Thaksin's Vendetta Is Wrecking The Country

webfact

Who is so naive to believe that Thaksin's "vendetta" is ruining the country?

The rural poor are uneducated, but they are not stupid.

Among their leaders are many university educated intellectuals.

Unlike many modern nations, Thailand has ignored its poor.

The demonstrations are a consequence of that.

Their voice cannot be ignored forever.

There have been negotiations for a ceasefire, but tonight the supporters at Ratchaprasong booed the leaders.

They might not be stupid, but they are completely brainwashed with the vile BS been served to them for the past two months and longer since. In the meantime the activities of the reds are pushing the residents of the city further and further away from any compromise with them.

That "sitting on the tiger's back" phrase sounds very apt right now.

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

He was in Paris last Saturday, in a Louis Vioutton shop buying his daughter an expensive handbag while his followers were on the streets.

What about his boast 'to come back when the first bullet is fired'?post-55921-1274145786_thumb.jpg

Who told you that this photo was made last Sunday ? Do you belive him? Have you ever been in Paris LV shop? Are you shure that on picture is the same shop???

I am deeply convinced, that this is anti-Thaksin propaganda.

I fail to understand why the Thai government have not done everything possible to have an international arrest warrant put out by Interpol for the arrest of Thaksin and the red leaders who have recently fled Thailand. Can anyone help me out here? Why has this not been done? Is it a complex legal procedure?

Thai government is not legitimate and came to power by military coup. (you remember 2008, when Suvarnabhumi was blocked by "mercenaries" of jellow-shirts?)

Corruption in Thailand is normal. Thaksin was overthrown by political motives.

Right Vindie... Try pulling any of the crap these zombies have in any other major city in the world and see how quickly the respective governments would break out the big guns. The problem with Thailand is they waited too long. This shi*t would have been mopped up in 72 hours in the USA, and the death toll would have been directly related to how many idiots chose to stick around after the authorities had given the order to disburse or face the consequences.

Hi Yeeoww.....

Your statement about the US is a complete fabrication.

You cannot name one respected instance in US history where protester's who were peacefully assembled were subject to being shot at and murdered by the US government. Even in the most emotional protests against the US war in Vietnam, when 100s of thousands came to Washington DC and camped out on the mall, there was virtually no violence.

The problem is Thailand is just the opposite. The people cannot assemble peacefully without being murdered. They cannot voice their opinion without their TV stations being shut down. They cannot speak out against social injustice without fear of arrest. They cannot even peacefully assemble on public fields without fear of arrest.

Anyone who says the US would "crack down" on something like this is completely wrong. In the US, citizens have a birth right to assemble peacefully. They can have their own TV stations, new papers, web sites, full freedom to assemble and to protest and to express themselves. In Thailand, the citizens to not have these basic rights, especially the rural poor.

When read these threads and post, I am truly amazed at misinformation and lies posted here. In the US, what is happening in Thailand would never happen because in the US, when you cast your vote at the polls, the military does not kick out the winner just because the elite do not agree with the results. In the US, there is a working form of democracy and the bulk of the power is with the people. Not in Thailand. The power is in guns and murder of people who protest. You can easily witness this is the streets of Bangkok today.

"not one respected instance in US history",.. ahem... just had the 40th anniversary of a beauty,... "Kent State University Massacre" May 4th 1970. Ohio State National Guard opened fire on a group of peacefully protesting anti-Vietnam war university students killing 4 and wounding in 13 seconds with 67 rounds. http://history1900s.about.com/od/1970s/qt/kentstate.htm

Over 4 million students across the US subsequently went on strike to express their disgust at this sickening event.

No inquiry was every conducted,.. nobody charged,.. and the then President Tricky Dicky Nixon was quoted off record as saying words to the effect of "that's too bad,..but probably serves the commie loving bastards right anyway"

Now with that out of the way lets not even start talking about Sept 11 2001. Then digging even deeper over the previous century or two I'm sure they're would be a few other doozies in there. If you're a US citizen you must be young... and they must be teaching crap for history classes these days!

