More Bloodshed In Bangkok As Red Siege Continues

webfact

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Latest Death Toll: '29' (All Civilians). Injured: '221' /via @tulsathit

shows who the main aggressors are, the army!!

facts to back up the statement!!

Shows who are using better combat tactics. And in terms of weapons, the military is actually out-gunned, Reds are using grenades, military isn'

Arguable, but I'd prefer the M-16, much better range, rate of fire, and the M-79 ammo is really bulky. Best of both worlds, M-16 with the 203 underslung launcher :)

The reason is simple, Abhisit does not want women and children dead and in general as little collateral damage as possible - he is a decent chap, may be too decent for his own good - if this was the other way round and Thaksin was in government, this whole thing would have been over a long time because he wouldn't give a <deleted>

If almost any other Thai politician were in power. BEST POST of the day! :)

Edited by Ulysses G.

sorry, I'm on Sathon Soi 1 and I saw in the daily update thread that some people are tweeting that they're trapped inside an apartment here and the reds are about to set tires ablaze.... I just went out and didn't see anything.... although all the street lights are off and there are groups of scary looking men about.... how do I get in touch with that person?

I wanted to start a new thread but didn't know how. thanks!

Thanks for the update.

Why we should not believe something just because it is on Twitter ... or maybe ThaiVisa ... or both :)

yeah I just looked outside and no smoke in sathon soi 1 yet.... however, in the past 2 minutes about 20 motorcycles (probably reds) just blasted down through Gnam Du Plee/Sathon Soi 1 intersection....

all street lights here are off....

Shows who are using better combat tactics. And in terms of weapons, the military is actually out-gunned, Reds are using grenades, military isn't.

I haven't seen any reports that the Reds have used grenades so far? If they have people with heavy arms it seems like they have not joined the fighting yet.

If you haven't connected the dots with the many reports of grenades going off, and all reported to come from Red encampments, then you get an D for class attendance.

CRES freezes 106 bank accounts to cut support for red shirts cheesy.gif cheesy.gif cheesy.gif cheesy.gif cheesy.gif som nam naa

It's a start, and I bet it is also to try and cut off Red leaders making a runner with their paychecks in hand...

However, if any Red dogs get to Thaksin's feet, they get a pat on the head, and rewarded with a doggie biscuit with a roll of money inside.

Looks like it is going to be a long night in Bangkok

Fires, shooting, looting ...

IMO this will be the last night for the reds.

After tomorrows 3pm deadline, you can be sure

that once that is passed the gov't/army are going

to lower to boom on the whatever red shirts are left.

I believe they wil send in the full force of all their

military and clear central Bangkok the "peaceful protestors"

Say good night Alice ... party is almost over

Politician game, Sure Abhisit cannot accept a mediationof UN as it is "Thai Internal Affairs" .....

He should have ask himeself UN mediation long time ago. What it means that it is Thai internal affairs? The Ireland case was not internal affairs? The Cyprus case is not internal affairs? The Darfur case is not internal affairs? Give me a break all of you that you don't want to talk about the possibility of having UN mediation! WHY? What the government afraid of asking UN mediation? To loose face? He has lost face long time ago! The US embassy is evacuating non-essential staff. Do you know what this means in the diplomatic language? It means that they do not trust the country's government as a credible government that can assure the public safety of civilians!

It means that your Ambassador was one of the coward who was the first on the roof in SAIGON and thinks I don't wanne miss that chopper now.

Guess that some on this forum already have started packing, because Viking 75, redparot and many other reds weren't here for some time, or have they joint the protesters???

I doubt it!!

It means that you have no idea about politics. Just for clarity: 1st: I am not a USA citizen. 2nd: I do know very well from diplomacy and "evacuation of non-essential staff" is actually a political statement that says what I've explained in my message.

so the army is still just surrounding them and not actually going in to the red camp. The reds are coming out to attack the army. What do they expect to happen to them? fair enough i say; cnn now say army is being attacked by gun and grenade, fair enough, the more terrorist they kill now the less to make trouble later! red leader should let all the kids out and stop to use them as shield; cowardly scum bags.

HE NATION: My mother-in-law said pppl wanted 2 bring home their children & old ppl from rajprasong yday but was refused 2 leave by r-guards..

Unbelivable now you say the reds are holding civs against there will how low will you guys go

The goverment said all the deaths are becase the reds are shooting each other LMAO :):D:D do they really think anyone will believe that

Yes, I believe CRES. I believe in Mark.

it is a pity we can't post texts from the Bangkok Post here, the editor Voranai Vanijaka wrote a nice article about why this rebellion should be put out swiftly.

Put an end to this rebellion

Author: Voranai Vanijaka

Published: 16/05/2010 at 12:00 AM

Bangkok Post

Edited by tgw

BBC reporting on this is very poor. Disappointing actually.

The Beeb has always been slightly left wing but in this case they're just not doing the investigative reporting I would expect.

