Red-Shirt Leaders Turn Themselves In At National Police Office

webfact

fair trial? who is going to put the Thai govt on trial for killing the protesters?!!?

I am happy those leaders came to their senses and did the right thing, both for their own followers and the other people of Thailand. I hope they get a fair trial and sentence.

• Replies 533
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SKY: Thai army declares end to operation against protesters, says troops are in control of capital http://bit.ly/902hB1

Have the Thai army got Mr Bean assessing the situation? In control of the capital? LOL! The Reds haven't even started their fight yet. End the operation? Why? Do the army think they've won because they've arrested some key Red leaders? Do they think the Reds only listen to these leaders in custody? They still don't know the Reds are fighting for a cause. How blind can a government and the Yellow movement be?

You so right this is a cause.

I seriously doubt that this crackdown or arrests will end anything. Central World reportedly on fire. So is Century Park Hotel. Here are some photos of Ubon: http://memock.wordpress.com/ a while ago. Khon Khaen riots in the streets. As well as Chiang Mai. Government building burning in Udon Thani.

Its a good start.

For civil war ?

Something any new prime minister should be proud of .... starting up a civil war.

Way to go Abhisit :)

Bravo Khun Abhisit for finally putting an end to the illegal occupation of Bangkok by a small group of terrorists. Send the red sheep home, charge the leaders with treason and lock them up for life.

SKY: Thai army declares end to operation against protesters, says troops are in control of capital http://bit.ly/902hB1

Have the Thai army got Mr Bean assessing the situation? In control of the capital? LOL! The Reds haven't even started their fight yet. End the operation? Why? Do the army think they've won because they've arrested some key Red leaders? Do they think the Reds only listen to these leaders in custody? They still don't know the Reds are fighting for a cause. How blind can a government and the Yellow movement be?

Half the city is burning. Riots and shooting everywhere. Has anyone noticed that the women and children are still at Rajprasong? CNN reported shooting still going on there. But it's great news to see the army is back in control of the capital. :)

And you think that funny ,do you ?

Most people do not consider being stupid and moronic , as a cause....

How can someone who suposeely sees the light be so in the dark.....

As long as Red Shirt Paramount Leader Thaksin is still at large, you can't say it's over. This guy won't stop unless he is dead.

They probably need him alive so he can tell them where all his money is stashed in order to seize it

This is the end for the RED.

This is the end for Thaksin.

This is the end for TRT/PPP/PT.

This is the end of Thai democracy fight.

Last to leave, don't forget to turn off the lights.

You're naive if you think that.

This is the start not the end.

He called for the reds to start dispersing and leaving the rally site via routes leading to the National Stadium, where the government had busses waiting to take them home.
It ain't over till the fat lady sings !!!

There are a lot of very unhappy Thai people now.

I wonder what will happen next.

Well, for one thing...Udon Thani Provincial Hall is on fire.

Pictures from Ubon Ratchathani, about 1 hour ago:

(Courtesy of http://memock.wordpress.com/ )

ubon-protest.jpg

ubon-protest-2.jpg

ubon-protest-3.jpg

ubon-protest-5.jpg

ubon-protest-10.jpg

Out Jaengwhattana way we are seeing a number of black smoke fires outside of BKK (we have a 25 km view on all directions). Some small some not. One out near the Airforce base past Don Meuang. A couple to the east and north-east of the city. A big one somewhere along the Chao Phaya river about 4km south of here (image1). The cloud over BKK is a bit larger than usual (image 2). These fires eventually burn out so must just be tires. (end of rally?)

post-102665-1274255290_thumb.jpg post-102665-1274255301_thumb.jpg

The Thaksin cause.

Half the city is burning. Riots and shooting everywhere. Has anyone noticed that the women and children are still at Rajprasong? CNN reported shooting still going on there. But it's great news to see the army is back in control of the capital. :)

And you think that funny ,do you ?

Yes, I think it's funny that the army believes they are back in control. Everything else, not funny at all.

