Mods, Can Make New Forum For Political Posts?

Just wondering since with all of the chaos and us with all of our opinions if they can open up a new forum temporarily for everyone to post their political views etc.

It is true what the Mods are saying and I for one am guilty of losing my temper and making nasty comments etc.

Just a suggestion for the Mods or Thai Visa.

banjo-playing-smile.gif

I agree that moderators could be more proactive in organising the threads, at least in the short term, by creating threads about specific topics, for example, eye witness reports from different posters dotted around Bangkok.

I don't mean to be critical. I know you guys are overworked and underpaid and I appreciate the work that you are doing and the service you are providing for the expat community, particularly in this time of crisis.

Thank you.

:)

:D

Given the proliferation of abuse, profanity, general nastiness and inflammatory posts in News, do you really think creating yet another forum to give these same people yet another place to vent is really a feasible idea for the mods at this time?

Given the proliferation of abuse, profanity, general nastiness and inflammatory posts in News, do you really think creating yet another forum to give these same people yet another place to vent is really a feasible idea for the mods at this time?
Quite right Mod's leave well alone. Oh and can you use smaller word's.

Frankly, I go to the "Bangkok Red-Shirt Rally LIVE -- [today's date]" for factual up-to-date status information, hitting the F5 button (refresh website) several times an hour. Works well, and many thanks to the Admin's for providing this very helpful thread.

All other threads, I consider "up for grabs" for political opinions and conjecture, and take them with a grain of salt. Even rumor has its place in such crises (sometimes turns into fact, sometimes not; but at least gives posters a chance to check it out.)

Not so difficult. :)

The problem is that considering legal issues the so-called 'political' threads must be at least minimally moderated.

Given the inability of many forum members, paid 'political' shills, and trolls, to behave themselves in ways that don't expose the forum to such issues, I would be firmly against any further venue for anyone to continue to act out.

The problem is that considering legal issues the so-called 'political' threads must be at least minimally moderated.

Given the inability of many forum members, paid 'political' shills, and trolls, to behave themselves in ways that don't expose the forum to such issues, I would be firmly against any further venue for anyone to continue to act out.

Just thought it would make life easier for you folk. Little easier to moderate one forum then many right? At least this way you could easily re-direct all the political spew in the regular forums to the one set up for OUR spew. Seems all of the sites here are breaking into CYBER WAR !!!!!!!

But up to you. I was only suggesting to make it easier for you all.

As far as I know, none of us mod for bangkokchat, which I'd never seen till you posted the link.

Some of us live in Thailand, some don't.

Potential mods are usually invited from the general membership. A simple 'Moderator' can moderate only one subforum branch. A 'Global Moderator' can moderate all branches.

Note: Plenty of members post prolifically on their political views in responses to threads in the Thailand News Clippings subforum. No need to start a separate subforum.