Learning Thai Bck In The Uk

mrbojangles

I'm back in the Uk now (unfortunatley) for about 6 months and hopefully my wife will be joining me soon. I'm not very good at speaking Thai and my wife prefers to better her English than bother to help me learn Thai (does anyone else have this problem?) Anyway, with or without her help i want to improve and hopefully learn to write. Does anyone know of any Schools/Colleges or Private Tuition available in the Manchester area? Alternatively, if one of you can speak good and lives in the area and you would like to earn a little extra cash i would do that also. I've got some CD's but i struggle with that type of learning style.

Regards

Mr BoJ

Mr BoJ,

I don't have any specific recommendations, but here are a couple of links to be getting on with:-

JMJ Language Tutuors.

Article on the Temple of the Friendly Giant.

Cheers,

Scouse.

Thanks for that Scouse, you are indeed a Cavern :o (Beatles joke for those non UK!!) of information. I'll give them a call tomorrow. didn't find any of that on my searches.

Many thanks Mr BoJ

There is a Thai shop on Portland Street in Manchester City Centre which does Thai lessons on Saturday afternoons. I used to go there myself. It is pretty informal but is a chance to speak and practice your Thai with a native speaker. It was 10 pounds an hour, which is fairly expensive compared to Bangkok, but a lot chepaer than another place I looked at.

The shop is called Narees Thai Gift Shop and is downstairs. If you go down Portland Street, there is a Natwest bank on the corner before you turn into Chinatown. It is on that block. The number is (or used to be) 0161 2369257.

There is a Thai shop on Portland Street in Manchester City Centre which does Thai lessons on Saturday afternoons.  I used to go there myself.  It is pretty informal but is a chance to speak and practice your Thai with a native speaker.  It was 10 pounds an hour, which is fairly expensive compared to Bangkok, but a lot chepaer than another place I looked at.

The shop is called Narees Thai Gift Shop and is downstairs.  If you go down Portland Street, there is a Natwest bank on the corner before you turn into Chinatown.  It is on that block.  The number is (or used to be) 0161 2369257.

Much appreciated StateSix, i'll give them a call.

Mr BoJ

Mr BoJ,

I don't have any specific recommendations, but here are a couple of links to be getting on with:-

JMJ Language Tutuors.

Article on the Temple of the Friendly Giant.

Cheers,

Scouse.

Geeze, just called the www.jmj link above. They do 1 and half hour sessions for £35 per session!! If any of you fluent Thai speakers fancy coming back to the UK there might be an opportunity for you. :o

Mr BoJ