I think I will register this point with them. They'd certainly not want to be seen as being biased

don't bother, they don't really care. i wrote to them about a terrible article after april 10 quoting an 'eyewitness' named paul (no last name) talking about how the army was attacking innocent people, while every video available clearly showed red-shirts hurling petrol bombs and firing automatic weapons. they didn't even bother with an auto-reply.

Shows who are using better combat tactics. And in terms of weapons, the military is actually out-gunned, Reds are using grenades, military isn't.

I haven't seen any reports that the Reds have used grenades so far? If they have people with heavy arms it seems like they have not joined the fighting yet.

If you haven't connected the dots with the many reports of grenades going off, and all reported to come from Red encampments, then you get an D for class attendance.

Ask DAN. Maybe he have seen something 1st hand.

No proof to back this up except for some of the video shot today with odd behavior of red but this certainly may not be true ... I've heard a few rumors that the reds are paying some of the folks in the slum (mainly yaa baa addicts) to come out in the streets and basically raise havoc.

All your posts are unbelievable. Difference of views makes great debate regardless of your alleigance but you just post nonsense

jcbangkok qualifies his info as 'a few rumors'. He doesn't state it as irrefutable fact. Even so, rumors can sometimes turn out to be true. Two days before the coup which took out Thaksin, I predicted it with a poem published in the Bkk Post (you can look it up). When the poem was written (predicting the day of the coup), it could have been snubbed by all as being just rumor - yet it turned out to be true. Let's see if the rumor JC alluded to becomes truth. In the meantime, how does TrueThailand know it to be 'nonsense'? ....does TT know all that's going on in Bkk slums?

Thanks Brahm but I think everyone has got his number already and realize he is bitter for getting called out so thoroughly on the whole "no armed reds outside their fortress" suggestion.

I really would have thought the yaa baa slum thing was BS even though a number of Thais I know swear it is true (they all hate the reds) but then watching TV today I couldn't believe some of what I was seeing ... also some of the pics posted here.

There is one video of guys in underwear looking whacked out dancing behind a low tire barricade as some reds are crouching preparing to throw fire bombs. The whole area looked like the middle of a war zone and these guys dancing in their biking briefs. Then there was the guy trying to make a gas bomb using a small energy drink bottle and when he gets done he lights in and throws it in the street near an already burning stack of tires .. it didn't ignite (water?). then there are the pics of folks who simply look like the are on drugs and clueless of what they are doing but milling or sitting around at tire barricades and seem completely clueless to their environment taking no offensive or defensive actions ... just sitting their looking space out.

But again, nothing to back up the rumors I heard from clearly anti-red Thais but IMO there are some folks there appearing to be under the influence of drugs.

Edited by jcbangkok

Sweet dream of yours again.

they try already for 4 days to fullfill this dream.

Now have three more area to cover, 5 more province they just piss off, and you think they win.

small weasel on TV talk about a photo shop job (we only kill one) while rome (bangkok) burns.

BBC reporting on this is very poor. Disappointing actually.

The Beeb has always been slightly left wing but in this case they're just not doing the investigative reporting I would expect.

I think I will register this point with them. They'd certainly not want to be seen as being biased

don't bother, they don't really care. i wrote to them about a terrible article after april 10 quoting an 'eyewitness' named paul (no last name) talking about how the army was attacking innocent people, while every video available clearly showed red-shirts hurling petrol bombs and firing automatic weapons. they didn't even bother with an auto-reply.

"biased" is subjective... if they show what you want to see then tht may be biased for others.... they have their guys on the ground who are reporting wht they are seeing unlike u and me .. sitting in cozy confines of our home and blasting anybody who doesn't share our views...

Latest development, Rama 4 Tesco Lotus is set fired by Red protesters that thought there is army hiding inside the building.

Naaa, they probably ran out of red bull

they also have been looting 7/11's and other shops, broken into banks ... it's party time for Thailand's criminals ... until tomorrow afternoon anyway and than its time to pay the piper

Such street battles will attract a larger group of rowdies, yobs, the hooligan types, that aren't only reds anymore and of course such situation can turn some parts of town into anarchy, but an anarchy of another kind as the red rally road blockade.

this conflict has resolved a serious problem for the redshirts

during the roadmap discussions, they always had a problem, in that if they agreed to go home, what would they do with all the munitions they had buried in Lumpini?

it would have been a real PR problem for the 'peaceful democracy seeking reds' if the government had found them and shown them to the world media

so now they get to use them all up.

once that's done, they will leave................

This is what it looks like and ( I really mean this in a good way) I would urge the red's on this forum who have any relatives out there who are not part of the terrorists to convince them to get out - they will come home but likely in a box

it is a pity we can't post texts from the Bangkok Post here, the editor Voranai Vanijaka wrote a nice article about why this rebellion should be put out swiftly.

