Bangkok Gripped By Looting And Arson

george

I`m just wondering how Abhisit is going to look after this,as his handling of all this has been pretty inept if indeed he was in control, He has something in common with Thaksin as they are both on amnesty internationals human rights list.

I dunno, what could he have done better. It was either bow down to the protester's demand or kick them in the arse. How would you have played it?

Abhisit sure isn't going to look extremely good after this, but there's a precedent for improving one's image by launching a war on terror from the ashes of CentralWorld.

World Trade Center.

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The army should of stormed the scum weeks ago , that is the only criticism i have of Abhisit , he could of ended it earlier .

LOL you have no clue about what is really going on do you.

"Ended it earlier" it would have only started it sooner.

Hi Sgt Pepper; I guess I am a member of the "no Clue what is really going on" group too. Do you mean we had it coming anyway? Would all people who have died so far would also be dead if the army would have stepped in after day number 2? Oh and BTW may I mention it is not nice to say to people who are in your eyes clue less. I guess we are all trying to communicate with each other in order to understand, learn and maybe even contribute to these events so we can live our lives and be able to say what we feel. I always thought this forum was created for this. Wasn't that what democracy was about too (amongst other things too off course)

Just got back home from BKK so havent had time to read everything here but I do have some questions:

1/How do the red supporters justify the burning of buildings?

2/Is the burning of TV3 and threatning to burn the Bangkok Post the rede idea of freedom of the press?

3/How many woman and children were killed today by "a murderous Govt and Army that targets woman and children?"

4/How do you explain the paper circulated by the red leaders that showed soldiers killed by terrorists in the south in 2007 and labled as those shot by the Army for refusing to go against the reds?

5/ The fire brigade were shot at to prevent them putting out one of the fires, do you think this is a good thing?

There are quite a lot of other things that are puzzeling me but these will do for a start.

I just spoke to a red motorbike taxi - he said the 7/11 on the corner of Suk 65 would be bombed tonight....

I asked how they could justify what was happening. He told me that a pregnant girl was shot by the army today. I asked if he'd seen it. He said he hadn't.

He also mentioned that the troops on the street were from Myanmar and Cambodia.

I kept my mouth shut and left him to it.

Just got back home from BKK so havent had time to read everything here but I do have some questions:

1/How do the red supporters justify the burning of buildings?

2/Is the burning of TV3 and threatning to burn the Bangkok Post the rede idea of freedom of the press?

3/How many woman and children were killed today by "a murderous Govt and Army that targets woman and children?"

4/How do you explain the paper circulated by the red leaders that showed soldiers killed by terrorists in the south in 2007 and labled as those shot by the Army for refusing to go against the reds?

5/ The fire brigade were shot at to prevent them putting out one of the fires, do you think this is a good thing?

There are quite a lot of other things that are puzzeling me but these will do for a start.

I just spoke to a red motorbike taxi - he said the 7/11 on the corner of Suk 65 would be bombed tonight....

I asked how they could justify what was happening. He told me that a pregnant girl was shot by the army today. I asked if he'd seen it. He said he hadn't.

Dear Thaksin,

There is no pit in hel_l low enough for you. Your role in the suffering of Thailand will be a permanent stain on Thai history. A human travesty.

Yeah! All this for return of a passport and a fortune 90% of the world dont have. He's a criminal he should suffer the same fate as Seh Daeng!

I just heard 'from sources' that about 2,000 troops will be coming into the city. Troops loyal to Seh Dang. There may be a coup tonight. Blackout of Thai channels and CNN/BBC. Can anyone confirm this?

can't confirm it. can confirm reuters news source that they report Thaksin and bro Payap have terrorist charges against them. hope its true, time will tell.

Actually it started with Abhisit, who knew very well what would be the outcome of a harsh crackdown, yet insanly and irresponsibly proceeded with it.

Of course, blaming everything on Thaksin is the convinient excuse that relieves one of using the grey matter... as to the real cause of the problem.

There is some relief knowing that one day Abhisit will pay for his crimes behind bars.