...oh yeah...and in case you think I'm just picking on the US for the heck of it,.. we should also take a look at the Australian government's complicity in the cold blooded murders of 35 Australian citizens in 1996 which was blamed on a 29 year old retard with virtually zero dexterity skills and the mental capacity of a 12 year old,.. which then paved the way for the introduction of massive gun control and the shredding of thousands of semi-automatic weapons in what has since been referred to as the "disarming of Australia". I'll stop there but you may wish to check out the alarming facts here http://members.iimetro.com.au/~hubbca/port_arthur.htm

My point,... all governments are evil in some way shape or form. None the less of them being the US who are shaping up very well for a prime spot in the new world order (look it up).

I think that if anyone has a crack at leading Thailand out of the mess it has dug itself into over the past 20 years or so then Abhisit is a good candidate. Replacing him with someone else whether toxin or other could be even worse. It's the same old story.... the devil you know versus the devil you don't.

Slavery was abolished in Thailand only around 100 years ago. The Thai elite enslaved their own people for hundreds of years.

So what? It is ended long ago (same goes for USA btw).

The rural poor in Thailand still live much like slaves, except maybe worse in some cases. They don't drive Mercedes Benz and they don't by goods at Siam Paragon.

I dont ever seen someone is BANNED from shopping in Paragon just because they are from Issann. Can you point me to any trustable example pls?

However, they are permitted to wash the master's Mercedes and clean the floors in Siam Paragon.

Yes, they are. And yes - there will be ALWAYS someone washing your car.

It is a free position for you, for me - or for Thaksin or Abhi, for ANYONE who is not able to do something more than just that. For me, I am able to do something more than wash a car. The same goes for T and A....

If you can't make your way to drive your own Benz, but only able to wash it for someone's tip (and you're HAPPY of being in only this - because of lack of your own ego, ambitions and wills!) - so be it. Or you wanna tell me that there in US noone washing Benz'es? Visiting there, I've seen some children washing a cars while on traffic jam or red light...Why dont you worry them?

They certainly can't protest there without being murdered in the streets.

OMG......Please, STOP your idiocities. I am sick of LOLs readin'em.

Thai government is not legitimate and came to power by military coup. (you remember 2008, when Suvarnabhumi was blocked by "mercenaries" of jellow-shirts?)

OMG, here we go again - yet another spin of this endless flame...a rainforcement of red-shirted newbies has arrived..... :)

Do you actually know why a father and mother from the rural provinces send their children to work as sex slaves in other provinces?

Probably we don't know and never will and you won't either.

It could be that the father likes to drink or the mother gambles.

It could be because they liked the neighbor's new TV bought by the neighbors' daughter in Bangkok.

It could be naivety when dealing with agents recruiting "waitresses".

It could be a host of complex reasons with the only link to poverty being the paucity of the parents thinking and that in turn could be brought about by a host of things.

Back on topic, the reality seems to be that a corrupt PM saw political value in spending a fraction of his ill-gotten gains on some rural schemes to influence the majority rural votes.

Good politics and NOT goodwill.

He like many before and those since have not been able to solve the roots level issue of village heads controlling wealth to their benefit. It has not been truly a Bangkok issue even if in a land with longer history of democracy that might be where it could be solved to some extent. To blame Abhisit now is just an arrow in the bow of those wishing for even more corruption and pushing an agenda. I honestly believe Thaksin is just another arrow in that bow and that he might be being played along as well as his rural devotees.

But what do I know ? 43 years here and I understand less and less.

Edited by petercool

I challenge you to name one lawful event in US history where protesters were murdered in the streets. There are none.

Ever heard about Kent State University?

