychological weapon (it scares the crap out of people), you don't actually have to start using the main gun.

A suggestion to anyone near the combat zone. Draw your curtains on the side nearest the fighting and if possible, hang blankets over the windows. It might sound silly, but a hanging heavy cloth can absorb most or all the KE of a bullet.

The whole point about tanks is not the main gun. The fact is that they are track laying vehicles and would not notice the barricades. I don't know if armoured bulldozers are available.

Well in that context I think it would be a matter of the troops supporting the tanks. I'm sure the tanks might be able to get over the barricades.... but it would still be a problem for the troops. I'm just guessing.

This is latest tweet from BBC journo Alastair Leithead looks like the army haven't finished shooting paramedics yet.

Who said Leithead was a responsible journalist?

Alistair lightweight more like

Sorry for confusion your ire should be directed at me not Alistair I didn't present original properly. Have edited it now

Balou:

Just one thing chaps, IT IS NOT YOUR BUSINESS, stay home with your Leo beer and do not take part of this. If you don't like, just go on an other site. INTERNET IS A FREE ZONE, never forget this.

I beg to differ my fine feathered friend. I live here in LOS. Have for the past 11 years and intend on living here much longer. I make my living here. I pay taxes here. The outcome of this mess will directly affect my future. It is my business. And BTW good advice on the LEO beer, my favorite.

Ordinary people are dying

Terrorists from an occupying army are dying.

@ Seahorse: Stick at your beer and do not care about things that are not your business.

Apparently you no not have a clue about what's happening there.

Apparently you have not read all of my posts.

I will for sure, and will be pleased to discuss again.

I don't think you can say 'most' people back what the military are doing, it's 51% of the facists who are registered on HERE. The people who make up this figure are more than likely to be white, male and people who have never experienced REAL poverty in their lives. They call the reds 'terrorists' when they are just normal people fighting for what they believe in. Yes, they are getting paid, so what? It's a small amount and since they had to leave their homes for a long time they need money to survive. YES, there are women and children and elderly people in the camp, i've seen it with my own eyes, for them to be there it just shows how fed up they are with their lives. How can anyone condone shooting innocent people? MANY farangs are pro red shirt and this shocks and DISGUSTS me, but it's not surprising as most of the farangs who live out here are male and everything 'ist' and 'ic' under the sun to include racist, chauvinist, homophobic, facist PIGS. It's they who should be rounded up and shot.

They are paid....Are you paid for posting as well? Or do you really believe that shooting M79 will change the world so everyone is complete equal (like in the paradise North Korea)

I like how gatecrasher uses 'facist pigs' in one sentence and "it's they who should be rounded up and shot" in the next :)

Fact is not always the instigator.......and since his shooting it appears the violence has increased and spread somewhat

So proof is not required - the resulting additional violence is either connected to the shooting, or to the increased government actions.....which is it to be??

It's you that has missed the point. FC stated that soldiers were shooting at people when they were under no direct threat. I disputed that and asked him how he could possibly know from where he was sitting what threat they were under. He gave the example of SD's shooting, but whatever suspicions people have, at this stage nobody knows who fired the shot.

As to whether things have got uglier since SD's shooting than they otherwise would have done, i'm not convinced.

As well many of the soldiers are almost kids and don't like to die, it is very easy to overreact in such situations. They should not be blamed.

I don't think you can say 'most' people back what the military are doing, it's 51% of the facists who are registered on HERE. /.. drivel snipped ../

Uh, no, the poll wasn't even done here and was against Thais...

When they are high up and 100's of meters away from people with slingshots I think its safe to say they are not under much threat..

How about the ambulances the BBC reporter is reporting them shooting up.. Those presenting a big threat ???

Sorry my mistake I should have wrapped the quoted part in tags I have edited post now should have looked like this;# Moved on Rama4 behind protesters. High velocity rounds incoming. Some injured. Ambulance shot at. Burning tyre rolled, live rounds followed 22 minutes ago via TweetDeck Then my personal comment was Looks like army haven't finished shooting paramedics

the tweet (hey, that's the first time i've ever used that word) didn't say who shot at the ambulance.

and....was it an ambulance?

the other thread says one truck painted/disguised(?) as an ambulance was used to deliver supplies to the protest zone.

What tosh!

Most people here have sympathy for the Thai poor. I have family in Isaan, I know.

Problem is that the red shirts had no idea what exactly they wanted to improve their lot.

This has now gone past protest. It is a REBELLION.

These people need to go home.

Any government's first responsibility is defence of the realm. This is what's happening.

I can assure you if this was London, the SAS would have de-capitated the mob and the whole thing would have been cleared up very quickly indeed.

I am not a racist , a bit chavinist, I don't care for poofs, I am certainly not a facist. However, if you saw the splendid fat boy's breakfast I had today then porcine is probably reasonable.

Sorry my mistake I should have wrapped the quoted part in tags I have edited post now should have looked like this

"# Moved on Rama4 behind protesters. High velocity rounds incoming. Some injured. Ambulance shot at. Burning tyre rolled, live rounds followed 22 minutes ago via TweetDeck"

Then my personal comment was

Looks like army haven't finished shooting paramedics

It's a real shame that those troops cant read what that BBC journo is saying about them... :)

I like how gatecrasher uses 'facist pigs' in one sentence and "it's they who should be rounded up and shot" in the next :)

Very normal I would say. When you look what fascists did and what communists like Stalin or Mao did, than you won't find so much difference......

At least some good news ...

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation

Children, women, elderly move to Pathumwanaram Temple

At 3 pm Sunday, children, women and elderly people started moving from the Rajprasong rally site to the Pathumwanaram Temple, Thai PBS reported.

They packed their personal things and headed to the temple.

The evacuation of the children, women and elderly started after the red-shirt leaders announced on the stage that they would not use children, women and elderly as human shields.

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

To "farangCravings" If the word 'MURDER' fits into this picture at all, it describes the red-shirt leaders......... They have through their own selfish goals, led all their followers over the cliff............ CHEW ON THAT FOR A WHILE.................

I only see Civilians DEAD not armed red shirt even a 10 year old boy shot by the military

Hmmmm pretty clear

Remove your rose-tinted glasses, engage your brain, and things may even become a little clearer. The soldier from the truck video died, murdered while unarmed and surrendering because he did not want to hurt his fellow thais. Quite a few "innocent protesters" faces were shown in that video, most will end up doing long hard time, if they are lucky.

The boy was told to move away from a dangerous position but refused. He was shot accidentally while the army were shooting at a proven redshit vehicle approaching at speed.

Are you claiming that the same men that are surrendering rather than hurt their countrymen are randomly shooting children? To what end?

@JD - is there something in the water up there?

Here's a new voice of reason and common sense.

:)

When they are high up and 100's of meters away from people with slingshots I think its safe to say they are not under much threat..

They might not be, but the people on the receiving end of the slingshots are.

Soldiers' job is not only to protect his own arse you know?

Then it is the actions of the government who have caused the contained area to spill out onto the street in uncontrolled violence.......nice one rixalex..... :)

Headless chicken.

Talking of homophobia did you catch Thaksin's attack on gays?

I didn't think so.

And try to spell fascist correctly.