Watching Ubc On Pc

mr buffalo

I want to be able to watch UBC on my TV in my bedroom and also sometimes on my PC in my living room. How can I achieve this ? Presumably some sort of capture card needed ? Is it difficult to do ?

There was a recent thread about this:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=36486

Pinnacle cards are popular in thailand and easily available, though I've never use this card before. Any generic card with a Bt848 chipset works great. Always dice the software they give you with it. :o

On the software side, dscaler is easily the best program available, you can download it free from:

DScaler

To capture and record, use VirtualDub with a codec like huffy and encode to the format of your choice.

I do it somewhat different.

I have a 2.4ghz wireless video/audio extender (bought from Pantip) - this sends a signal from my UBC box's out ports to my PC's video and line in jacks (I have a gfx card that has native Video in/out).

Works fine. Even hacked a cool remote control method (vnc into my PDA running tvremote software & change channel via IR :o)

P

If you want it simple, get another subscription point (only a small added montly fee) in your living room. Then, depending on your setup (digital or analog), you will need to buy an AV-in card (digital) or TV tuner card (digital/analog). You can find both for fairly cheap, around 1000-2000 baht. The reason for the different card is that the digital systems output via RCA (ie, the connector between your VCR and TV) while analog systems output via a TV antenna cable.

I do it somewhat different.

I have a 2.4ghz wireless video/audio extender (bought from Pantip) - this sends a signal from my UBC box's out ports to my PC's video and line in jacks (I have a gfx card that has native Video in/out).

Works fine. Even hacked a cool remote control method (vnc into my PDA running tvremote software & change channel via IR :o)

P

How much do wireless video audio extenders go for in pantip?