There is always someone isn't there. I suppose to be fair the answer is partially correct. The National Guard of Ohio however, it was the National Guard of the State and not acting on the direct orders of the Federal Government. Partially correct as i said because although it was never litigated the inquiry found "The President's Commission on Campus Unrest avoided probing the question regarding why the shootings happened. Instead, it harshly criticized both the protesters and the Guardsmen, but it concluded that "the indiscriminate firing of rifles into a crowd of students and the deaths that followed were unnecessary, unwarranted, and inexcusable."

There were a total of 67 shots over a 13 second period leaving 4 dead and others injured. In 1970 when Nixon was President.

I don't think it is quite the same as a planned attack on people protesting. Clearly there is a difference between the 2.

There were a total of 67 shots over a 13 second period leaving 4 dead and others injured. In 1970 when Nixon was President.

I don't think it is quite the same as a planned attack on people protesting. Clearly there is a difference between the 2.

Apart from being a silly comparison between such widely diverse countries, no army here has fired wildly into crowds recently and where ever did you read/see a "planned" attack apart from armed gangs against unarmed troops with shields and batons in the first real confrontation ? And apart from the petrol truck attacks and blocking rail lines, and looting shops and burning tires and buildings and firing grenades on so many occasions ?

Right Vindie... Try pulling any of the crap these zombies have in any other major city in the world and see how quickly the respective governments would break out the big guns. The problem with Thailand is they waited too long. This shi*t would have been mopped up in 72 hours in the USA, and the death toll would have been directly related to how many idiots chose to stick around after the authorities had given the order to disburse or face the consequences.

Hi Yeeoww.....

Your statement about the US is a complete fabrication.

You cannot name one respected instance in US history where protester's who were peacefully assembled were subject to being shot at and murdered by the US government. Even in the most emotional protests against the US war in Vietnam, when 100s of thousands came to Washington DC and camped out on the mall, there was virtually no violence.

The problem is Thailand is just the opposite. The people cannot assemble peacefully without being murdered. They cannot voice their opinion without their TV stations being shut down. They cannot speak out against social injustice without fear of arrest. They cannot even peacefully assemble on public fields without fear of arrest.

Anyone who says the US would "crack down" on something like this is completely wrong. In the US, citizens have a birth right to assemble peacefully. They can have their own TV stations, new papers, web sites, full freedom to assemble and to protest and to express themselves. In Thailand, the citizens to not have these basic rights, especially the rural poor.

When read these threads and post, I am truly amazed at misinformation and lies posted here. In the US, what is happening in Thailand would never happen because in the US, when you cast your vote at the polls, the military does not kick out the winner just because the elite do not agree with the results. In the US, there is a working form of democracy and the bulk of the power is with the people. Not in Thailand. The power is in guns and murder of people who protest. You can easily witness this in the streets of Bangkok today.

I challenge you to name one lawful event in US history where protesters were murdered in the streets. There are none.

have a sort threw this lot-see what you can find:

* Robert Charles Riot in New Orleans, LA, 1900

* Anti-Semitic Riot or Jacob Joseph Riot in New York City, 1902

* Bloomington Race Riot, IN, 1903

* Atlanta Race Riot, 1906

* Springfield Race Right, IL, 1908

* East St. Louis Riot, 1917

* Houston Race Riot, 1917

* May Day Riot in Cleveland, 1919

* Red Summer of 1919

* Tulsa Race Riot, 1921

* Anti-Filipino Riots, California, 1927-1930

* Chicago Rent Strike Riot, 1931

* American Nazi Riot, New York City, 1934

* Harlem Race Riot, 1935

* Zoot Suit Riots, Los Angeles, 1943

* Airport Homes Race Riots, Chicago, 1946

* Peekskill Riot or the Paul Robeson Riot, NY 1949

* Cicero Riot, Cicero, IL, 1951

* El Cajon Boulevard Riot or the Drag Strip Riot, San Diego, CA, 1960

* HUAC Riot, San Francisco, CA, 1960

* Ole Miss Integration Riot, 1962

* Cambridge Race Riot, MD, 1963

* Philadelphia Race Riot, 1964

* Rochester Race Riot, 1964

* Harlem Race Riot, 1964

* New Jersey Race Riots, 1964

* Watts Riots, Los Angeles, 1965

* Division Street Riot, Chicago, 1966

* Compton's Cafeteria Riot, San Francisco, 1966

* H. Rap Brown Riot, Cambridge, MD, 1967

* Detroit Race Riot, 1967

* North Minneapolis Race Riot, 1967

* Tampa Race Riots, 1967

* Newark and Plainfield Race Riots, 1967

* Memphis Race Riot, 1967

* Durham Race Riot, NC, 1967

* Dow Riots, Madison, WI, 1967

* Over 100 Race Riots across the country after the assassination of the Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. in 1968

* Stonewall Riot, New York City, 1969

* Chicano Moratorium Riot, Los Angeles, 1970

* Hard Hat Riot, New York City, 1970

* Attica Prison Riot, 1971

* Escambia High School Race Riot, Pensacola, FL, 1976

* New York City Blackout Riot, 1977

* White Night Riot, San Francisco, 1979

* New Mexico State Penitentiary Riot, 1980

* Aggieville Riots, Manhattan, KA, 1984 and 1986

* Tampa Race Riots, 1987

* Atlanta Prison Riots, 1987

* Tompkins Square Park Police Riot, New York City, 1988

* Guns N' Roses Riverport Riot, Maryland Heights, MO, 1991

* Crown Heights Race Riot, Brooklyn, 1991

* The LA Riots or the Rodney King Riots, 1992

* Chicago Bulls NBA Championship Riot, 1993

* St. Petersburg Race Riot, FL, 1996

* The Boulder Beer Riot, Boulder, CO, 1997

* Woodstock '99 Riot

* The WTO Riots, Seattle, WA, 1999

I am not going to bother looking up any of these incidents. The question that was asked was name one incident of legitimate protest where the US government shot protesters. I don't therefore see how things that are described as "race riots" can be legitimate protests.

The closest thing to it is the Kent University massacre. Though i have commented on that in another post as not really comparable to what is happening in Thailand.

Having said all this i think both sides have talked themselves out of resolving this matter and avoiding bloodshed. This talk of actions by other governments takes us nowhere. Most so called democratic governments have suppressed protest with bloodshed over the years. Great Britain The Mother of Parliaments has it's own bloody history but has got through it. Have far you want to go back Peterloo Massacre, The gunning down of protesters in India when under British Rule. It was the british that invented concentration camps Where does it take us it doesn't solve the problem in Thailand which is far more pressing then any analysis of alleged shootings in the US !

I am not going to bother looking up any of these incidents. The question that was asked was name one incident of legitimate protest where the US government shot protesters. I don't therefore see how things that are described as "race riots" can be legitimate protests.

:invents imaginary new criteria under which acts of protest aren't legitimate and therefore punishable by death:

they backed him into a corner..

using any dirty underhand method they could use..

what is he supposed to do???

Retire, as he promised to do at least three times, on a couple billion dollars. Could have made a nice life for himself; now he will die a tired, sick old man.

Or worse...

Spot on.

A feeding frenzy:

Most, if not all, elite, army, police, politicians, and business owners FEED off of Thailand. Few give anything back unless they are practically guaranteed significant financial rewards. It remains a constant that every faction wants more and more of the “blood” of Thailand. Most do not contribute to the Thai society or the poor (who have absolutely no power/representation). Most feeders do not contribute to something as basic as paying taxes. The red shirts (blood colored) boss was convicted of this and much more. It is like animals swarming over the carcass of a defenseless, dying, or dead source of economic nourishment. They push, shove, bite for more of what they seek i.e. more money/power. Regardless of who is pushed back of the FEEDING dish the battle continues, and the efforts to gain ground toward a more vital part of the carcass will continue if there is little/no law, consequences and corruption is the norm.

Its offensive to see photos of him and his family living the luxury life and buying brand name overpriced bags whilst Bangkok is on the brink of civil war, knowing that he is the one behind the red shirt movement. Too many lives have been lost because of this man and all he wants to do is shop.