Bangkok Post

Very clever man to talk about something they cannot do.

if can do, they do already.

Abhisit going to die of old age soon. he look 60 year old tonight on tv and smiley boy from thai soap face now very gaunt. som nam nah

bull post and bull article

according what has been said and the fact that the government has asked the Thai red cross to go in tomorrow and persuade as many as possible to leave it is pretty obvious that tomorrow evening those who choose to remain are in for a rather bad time - looks like it is going to be over by Tuesday they should look out for red shirt leaders trying to sneak out in woman's clothing though

i think the red leadership understand what this means.

so i would expect them to make their big push tonight.

they need casualties, preferably women and children, to elicit sympathy.

if the 'hostages' leave tomorrow with the red cross, where does that leave the hard core and the leadership?

the news on TV has just shown the footage with the three fakers and one dead man, and proven the fake and misleading images presented by red shirts. one can see the street later cleared with no traces of blood except for the one man (and their prior positions) doctored images and staged situations.

also, they did find a red shirt on camera firing his M79 at troops right near Lumpini park.

Hope that shows some on here the true face and lack of credibility of the red shirt followers. please tune in and you'll see a huge case built against the red shirts

also see the footage of the man who tries to ignite the gas truck, and the troops simply shoot him below the waist.

The military sure is showing restrain against these vandals and crooks who are nothing short of just that.

CORRECTION: red shirt protester trying to ignite the gas truck was shot in FOOT as he tries to set truck on fire.

This goes in the face of reports that snipers firing only to kill.

Great shot and then he was allowed to hobble away.

http://www.ireport.com/docs/DOC-444833

CNN IREPORTS NOW BLOCKED

Edited by VictorMeldrewBKK

They just had some army guy on Tele explaining a lot of the photos and video that has been shown on the internet. Sowed that the phot of the 7 dead bodies had been photoshopped. Was one dead which is still many.

He also showed footage of a red firing a M79 grenade launcher. A red trying to get into the fuel truck of a fire truck but was hit with a rubber bullet.

Was also saying that a photo showing troops firing M79 launchers was false and it was a tear gas launcher.

I guess that in todays age it is too easy to forge images, either to make them look worse or better.

Who do you believe.

Edit Sorry just seen this has been posted.

Edited by Throatwobbler

Some of you people make me sick! :) Ordinary people are dying from the work of snipers, not terrorists. And who would be the employer of snipers????

From UN definition of terrorism

"In November 2004, a United Nations Secretary General report described terrorism as any act "intended to cause death or serious bodily harm to civilians or non-combatants with the purpose of intimidating a population or compelling a government or an international organization to do or abstain from doing any act". "

By this definition the Issan Army occupying central Bangkok are terrorists.

Sad but Funny.

Bangkok Post

Very clever man to talk about something they cannot do.

if can do, they do already.

Abhisit going to die of old age soon. he look 60 year old tonight on tv and smiley boy from thai soap face now very gaunt. som nam nah

bull post and bull article

you sound like a wounded dog. poor jabs and hooks with no power that won't bring anybody down. you better pick a fight with mouse instead of informed people who live in BKK and know whats going on.

This is what it looks like and ( I really mean this in a good way) I would urge the red's on this forum who have any relatives out there who are not part of the terrorists to convince them to get out - they will come home but likely in a box

If they could do it so easily, they would have done it 8 weeks ago.

Last time they charged the area at the WTC, 250 army shot with rubber bullits and their leader killed with real ones.

I know you might not be aware of it but the thai group of Reds is on internet TV 24 hours a day speaking from the shopping area.

The snipers are not near them now because the fight is spreading into other areas.

Maybe your area soon.

Burn baby burn

Or see how ridiculous it is? Anyone living here for any length of time can spot guys like this and know what they are about mr two-face farang slams other farang for hitting the girlie bars while exiting out the back door of the katoey bar - pun intended!

If pun intended wouldn't he then be entering back door of katoey bar?

Well typically; what goes in, must come out....

:D Ur an evil man :)

Sweet dream of yours again.

they try already for 4 days to fullfill this dream.

Now have three more area to cover, 5 more province they just piss off, and you think they win.

small weasel on TV talk about a photo shop job (we only kill one) while rome (bangkok) burns.

ShofnerJamesPitmanMIL.jpg

I found a picture of our jamesPittman online, only the used AB US while it should've been ABUSED

But when we present your picture the date will be present

Is this idiot threateing me or did he miss post?

The government just declared a government holiday for Monday & Tuesday. The average Thai still has to go to work and risk being shot by army snipers in the head. Only government officials will get to stay safely at home. What a joke.

Now they're showing their true intentions. If they cared about every Thai, they would declare a national holiday, not just a public holiday. :)

It has become "all or nothing" for both the parties now...

It Reds win they will hunt down each of the present government..

And govt is anyway going to do all it could to stop that happening...

The losers of this battle is surely not goin to have a further political career for sure....