I guess you must be a red shirt supporter, probably living somewhere in Esan listening to all the crap regurgitated by PTV. Was the government to do nothing? They gave the red shirts plenty of warnings and enough rope to hang themselves with. Thaksin has a hel_l of a lot to answer for. I hope that the government issue an Interpol arrest warrant on treason charges and bring him back to face a firing squad, but start shooting him in the ankles first and then all the way up to his squarehead. Total meglomaniac and probably insane. Doesn't give a dam_n about anyone else but himself. Absolute prick.

Whats even more worrying is comments like you.The country is in a mess now without stupid farang comments like yours.Maybe in years to come it will be the yellow and red farangs,so you have decided how you will kill the reds.Thaksin finaced this and his class 10 cadet buddies carried it out for simple "GREED"! It's a crime against humanity!!!

I just heard 'from sources' that about 2,000 troops will be coming into the city. Troops loyal to Seh Dang. There may be a coup tonight. Blackout of Thai channels and CNN/BBC. Can anyone confirm this?

Its no big secret the army is split.

Im willing to guess Seh Dangs men would have more will then the others, just dont know if they have the numbers.

well you posted the same thing three times so it must be true. There have been enough rumours without more from 'sources'.

I'll answer your question and say 'no' I can't confirm this.

There is absolutely no justification to shoot grenades, burn shopping malls, to burn MRT stations, to burn the 7/11 at the corner. That's not protest, that's terrorism.

If you know any of these people, please ask them to stop burning Thailand.

These reds never intended to peacefully protest or they would not have come armed with guns and grenade launchers. It is true there is class inequality in Thailand but fighting in Thaksin's army is hardly a step towards democracy and a better Thailand. These guys were hired lunatics who should have known this was coming.

Dear Thaksin,

There is no pit in hel_l low enough for you. Your role in the suffering of Thailand will be a permanent stain on Thai history. A human travesty.

I`m just wondering how Abhisit is going to look after this,as his handling of all this has been pretty inept if indeed he was in control, He has something in common with Thaksin as they are both on amnesty internationals human rights list.

Come on, Abhisit was never in control - even less the police - the army was always in complete control of the government if not the protesters. Abhisit wasn't even an advisor - just a figurehead.

Many people think the same as you, Abhisit is just a figure head and this government and previous Prime Ministers and governments are just there for appearence sake. Which brings me to the point of why has he who cannot be mentioned been so silent throughout this crisis? He who cannot be metioned who loves the counrty and the people has not said one word, zip zero, nothing, is prepared to watch people die and the capital city burn. This seems very strange to me. Most other people who can be mentioned, who hold similar positions from other countries would have made some statement on the conflict to try to bring about a peaceful resolution.

To the Mods. Sorry if this sails to close to the wind. I have tried to be a bit vague, not sure if I have been vague enough. But this is something that people have been talking about for sometime and and don't understand, both Thai and Farang.

QUOTE:

MY gf told me the same, when she left our neighborhood 2 days ago passing the military checkpoint, the soldiers did not spoke any thai, they were from Cambodia she said...

well you posted the same thing three times so it must be true. There have been enough rumours without more from 'sources'.

I'll answer your question and say 'no' I can't confirm this.

Sorry. There was a tech glitch.

Actually it started with Abhisit, who knew very well what would be the outcome of a harsh crackdown, yet insanly and irresponsibly proceeded with it.

Of course, blaming everything on Thaksin is the convinient excuse that relieves one of using the grey matter... as to the real cause of the problem.

There is some relief knowing that one day Abhisit will pay for his crimes behind bars.

I guess you must be a red shirt supporter, probably living somewhere in Esan listening to all the crap regurgitated by PTV. Was the government to do nothing? They gave the red shirts plenty of warnings and enough rope to hang themselves with. Thaksin has a hel_l of a lot to answer for. I hope that the government issue an Interpol arrest warrant on treason charges and bring him back to face a firing squad, but start shooting him in the ankles first and then all the way up to his squarehead. Total meglomaniac and probably insane. Doesn't give a dam_n about anyone else but himself. Absolute prick.

Whats even more worrying is comments like you.The country is in a mess now without stupid farang comments like yours.Maybe in years to come it will be the yellow and red farangs,so you have decided how you will kill the reds.

