95 Non Gasohol Unavailable?

Shell has stopped the Benzine 95 - this is a real shame and my Subaru is meant for Benzine only.

I refuse to drive a boring car!

What Shell station and when? My wife filled the tank a few days ago with V-power. (Benzene 95)

Well, as far as i know the Shell at Pattaya North, just before the Pattaya Bangkok Hospital has stopped selling V-power Benzene 95.

This was the only Shell station around in Pattaya that i knew which had this V-Power Benzene 95. I stopped at several other Shell stations when i came from BKK and Rayong, and from other trips in the last weeks, never found another Shell station with V-Power Benzene 95.

At which station did your wife found the V-Power benzene ?

One of the Shells on Ratchada, but when I look today an bunch have stopped selling it. Some Caltex stations do still have it.

Hi

Shell have stopped selling Benzene, the Vpower is Gasohol

http://www.eppo.go.th/retail_prices.html

Here they say they have it in BKK

http://www.shell.co.th/home/content/tha-en...els/fuel_price/

AFAIK, Shell V-power 95 Benzene was never displayed on the EPPO website, so that may not be definitive.

The best way to tell is still price: just look for 95 that's > 40 Baht/L :)

Edited by MoonRiverOasis

Hi

Shell have stopped selling Benzene, the Vpower is Gasohol

http://www.eppo.go.th/retail_prices.html

Here they say they have it in BKK

http://www.shell.co.th/home/content/tha-en...els/fuel_price/

AFAIK, Shell V-power 95 Benzene was never displayed on the EPPO website, so that may not be definitive.

The best way to tell is still price: just look for 95 that's > 40 Baht/L :)

Caltex Sukhumvit South Pattaya Lotus still have 95 Benzene. V Power is Gasohol. BTW i regonized that both of my cars got better gasmileage with 95 Benzene instead of 95 Gasohol.

There is a PT station on the 36 just around the couner from Regents school.

Pass regents as you go out of Pattaya towards Rayong and you will see it on the right hand side. The safe U turn is quite a way up the road (the first U turn falls short by 100 or so meters).

We always buy 95 there for the racing cars we run at Bira.

I am actualy going to put together a map with coordinates for GPS because there are so many cars that need proper 95 (classics and racers, bikes and so on)

So if anyone cames across a station selling 95 I would be gratefull for the info.

Regards,

gavin

The safe U turn is quite a way up the road (the first U turn falls short by 100 or so meters).

:) What?? And you don't just cut across against traffic to get in like the locals do?? Your falang is showing :D :D .....

So out of curiosity what cars and in what class?

The safe U turn is quite a way up the road (the first U turn falls short by 100 or so meters).

:) What?? And you don't just cut across against traffic to get in like the locals do?? Your falang is showing :D :D .....

Running an e30 with a 3.0L S50 in Retro, Open RWD and E30 Club.

BTW I was advising everyone else to do I safe U turn, I just do-it Thai style.

Gavin

Running an e30 with a 3.0L S50 in Retro, Open RWD and E30 Club.

BTW I was advising everyone else to do I safe U turn, I just do-it Thai style.

Gavin

Thanks and naughty you for not taking your own advice on the U turn :D:D ...

"e30 with a 3.0L S50"

:)

Very nice, did you source the S50 in Thailand or import it ? I thought I was the only E30 fan here......I have an E30 with 1UZ V8 and R154 manual box, next project will probably be S50 or M62 into another E30. Some nice V12 E30's around too but need deep pockets for that one.

Cheers

"Supreme" does not mean benzine it merely denotes the highest octane rating available is 35per L but it is still likely gasohol 95octane especially at that price.. I even have trouble getting benzine from ESSO stations here in Bangkok and frankly no longer even look I only seek out Caltex first and Shell second..

Edited by WarpSpeed

Yes Shell seems to have stoped selling 95 benzine as i believe have Caltex , looks like a co-ordinated move . Shell have replaced it with something called v-power 95 gasohol (much cheaper btw at 34 bt). They were giving out leaflets (in Thai) about the change at one of their stations I was in today. I had a very brief chat with one of the attendants there who said they had stopped selling pure benzine because the govt told them too. As others have said the Thai govt has wanted to get rid of benzine completely for some time.But many thought they would leave the top-end v-power and caltex gold alone. Looks like they have ordered shell and caltex to stop selling the stuff from now .

Well it's been a couple of weeks since buying benzine at my local Caltex but it was still available at that point..

sadly i think if you try them tomorow you will find they no longer sell it. Would love to be wrong on this though so if you find it please post.

Just seen benzine 95 at Caltex on Sukhumvit between Soi 38 and 36

you are absolutely right , just filled up there, spoke to one of the guys there who said he believed caltex were going to continue to sell benzene 95 or caltex gold as they call it. he was well aware that shell no longer sells benzene 95 ,good for them,caltex only for me from now on!