Renting Laptops In Cm

standbyme

I'm here for about another 4 mths, would be good to rent a laptop from somewhere... unfortunately I didn't bring mine with me and my family tells me it will cost in the vicinity of 150 AUD to send it from back home, so if anyone knows of prices of location for renting on in CM that would be awesome! Cheers!

It will cost you a lot more than $150 when customs rip you off, I sent a computer a few years ago and was hit for 5000 baht. If you have no luck with rentals consider buying a s/h one then resell it before you leave, may cost you next to nothing.

Never heard of renting laptops and would be worried about crap on there, plus if there were such a thing the rent would probably add up to the cost of a new netbook over four months. Second hand not worth the effort unless perhaps you find a decent one in Classifieds. As previous, best off getting something like an Asus eee for around 10-11k and then taking it home with you as a backup. You could always sell it back to the shop after for minimal loss.

2nd hand could easily cost more than new and give you a lot of headaches with repairs. I bought an acer dual core with 3gig ram for 13,000thb......loaded with free pirate stuff at pantip.

My son bought an Acer 1 month ago, it's dead already.

Hmm... I'm not too sure about buying one outright, I already have a very capable one back home...

You sure there's no electronics rentals? I know there's a chain back home called RadioRentals, something like that would be perfect!

No laptop rentals in CM. Not even sure about BKK - I'd think you can't rent one but a friendly expat here might lend you one.

Come to think of it, how much would you be willing to pay for the rental? I have an old laptop sitting around that does nothing. It's a 4 year old top of the range model from Acer, keeps up pretty well with windows (cost $3000 back then, Acer isn't selling the 8000 series anymore AFAIK). If I sold the laptop I'd get maybe 10k baht, probably less even, so not worth it, I'd rather keep it as a debugging machine.

You'd be best to buy a cheap netbook or something and sell it later. The amount you'd lose would be less than renting one, if renting one is possible which I highly doubt it is. About the guy that said the Acer died within 1 month, I am sure it has a 1 year warranty anyways so people buying it from you with 8 months remaining warranty will also have no concerns. I'd buy the Asus anyways, not an Acer. I think there is a big difference in quality from what I have heard, and the price isn't so different.