More Bloodshed In Bangkok As Red Siege Continues

webfact

Tom Brady

Your post 1313, well it is an unlucky number twice, and I reckon it is banning time for you matey! Seconds to do are getting few!

Any guesses on what his new name will be? "Dumbass" would be appropriate

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What do you guys think would be the next appropriate step Govt could take if this violence carries on for furhter 2-3 days ?

Guys with "kill them all" approach pls don't reply...

There is surely only one person who can stop this now.

Yep. Agreed.

Yes, but I am not sure it needs to be stopped now.

The government seems to be able to win, and it could use that political capital in future. If the thing is stopped now, and another "compromise" government put in place, the conflict will only be delayed.

HM the King asked every officer in Thailand to carry out his duties in line with the Law.

That's a clear message in my opinion.

The protestors have offered to come back to the table.......if the violence spreads and increases the government will be seen as the non negotiators.....so they cannot afford for this to go on more than a couple of days.......any more deaths will be attributed to their stance.

It is a deadly game of chess....the pawns are the ones getting shot!!!

I for one am far from convinced that the protestors are a spent force...............

They said in the past "we agree to the road map"

Only to then change their minds and try to change the conditions

Just because they say they want to negotiate, does not mean

they actually want to negotiate

They have proven themselves to be liars and unable to negotiate

in good faith, the writing is on the wall, it will all be over when

you wake up Tuesday

What do you guys think would be the next appropriate step Govt could take if this violence carries on for furhter 2-3 days ?

They need to really seal off the area, and after trying to get as many children and oldies as possible out, put so much tear gas in continuously that they are forced out.

What happens after that is the really tricky thing, as if not dealt with properly, will only happen again next dry season, or it will be the Yellows turn ad infinitum. Personally, I'd charge all the red guards with rebellion and attempting to overthrow the government, and put them to hard labour for 30 years, but probably won't happen. I don't see any difference between them and the Times Square bomber. Anyone reckon he'll be getting a slap on the hand, despite not actually killing anyone?

I'm sure there are alternatives to tear gas too. The US is working on non lethal sound weapons I believe. Good chance to test them here.

I appreciate that some of you guys are new but besides the usual trolling stuff, you do realise that you cannot make references to certain people on this forum?

I suggest you hurry back and edit out those references if you feel like remaining a member.

They need to really seal off the area, and after trying to get as many children and oldies as possible out, put so much tear gas in continuously that they are forced out.

What happens after that is the really tricky thing, as if not dealt with properly, will only happen again next dry season, or it will be the Yellows turn ad infinitum. Personally, I'd charge all the red guards with rebellion and attempting to overthrow the government, and put them to hard labour for 30 years, but probably won't happen. I don't see any difference between them and the Times Square bomber. Anyone reckon he'll be getting a slap on the hand, despite not actually killing anyone?

I'm sure there are alternatives to tear gas too. The US is working on non lethal sound weapons I believe. Good chance to test them here.

They did used use some sound weapon when reds broke into parliament two months back.. it didn't worked then....

Army was supposed to get the women and children out from there ... don't know what happened to that plan...

In using Thai Visa I agree:

2) Not to express disrespect of the King of Thailand or anyone else in the Thai royal family, whether living or deceased, nor to criticize the monarchy as an institution. Speculation, comments and discussion of either a political or personal nature are not allowed when discussing HM The King or the Royal family. Discussion of the lese majeste law or lese majeste cases is permitted on the forum, providing no comment or speculation is made referencing the royal family. To breach this rule will result in immediate ban

I would really suggest a change of topic. His Majesty is above politics and deserves to be held in extremely high respect. He has been the father of this country longer than most of us have been alive and is deservedly held in EXTREME esteem by the people of Thailand as can be attested by the numerous pictures you see of him in business', homes and public areas (minus the red encampment).

Edited by jcbangkok

LILKITTY. You are really dense man. The "father" is the king, not Abhisit so stop asking why Abhisit is the father, he is not. GET IT?

The army spokesman was saying the media are targets FOR THE REDS, meaning they are in danger from the red terrorists, not that he just ordered the deaths of all media.... GET IT?

LILKITTY, you don't seem to understand Thai and you don't seem to understand English neither, are you from Mars?

Would you guys knock it off. Alot of people are depending on this site for information regarding the ongoing situation and it would be a shame to have it shut down because of some loose lips.

Now grow up or go to bed! :)

They did used use some sound weapon when reds broke into parliament two months back.. it didn't worked then....

