Something New Afoot

Gonzo the Face

Not trying to be too controversial, but

I am in Chiang Mai and I have seen this morning, in Chiang Mai, 3 different silors, at different times , and also 1 tuk tuk , flying not the red flags, but the Thai Flag and a yellow flag.....

Is there some new thing happening ????

Edited by Gonzo the Face

1. What is a silor?
  2. Thai's always fly their countries flag.
  3. Nothing new that I'm aware of

Silor -'s 4 wheels....... like a skateboard

but round these parts its something like a red pick up truck with a camper on the back [but no cooking inside]

Edited by Gonzo the Face

1. What is a silor?

but round these parts its something like a red pick up truck with a camper on the back [but no cooking inside]

I have seen them with cooking going on inside at times :)

1. What is a silor?

i know them as rot deang

Flying the Thai and the yellow flag (the Kings color) shows support of the government and especially the King - the tide is turning against the red terrorists - many Thai's want the government to put a quick end to the anarchy caused by the reds

Flying the Thai and the yellow flag (the Kings color) shows support of the government and especially the King - the tide is turning against the red terrorists - many Thai's want the government to put a quick end to the anarchy caused by the reds

Be careful with mentioning the above in the same sentence, as the Mod's have suspended me once for my views. It a very touchy subject to Thai's and even Expat's whom have been here for sometime and call Thailand home. Lot of pressure on Thai Visa in regards to this and we do not wish the Thai Government to block this site as well... :)

Yet I agree the tide is starting to turn, as the money taps have mostly been turned off. We may see some settling down over the next month or 2. Unfortunately the whole saga may drag on for many years due to one man's vendetta. See the Nation's acticle in headlines on this site- pretty much somes up the Taksin vendetta.

It just so happens one Red leader had 100 MIO deposited into his account- Ohh who from..... He has been flaunting his new found wealth at the wrong time I suspect.

1. What is a silor?

i know them as rot deang

Songthaew (Thai สองแถว) Baht bus

Certainly seen more red ribbon around in the last couple of days.

While this rift may end or at least simmer, I would beg to differ as to whether anarchy ends...

Has not this been how Thailand manages day to day? People come to Thailand b/c basically you can do anything you want here and get away with it and not deal with the law (in the sense of law and order)..You just have to deal with pissed off people, maybe police kickbacks and we know how some handle that!

Mai bpen rai, running red lights and settling disputes by the gun will soon be the way of life again...

CB

Had to register a new bike this week at Trans Dept. The folks there where very nice to this farang even spoke English !

I notice and feel a slight change in attitude. I feel the Thais in CM are sad at what is going down in BKK. This can be expected. The CM Thai folks only want to support their families in peace. The madness in BKK is not good for Thai people.

I stopped going to Lotus and now buy my food supplies from the street vendors and local stores. Don't know if this helps but I feel better. They are victims of a political system as we all are.

There was a red-stage in front of the railway station this afternoon. Furthermore, same same as always ... well except that my car has been totally f****d up caused by the 'great' talents of the aircon man which resulted in burned parts and all. :)k020.gifs045.gif

To me it does seem that there is a little change in the overalll attitude of locals...

Just a week or two ago, as you watched the street, almost every one of the redbusses and tuktuks had a red flag , large or small, or at least a red rag or a red ribbon tied on somewhere.... I would guess about 90 %...

Now considerably less.... and as I said even some yellows...... which were not evident just a short period ago.

I think the violence , which seems to grow on itself, as is going on in Bkk, has opened the eyes of some people with how far this has come from protesting.

Edited by Gonzo the Face