What a stupid post. You know very well that farangs have no say in what happens in this country so your comments are fatuous at best and idiotic at worst.

Dear Thaksin,

Do you have no shame? can you not see what one mans greed can do to your fellow Thai?..

..the red shirts? i wouldnt trust them to run a piss up in a brewery.

Dear Snakehips

You have it all wrong, I had nothing to do with it, in fact I told them on many occasions to go home

If you allow me to return to Thailand I will fix all the problems and you will have no more Chaos

I an even prepared to invest some of my billions to fix things

At a small profit return of coarse lets say 32% return over 25 years, with a open clause in the contract for me to have a say in the rebuliding and refunding of Thalland

I would not be able to do this from my jail cell, as my old home as all the things I need to carry out this exersize

will also need my passport back so I can invest in major structual changes

Thaskin

Dear Thaksin,

You of coarse have proof of this and just have not had time to post it

Or the Som Tam was extra hot today

I saw in TV that one of their leaders had a portrait of Mahatma Gandhi on his T-Shirt. Unbelievable, how can they do that to this great man?

Mahatma Gandhi said: "You must be the change you want to see in the world."

Shooting grenades, burning offices, burning and looting shopping malls, hunting journalists, burning MRT stations, that is not the change I want to see in Thailand. Do you?

MY gf told me the same, when she left our neighborhood 2 days ago passing the military checkpoint, the soldiers did not spoke any thai, they were from Cambodia she said...

Sigh... :)

It is very sad that you actually repeated this.

The army should of stormed the scum weeks ago , that is the only criticism i have of Abhisit , he could of ended it earlier .

LOL you have no clue about what is really going on do you. "Ended it earlier" it would have only started it sooner.

Yes, A should have ended it earlier. Quite reasonable, and many of us have been advocating that for weeks. The Reds barricading parts of Bkk was like an infection. If you deal with an infection in its earlier stages, it's a lot easier to eradicate, than if you wait weeks - until the infection becomes dangerously entrenched in the body.

And for anyone calling the protesters animals, please desist. Granted, we're all animals in a biological sense, but to group one type of animal, who consciencously despoil their environment to non-human animals is offensive to non-human animals. Also, no non-human animals go around systematically aggravating others of their kind.

What a shame....these animals didn't get a tenth of what they deserve.

How dare you call these people "animals". So what did they deserve?

Your type were burning wiches at the stake 800 years ago in the name of God.

You cannot accuse the entire body of protestors of arson just because a few bad eggs decided to start fires.

The army were using their directive to shoot on sight looters and arsonists as an excuse to kill innocent people. It is not a difficult task to clear 5,000 unarmed protestors with live amunition and tanks. This was no victory.

Unarmed? Are you insane? There are mercenaries running around in that red crowd shooting automatic weapons at soldiers police and civilians so don't even start on the unarmed BS. We all know better so don't try and change it now. Paid to protest and paid to do war in the streets. Well then ya get what we have here today. We all saw on TV some soldiers getting their weapons taken away because they did not fire on violent people who the took rocks to them and beat them to death so shut up about unarmed protesters already I for one an not buying any of that BULLSHT

I've got all kinds of friends in different parts of the world wondering what are peace loving Buddhists doing to their country? This has got to be incredibly embarrassing to most Thais.

Here's a public relations coup for the government to consider:

Use Thaksin's confiscated billion plus to pay for the damages his thugs have committed.

What do you think?

Dear Thaksin,

Farangs were clamoring for a crackdown like this when there were 60,000 or 70,000 people at the protests. What's going on now is awful, but it could have been a hel_l of a lot worse with 5 or 6 times as many people doing the same things that are being done now. It's good he waited in my opinion, it gave all the "oh it's just the maid collecting her protest money" people time to filter out.

MY mother always said You can judge a person by the kind of people they hang around with... Well, look at who the Red leaders seems to "hang around with"...a bunch of terrorists dressed in black causing havoc and death to civilians and the military. And Red "thugs" burning certain BKK targets as they leave.

This tells me a lot about this "RED PARTY" that is supposedly for "democracy".