Army was supposed to get the women and children out from there ... don't know what happened to that plan...

I heard on tv that they were going to get the red cross to do that. I don't blame peasants for believing that the army would probably kill or harm them. No idea what happened to that plan. Probably like all the others- BS.

As for sound weapons they could always play Jinger Bells over and over- Oh sorry, they already do that at Xmas and it only works on farangs ( apologies for bad joke ).

I appreciate that some of you guys are new but besides the usual trolling stuff, you do realise that you cannot make references to certain people on this forum?

I suggest you hurry back and edit out those references if you feel like remaining a member.

Hopefully its too late, if its 1313 you are referring to. Anyone that sick doesnt deserve a second chance.

Ugh, just saw you said it again. The mods are posting reports from various people, they could be any source, but the mods post them. Get it through your lil kitty brain, they are simply posting reports, not the word of god. JEEZE.

ok, here's the posting:

AFP Report: Journalists a 'terrorist' target for Thai army. "The press is a target, as well as people at the protest site," Said Sunsern

now let's break it down.

1. it's from an afp report.

2. there's a quote from Sunsern -- ""The press is a target, as well as people at the protest site"

3. someone at AFP offered their interpretation -- "Journalists a 'terrorist' target for Thai army."

the person at AFP is just adding their spin, which is obviously incorrect. i mean, think people. you really

beleive the government would ANNOUNCE that they are targeting reporters? no, of course not. what sunsern is

saying is that every individual at the site is a target of indiscriminate black/red firing, including the press.

The protestors have offered to come back to the table.......if the violence spreads and increases the government will be seen as the non negotiators.....so they cannot afford for this to go on more than a couple of days.......any more deaths will be attributed to their stance.

Disagree. Offering to go back to negotiations is just a stalling tactic. Nuttawut and cronies had their chance and blew it, som nam na. I don't believe the majority of Thais will blame the govt for the measures they are being forced to take. I think most law abiding decent Thais are sick to the back teeth of the current mess.

I agree the Thai are fed up. What do the reds have to stall for?.......the disruption is spreading?

Hopefully its too late, if its 1313 you are referring to. Anyone that sick doesnt deserve a second chance.

I am referring to anyone who mentions what cannot be mentioned, either in a positive, neutral or negative way. THE SUBJECT IS A NO GO ZONE.

AFP Report: Journalists a 'terrorist' target for Thai army. "The press is a target, as well as people at the protest site," Said Sunsern

FOR ____ SAKES PEOPLE ... HERE IS THE LINK AND WHAT WAS SAID ...

http://dalje.com/en-world/journalists-a-te...t-target/305588

Thailand's military Sunday urged journalists to stay out of a fortified camp occupied by protesters battling government troops in Bangkok, saying the press have become a "terrorist" target.

"The press is a target, as well as people at the protest site," army spokesman Colonel Sunsern Kaewkumnerd told reporters, adding authorities had information "terrorists" were trying to attack reporters, police and soldiers.

Prime Minister Abhisit Vejjajiva has said armed "terrorists" are mixed in with the protesters, who number in the thousands.

Do you guys think the Red Shirt leaders are even able to stop this now? Or have the hardliners gone off on their own? I get the feeling they have.

No way the hard line leaders can stop now, as no doubt looking to the future, and if give up without Abhisit resigning now will lose credibility.

eg: ( some time in the future )- Red leader- "I want you to go to Bangkok and protest"

Peasant- "and get my butt kicked like last time, for nothing. No thanks".

It is a deadly game of chess....the pawns are the ones getting shot!!!

I for one am far from convinced that the protestors are a spent force...............

They said in the past "we agree to the road map"

Only to then change their minds and try to change the conditions

Just because they say they want to negotiate, does not mean

they actually want to negotiate

They have proven themselves to be liars and unable to negotiate

in good faith, the writing is on the wall, it will all be over when

you wake up Tuesday

Maybe....There are many who would be pleased if you were right, especially without bloodshed.....but what will be over.......a corner in bangkok cleaned up, or the feeling of dissent......two very different things.....which is why resolving by negotiation must never be abandoned

Media activist Chavarong Limpattamapanee, a senior member of the Thailand Journalism Association, suggested that reporters should pull out from risky areas.

"It's clear that there are unidentified armed men embedded in the protester zone," he said.

The only people who have anything to gain by shooting the press are the red/black shirts. The gov't has been totally open about letting the press observe all operations (irresponsibly so, it seems to me, but there you go).