What should he do instead of shopping?He is the one who tried to take away the power from royalists,military,and bkk elite,exactly those 3 groups who sacked him,with the use of force and installed a government what is royalist,military and bkk elite friendly.Exactly those 3 groups who now try to keep the power by using force again,so if u were Thaksin u would do what,i don't say he is a good guy,but blaming all on him i think is a bit to much

Its offensive to see photos of him and his family living the luxury life and buying brand name overpriced bags whilst Bangkok is on the brink of civil war, knowing that he is the one behind the red shirt movement. Too many lives have been lost because of this man and all he wants to do is shop.

What should he do instead of shopping?He is the one who tried to take away the power from royalists,military,and bkk elite,exactly those 3 groups who sacked him,with the use of force and installed a government what is royalist,military and bkk elite friendly.Exactly those 3 groups who now try to keep the power by using force again,so if u were Thaksin u would do what,i don't say he is a good guy,but blaming all on him i think is a bit to much

Your comment is "a bit much". Defending a terrorist leader's "right to shop!" :)

Oh but you do, you do.

You bow to this elitist financial promoter of rioting.

Your comment is "a bit much". Defending a terrorist leader's "right to shop!" :)

i don't defend him,but seriously,what should he do?Besides that i think asians have a different feeling for what is ok or not ok in certain situations

i don't defend him,but seriously,what should he do?Besides that i think asians have a different feeling for what is ok or not ok in certain situations

This is what you defend:

'There are incidents where firefighters have been shot at to prevent them from putting out fire' /via @tulsathit

Drivel.

This is what you think is Ok:

Urgent: People are stuck in the Channel 3 Building and crying out for help.

Return to his country, accept his jailterm...this alone would have avoided all this.

But he is a coward, a criminal on the run and his vendetta is to destroy the system which caught him.

What we are witnessing is the death of Thaksin's influence in Thailand, one burned building at a time. He has just assured that PTP will lose in a landslide, Newin's party will pick up 100 seats at least, and the Dem, BJT party will be in charge for the forseeable future. Their petty squabbles will seem like happy paradise compaired to the anarchy, death and destruction Thaksin and his ilk have wrought. May they all burn.

What we are witnessing is the death of Thaksin's influence in Thailand, one burned building at a time. He has just assured that PTP will lose in a landslide, Newin's party will pick up 100 seats at least, and the Dem, BJT party will be in charge for the forseeable future. Their petty squabbles will seem like happy paradise compaired to the anarchy, death and destruction Thaksin and his ilk have wrought. May they all burn.

Yes it is Thaksin who has the blood on his hands now.

Oh but you do, you do.

You bow to this elitist financial promoter of rioting.

Hmm I also don't bow,he is sure not a good guy,but I don't think it is ok to blame all on him,besides that he is not the guy who gives the order to use live bullets to shoot into the crowds,also I think with the red shirts it is not all about thaksin,that thing got his own dynamic already

The United States will not allow Cambodia to invade Thailand and you can take that to the bank. Taksin's soft coup failed when the money spigot was turned off. What I am concerned about, among many other things, is this distraction is allowing the current govt. officials to steal while no one's watching. The press is distracted as are the NGOs and the courts will be busy for years with all the claims. Forget about prosecuting the Yellows, the Reds have passed them and left them in the dust. The reds have set the country, and by extension, the country folk back a decade and caused social rifts that will last generations.

The US interfering under former presidents?

Maybe!

Under Obama?

Forget it!

The US is not the policeman of the world any more.

Indeed, I shudder what may be the outcome of these troubles.

A second Birma?

A country down the drain?

Civil war?

Or maybe, hopefully, everybody will come to his or her senses, and will see this is not the way.

Poor Thai people!

Edited by hansnl

Now watch the 'red shirts' thugs, scumbags and criminals loot and steal. Thaksin has created a monster and now it has a mind of its own

... opened the literal "can of worms" - Pandora's box wide open!