Baby Starves To Death After Mother Kills Hersself

george

Baby starves to death after mother kills herself

PATHUM THANI: -- A woman has died in an apparent suicide after fighting with her husband, and leaving her one-month-old son to starve to death in Pathum Thani’s Klong Luang district, police said yesterday.

The body of Pathumthip Suwanpinit, 38, was found yesterday in a ditch 100 metres from her home with an empty bottle of insecticide at her side, said Lt-Colonel Rojanarit Rojanawisawakam of Klong Luang police station.

The body of her baby boy was nearby, covered with insect bites, the officer said.

Pathumthip had died more than 48 hours before being found. The baby had been dead for only about six hours.

The police suspect she drank the insecticide and left her boy in hope that someone would later rescue him. However, the location was rarely passed or visited and the baby had starved to death.

The woman’s husband of three years, Suchin Netthong, 41, told police Pathumthip had left home with the baby on Friday evening, after they had a fight. He assumed she had gone to stay with relatives, but yesterday morning he smelled something foul and discovered the bodies.

Pathumthip’s brother, Attapol Suwanpinit, 41, said the couple often fought because of Suchin’s heavy drinking.

Suchin had often threatened to take the baby away during their disputes and she regularly took the child and stayed with relatives. Attapol said this might have driven her to commit suicide.

--The Nation 2005-06-13

How about the authorities charging the ****hole of a husband as being an accessory - he is probably the main reason behind this very unfortunate episode which has taken 2 lives while he will continue to be a drunken bum and who will abuse the next poor unfortunate women who comes into his life.

How about the authorities charging the ****hole of a husband as being an accessory - he is probably the main reason behind this very unfortunate episode which has taken 2 lives while he will continue to be a drunken bum and who will abuse the next poor unfortunate women who comes into his life.

I get the feeling Thai police don't care to much if a husband is an abusive drunk. :o

Why is it when it comes to men and the attaining of love by a thai girl, it seems that everything else is forgotten?

In this case its disheartening that a defenceless baby paid the price for romance gone wrong.

The love she would have received from this child would have been many times more fulfilling than the love she lost from some guy!

Baby starves to death after mother kills herself

Suchin had often threatened to take the baby away during their disputes and she regularly took the child and stayed with relatives. Attapol said this might have driven her to commit suicide.

--The Nation 2005-06-13

Another one of those sad matrimonial affairs that gone bad. :D

"Attapol said this might have driven her to commit suicide." could this guy be a wife beater too?. :o

I feel sad for the mother that she felt that she could not live with her baby and my belief is that she wanted the baby to live.

The unfortunate thing is that if she had managed to leave the baby with a releative then he would be alive and she would have been happy with that.

If she was a believer in Buddhism she would know that comitting suicide is one of the worst thing she could do to herself.

I have a good friend who has similar problems with her husband and has left him and taken her daughter and is moving around Thailand staying with friends as she feels safer than staying at her home.

I don't think that she would try to kill herself but she is very frightened of her husband.

I wonder when the community as a whole will stand up against the abuse of women? It seems to me wife beating is all to common through out Asia. People just think it's none of their business until it happens to them or some one they love.