Well, anyone who speaks Thai or has a Thai wife needs to watch this!! If your wife watches it, get the kleenex ready!

Watch This!

(can anyone tell me how to embed youtube videos on this site?)

My wife, MIL, sisters etc, just watched it and all burst into sobbing tears. It is above politics and shows the real feelings of the normal Thai person as to what is happening in this country right now.

If anyone can give a better translation please do, but what I picked up was this. The guy picks up an award at a Thai TV awards show, and during the speech says something along the following lines. "This 'house' used to have lots of fighting, the family were never happy and fought about everything. Then along came our Father, he worked so hard to build a beautiful new 'House' for us, where we could all be happy and live together. As a young boy, I grew up in such a happy house and my Father loved us all and we all loved him so dearly. Now some members of our family are fighting for someone else and want to destroy our 'house', and hurt our Father and even take him away. Why? If you don't love our Father anymore, then just leave our House and let us be happy once again with him, we love him and we would all die for him"

All very emotional and a standing ovation. It is flying around the Thai social networking sites at the speed of light. If this is broadcast to the 'normal' red protestors they will all go home within 20 minutes of watching it.

Please explain how Abhisit is Thailand's father?

Are you just pretending to be stupid? or are you really stupid?

This is about Abhisit stepping down and calling for new elections. And meaning it, not just telling people to guess the date of the House dissolution. Because without an exact date of a House dissolution, you cannot have an exact date for an election. But only smart people understand how it works. The stupid people just saw Abhisit saying "elections will be held on November 14th".

Now, back to the issue. This is about Abhisit, nobody else. So it being about Abhisit, care to explain how Abhisit is Thailand's father?

there's only one Father of all Thai, and it isn't Abhisit, see? Nor Thaksin.

Edited by hegenious

Do you guys think the Red Shirt leaders are even able to stop this now? Or have the hardliners gone off on their own? I get the feeling they have.

Those are the two main probabilities ;

either they have lost control of the fringes, especially if telephones are impaired,

and their group leaders are hopped up enough to 'improvise'. based on some amourphous plan.

So we wopuld have dozens of cell groups running amok and not even responding to central authority.

Or

The main hardcore leaders destined for long jail terms when caught

have gone rogue, do or die, win or suffer damnation, crazy.

If they can't take control, then they are just in deep, deep trouble,

beyond their imaginings. So they let their personal forces slip the leash,

and hope for the best.

Never considering that SHOULD they miriaculously take down the government,

they will never have a days rest after that because a target will be

permanently tatooed on their foreheads because of all this.

Lose, lose for these guys in the long run. But Thai citizens lose sooner.

I think that is a possibilty.......and I also feel there are more dangerous weapons out there which have been held back as long as they were in control.....I hope I am wrong

If they can't win, red leaders have everything to win in a negociated end to the conflict - except Thaksin.

If the government follows through, all red leaders are finished.

I am thinking what is the best words to describe the current situation - OUT OF CONTROL ?

go through couple of video of these two days, I see following :

- red protesters plus lot of unidentified civilians attacking soldiers

- few red guards actually stepped forward and tried to stop the attacks

- also unidentified armed snipers were mixed into the mess and got the job done

- seems all these were 'localised' actions

the 'red leaders' all in the sheild of the red stage, apparently ( I guess ) they do not have time to coordinate this level of attack. if this is their span of control, then they are almost 'OUT OF CONTROL' of their action plan.

I think that is a possibilty.......and I also feel there are more dangerous weapons out there which have been held back as long as they were in control.....I hope I am wrong

Hardliners are fighting for a reason ... we can argue all day what that reason is.

However, there are just some violent people looking for trouble now and those are the ones I think we need to be more concerned with. Few have guns but they all have matches (lighters ... do Thais even use matches?) and the willingness and possible desire to loot and set buildings on fire. Any time you have riots or chaos like this, these people come out of the woodwork.

Red Shirts have no rules. Soldiers can only shoot armed rebels.

Red Shirts blocking Victory Monument around the corner, where are the soldiers when you need them? :D

From my window I can see Soldiers walking around inside Victory Monument BTS in the dark but are they only there to protect BTS Station? :D

I don't hear any shooting around here tonight. Anybody hear shooting where you are?

I knew we should have gone to Bang Saen today. Too late laew. :)

I wish some of these guys would just go to bed when they come home from the pub, trying to read their "spider crawl" and then trying to work out their logic is giving me a headache.

Good night all, try not to think what all this is doing to our adopted country! :):D:D