All the reds: time to shut up now you terrorists losers,

An attitude like that (on both sides) is what led to all this chaos in the first place. Good will towards the seemingly deafeated enemy is what we need. If the "winners" don't reach out to the "losers" right now and instead prefer to beat on the Reds while they are down, this circle of violence will soon start over. Jail all radical leaders, especially the ones now on the run, push ahead with the yellow's trials as well to signal people that double standards are no longer tolerated, involve the red leaders that have some sense in them in the reconciliation process and treat them as equals in as much as possible.

If even for the moderates the only choices are jail for life or taking the fight underground for Thaksin there wont be any progress. There has to be an open door for anyone (yellwo or red) who honestly wants to make a joined effort for Thailands future without stirring up hate.

That would be my recipe for Thailand's future. The time of the hardliners on both sides is over, unless we want to see this repeated very soon.

"Please heed my call for an end to the rally so that we can continue fighting to advance democracy for the future," he said.

PRICELESS quote......continue fighting to advance democracy, yeah right. PATHETIC attempt. next?

Funnier still, this government boycotted an election, most probably will get caught out for electoral fraud shortly, are responsible for killing dozens of unarmed protesters and unarmed foriegn reporters, muzzle the media, got into power via a parlimentary deal rather then through elections , and only because the opposition was disqualified for a cooking show. And the most ironic thing of all, is that these people call themselves the DEMOCRATS !

At least the foriegn media for the most part knows that this goverment is full of sh## , pity some of the expats are still clueless though.

Well said!

I'm trying to follow this, but all the place-names in use are confusing to me. If someone would post a little glossary of all the names for places and explain which names are really the same as others just a larger or smaller area it would really help me out, and I think others too -- I can't really tell how many different protest sites there are, or were. I gather at least 2, one in the Bangkok business district and one near a Bangkok University, but then someone said something that makes me think there are protests going on outside of Bangkok too.

I seriously doubt that this crackdown or arrests will end anything. Central World reportedly on fire. So is Century Park Hotel. Here are some photos of Ubon: http://memock.wordpress.com/ a while ago. Khon Khaen riots in the streets. As well as Chiang Mai. Government building burning in Udon Thani.

Its a good start.

For civil war ?

Something any new prime minister should be proud of .... starting up a civil war.

No, for defeating the reds.

It was the reds who argued for civil/class war.

the perfume of defeat will put out your flames.

You can dream of further civil war, but its all downhill from now.

Star Wars it ain't.

"Please heed my call for an end to the rally so that we can continue fighting to advance democracy for the future," he said.

PRICELESS quote......continue fighting to advance democracy, yeah right. PATHETIC attempt. next?

Funnier still, this government boycotted an election, most probably will get caught out for electoral fraud shortly, are responsible for killing dozens of unarmed protesters and unarmed foriegn reporters, muzzle the media, got into power via a parlimentary deal rather then through elections , and only because the opposition was disqualified for a cooking show. And the most ironic thing of all, is that these people call themselves the DEMOCRATS !

At least the foriegn media for the most part knows that this goverment is full of sh## , pity some of the expats are still clueless though.

Yep!

The authorities must be kidding themselves. Did they never went to university? Did they never demonstrate themselves? Protest became in my time most violent when leaders gave up. Certain things never change. I expect an orgy of violence in the next few days. After that they have to wait for the elections in 6 months or 15 months time to get the last laugh themselves.

The present government haven't got a clue. I bet Abhisit wished he called for fresh elections earlier now. But no, the ruling elite pulled his strings so they could live the high life for a bit longer. Instead, Abhisit's got blood on his hands now and he's responsible for starting a civil war. Nice one Mark! You’re not the nice guy Thai people saw you as, are you?

It ain't over till the fat lady sings !!!

There are a lot of very unhappy Thai people now.

I wonder what will happen next.

There will be a cooling down period with a fresh round of elections. Many politicians will subsequently be found to have bribed the voters and they will be disqualified. the voters will be angry and the govt will be protested against with mass protests and andother round of urban warfare. the next round will be even more violent after teh lessona learned from teh previous attempt and the companies that sell the weapons to both sides will be happy to sell even more powerful arms. there will be assasinations by unknown professionals on major military and political figures at key times to fuel the tension on both sides. The army will be forced to use it's weapons against it citizens to quell the domestic instability.

