Out Of Thailand, Into Uk..

I'm posting this for a fellow TV member who doesn't have access to the Internet at the moment. He's returning to the UK and has bought some stuff as souvenirs for friends and family. What are some of the things not allowed to be taken out of Thailand/brought into the UK? eg. Buddhist statues/figures? Would appreciate any info on this, thanks!

I've not sure about this, but I don't think you can take buddha images out of Thailand. Check it up, though. As concerns the UK, the only real no-no, other than the obvious ones, is meat products. Fresh veg is OK but may be weight restricted.

Scouse.

Brief details of what can be brought into the UK can be found on Restricted and prohibited goods on the HM Revenue & Customs website. The main "no-noes" for ordinary travellers from Thailand being meat, fish, fruit and vegetables.

A Customs guide for travellers entering the UK ( PDF (81,205 bytes) ) gives full details.

I believe the ban on exporting images of the Buddha applies to antiques, modern ones are ok, Indeed I think any antiquity is prohibited.

I've had a brief look through Thai Customs site, but can't find a definitive list.