Koh Chang

pete1987

Okay Hi to everyone i'm new to this forum today.

The reason for me joing is to gather as much information and tips about koh chang as possible. I am thinking of buying property and would like to revise the area before commiting to the project.

Thank you guys and any info is much appriciated.

Google is your friend. Search 'Koh Chang Thailand' and the first site ( iamkohchang.com ) is mine - lots of island related stuff there. Search for 'Koh Chang Property' and the first site (kohchangrealestate.com) is another of mine - property related stuff there, but the same listings as on the first site.

See how you get on with those.

Google is your friend. Search 'Koh Chang Thailand' and the first site ( iamkohchang.com ) is mine - lots of island related stuff there. Search for 'Koh Chang Property' and the first site (kohchangrealestate.com) is another of mine - property related stuff there, but the same listings as on the first site.

See how you get on with those.

Hey, have the rains started down there yet? We're hoping the monsoons hold off until late June.

Hey, have the rains started down there yet? We're hoping the monsoons hold off until late June.

We spent last week touring Chanthaburi and Trat . . . just one day we didn't get a downpour, semed to be timed for between 4-6pm then would clear.

We spent last week touring Chanthaburi and Trat . . . just one day we didn't get a downpour, semed to be timed for between 4-6pm then would clear.

Lived there for nearly three years in the past, lovely place but lots and lots of rain for more than six months a year as I remember, not so fun when you have to commute everyday on a bike with a laptop up on the hill, down on the hill, up on the hill, down on the hill... But at least I could do monkey watching every week and enjoy the beauty of one of the last rain forests around.

The sea water was already dirty then and lots of ugly and expensive resorts were being built obscuring the sea view.

I'm not sure I want to go back to see what it looks like now..

There's been some heavy showers but on the whole May has been much hotter and drier than last year. Little bit of rain last night but today the sun has been shining, the sea is calm and the beaches are very quiet.

But the forecast is for rain next week. By late June it'll be hit and miss - cant guarantee the weather then.

Lived there for nearly three years in the past, lovely place but lots and lots of rain for more than six months a year as I remember, not so fun when you have to commute everyday on a bike with a laptop up on the hill, down on the hill, up on the hill, down on the hill... But at least I could do monkey watching every week and enjoy the beauty of one of the last rain forests around.

The sea water was already dirty then and lots of ugly and expensive resorts were being built obscuring the sea view.

it will sink anytime now due to weight of concrete.

it will sink anytime now due to weight of concrete.

It breaks my heart to hear this. The national park and the Designated Area for 'un'sustainable tourism people seemed so eager to clean up the place and resolve all the issues that are the cause of destruction of such delicate eco-system. Unfortunately they completely ignored the eco-volunteers that went there to help and kept letting things go worse. I might as well go on holiday to Benidorm instead..

• 4 weeks later...

<!--quoteo(post=3611410:date=2010-05-17 19:52:42:name=T_Dog)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (T_Dog @ 2010-05-17 19:52:42) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=3611410"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Hey, have the rains started down there yet? We're hoping the monsoons hold off until late June.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

There's been some heavy showers but on the whole May has been much hotter and drier than last year. Little bit of rain last night but today the sun has been shining, the sea is calm and the beaches are very quiet.

But the forecast is for rain next week. By late June it'll be hit and miss - cant guarantee the weather then.

Changian.... We just got back and had a great time. Timing was everything with the occasional rains. We even got to go on the 4 island snorkeling tour which was grand, and the only one that ran all week. Seas were a bit rough going out, but the snorkeling was great.

Sure was quiet though... When we got off the ferry at Centerpoint, we were two of three tourists walking off the boat. Truck taxi wanted 300 baht for a ride to White Sand Beach so we rented a motorbike instead.

Thanks for the advice on the rains. We risked and made out great. The next week sounds a lot wetter than what we experienced.

T Dog: Good to hear it worked out OK. Just had a couple of very nice days, no rain & the sea was calm and the sun shining. Starting to cloud over today though and there were a couple of pretty cool waterspouts visible way out in the ocean this afternoon.