Major trades in the stock market will be transacted during the crisis to take advantage of the instable market.

A few people will make a substantial amount of money and a couple of weapons companies will do very well too.

Look to see where the Elite invest their money to find out which external forces are fueling the instability.

Rinse and repeat.

Mate,go back to sleep and try again when you wake up

<<<<<<<flame snipped>>>>>

You say they have killed dozen of innocent unarmed protesters,thats a non starter really isnt it as i could mention all the attatcks previously on innocent bangkok civilians who is resposible for their deaths then ?

So Abhisit and Suthep are no longer responsible for their involvment in the deaths over the last few days because........ some other people were killed by someone else previously ?

Great, thanks for your input. :) Go back to sleep. :D

Its a good start.

For civil war ?

So easy for you to sit there in the comfort of your home and throw stones at the PM. Please tell us how you would have handled this situation if you were Prime Minister. This is a welcome challenge to all of you government bashers. Let us all know how you would have taken care of unruly mobs burning your city and infringing on all others civil rights.

Well said!

Still banging an old drum while your rioter mates are trying to put Bangkok workers out of their jobs.

Yes, it has been a class war.

The reds attack on the working class of Bangkok.

Courtesy of Thaksin.

Aren't these only part of the details ? Shouldn't we also mention what a hung parliament means ? To form government PP needed the support of small party and MPs of Newin Chidchob. Why did newin Chidchob defect from PPP support and took his MPs over to the democrats ? Because Thaksin's bankrolled PPP was taking instructions from him on who would be PM...after Samak, his brother in law Somchai was nomintaed, and after dubious airport seizure of airport by yellows Somchai had to exit too...Thakisn then arrogantly betrayed Newin and nominated the rogue Chalerm Yubamrung (remember his criminal sons and bar room shootings ?) to be next PM. That's when Newin defected and helped democrats form govt under the constitution that was voted by referendum earlier. Bizzare why Newin's name never surfaces while everyone charts the past events. Perfectly constitutional and perhaps unfair to label this as 'parliamentray deal'. Would you label current british PM as being in place due to an undemocratic parliamentary deal with lib dems rather than by being clearly elected ? I don't know the significance of the dissolution of PPP on the numbers of MPs. I have partial information too but I would not jump to painting the red cause and methods as purely democratic and ignore Thaksin's dubious role...while also calling current government as totally illegitimate.

This is perhaps the birth of democracy (hopefully) anda change of guard and system of governance....when was the press muzzled by this governmant as you say ?

I'm no fan of either shirt color, but let's not take sides unconditionally...

To come out with verbal sh1t like this you really must be an American!

Does anyone know what happened to the Yellow Shirt leaders, after they closed the airport in Dec 2008? I have not heard of any of them serving jail sentences right now (I could be wrong) if so, seems a bit unfair to me that they can close down the airport and get away scott free. Or could be something to do with the fact that their side came into government afterwards, so they escaped punishment?

It will be interesting to see what happens to the Red Shirt leaders

Thai justice is usually VERY slow.

But this may not be the case today.

A quite different set of circumstances.

Not defending the PAD actions, but pointing out that

the severity of their actions and method of their standing down,

was far surpassed for gravity by this last 2 months actions.

PAD will see their day in court, I have no doubts.

I guess they were worried about their life. I think they should have stayed outside a bit longer till people who are affected and angry get hold of them. If I was the government I would refuse to arrest them now and let them be free for a bit longer

O also I hope they are freed on bond and send out right away so people have their chance to answer the RED shirt demand. I believe in swift justice

I guess they were worried about their life. I think they should have stayed outside a bit longer till people who are affected and angry get hold of them. If I was the government I would refuse to arrest them now and let them be free for a bit longer

O also I hope they are freed on bond and send out right away so people have their chance to answer the RED shirt demand. I believe in swift justice

The Thaksin cause.

So even when the Red leaders have been arrested and the bank accounts of Thaksin and his cronies have been frozen, you still think they're ONLY fighting for Thaksin? OMG! How blind can these pro government people be?