Thai Court Approves Arrest Warrant Against Thaksin On Terrorism Charge

webfact

Nobody is ever going to send Thaksin back to a murderous third world right wing dictatorship.

why is he in london now laugh against your silly charge. have lawyer now going to cause big finiance problem for thai elites who have money they steal from poor and buy house in london and europe. watch for this.

He's not in London at all. The UK sent him packing last time he turned up trying to use it as a launchpad for provoking civil war in his home country. Now his provocations have come to fruition, I doubt the UK will be wanting him back on their hands.

• Replies 554
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you think about the next 10, 100 years, the absolutely WORST strategy for Thailand is to turn Thaksin into a political martyr or an assassinated one.

If I can't get Thais to listen to The Joseph Solution whereby Thakisn AND Sondhi would voluntarily tell their troops to stand down at the threat of the worst loss of face imaginable; they should then consider adopting the North Korean and Burmese models for keeping the people in political cages and stopping the World from interfering.

The Western 'borrowed' politically corrupt system in Thailand is NOT conducive to open door policies with the rest of the World.

Does anybody know why the South is so quiet through all of this? They are just planning how much territory they can take and when!~

The current events are the calm before the storm! How Thailand will not break up into 3 countries, with the current political system in place is not so much a question, anymore.

Too bad my warnings and remedies were ignored, but it is not too late. :)

No, Eggo. What the Thai gov can do is punish the Red shirt leaders to the full extent of the law. Then we will see how many true Red Patriot leaders there are out there, who is willing to die for the cause and not just claim to be willing to do so.

You are really one of the biggest axx hole I have ever seen to encourage for the attack.. What will you feel if you family or anyone die for just protest? You should be ashamed for your entire life who posting this comment..

An old and very predictable singing, targeting to feelings but not to logic.

If you bro is SO smart to understand th protest - will you do all of your best NOT to involve your family into all of this rent-a-shit, and NOT to let them join this prepaid show? Especially put your own kid in front of the barricades, and hiding on his back.

If not - than you're just a dreamin' idiot, sorry to name the things.

The same goes for pro-red families around the country. Seems now they will not get their expected 100Kbaht/family reward - accounts are frozen, ATMs are closed, gov is not going to leave.

Tell me.. a dog will do whatever to fight back when it is going to die.. Tell yourself.. who is the SMARTEST idiots bring the protest idea to those so call "low-educated" people and dominated the airport??? This is the first shame of thailand after being so nice for so long..

I wonder if FaceBook and Twitter will also face legal charges on the basis of assisting terrorists, as they have now apparently been banned by the Ministry of Information & Technology.

:)

I'm using TOT and both Twitter and Facebook works fine. Just tested it!

Yep, using facebook on true and its fine. another nonsense post from a red cheerleader

One day the responsible persons will be punished.

In Argentina 82 year old general Reynaldo Bignone was recently sentenced to 25 years in prison for crimes against humanity he ordered some 30 years ago.

A lot of western countries not only sue child abuses committed in foreign countries, but also human rights violations committed in foreign countries.

Several people responsible for the genocide in Rwanda were arrested, convicted and imprisoned in Belgium.

You are really one of the biggest axx hole I have ever seen to encourage for the attack.. What will you feel if you family or anyone die for just protest? You should be ashamed for your entire life who posting this comment..

An old and very predictable singing, targeting to feelings but not to logic.

If you bro is SO smart to understand th protest - will you do all of your best NOT to involve your family into all of this rent-a-shit, and NOT to let them join this prepaid show? Especially put your own kid in front of the barricades, and hiding on his back.

If not - than you're just a dreamin' idiot, sorry to name the things.

The same goes for pro-red families around the country. Seems now they will not get their expected 100Kbaht/family reward - accounts are frozen, ATMs are closed, gov is not going to leave.

Tell me.. a dog will do whatever to fight back when it is going to die.. Tell yourself.. who is the SMARTEST idiots bring the protest idea to those so call "low-educated" people and dominated the airport??? This is the first shame of thailand after being so nice for so long..

not sure i understand anything you said except you are calling the protesters dogs?

to fire upon your own flag is unforgivable, and accepted by government,

a true sign of weakness,

there must be change and unity to prevent this,

The government and soldiers deserve nothing but praise. They gave the protestors every opportunity to walk away peacefully, but they declined, and stayed to whip up the crowd with their vitriolic rhetoric to the degree that the crowd was uncontrollable. The protestors (should we be calling looters and arsonists protesters??) came looking for a fight and got one. No sympathy for any of them.

The city and country bleeds because of their pig headed stubbornness to enter into dialogue. Interesting to read many Thai 'twitters' who are now refusing to donate blood as it will be used to treat injured 'protesters'. As Nattuwat said last week "Victory is inevitable" A fine victory indeed.

The problem with this is where in Thailand is a leader who can unify the people??

And you need to read what i wrote.. How can i encourage something that has already happened? I support the action taken by the government. They didn't just die for protest. They died confronting soldiers; They died looting, burning, stealing and intimidating ordinary citizens, They hijacked a major business center, blocked roads, set up illegal check points and searched cars; They cost many people their jobs and livelihood; They ignored a state of emergency. If you think that is protesting well i will do a quick bit of cut and paste and say....

You are really one of the biggest axx hole

So yes the government and soldiers deserve praise for taking the hard decision to restore the rule of law.

If you think about the next 10, 100 years, the absolutely WORST strategy for Thailand is to turn Thaksin into a political martyr or an assassinated one.

If I can't get Thais to listen to The Joseph Solution whereby Thakisn AND Sondhi would voluntarily tell their troops to stand down at the threat of the worst loss of face imaginable; they should then consider adopting the North Korean and Burmese models for keeping the people in political cages and stopping the World from interfering.

The Western 'borrowed' politically corrupt system in Thailand is NOT conducive to open door policies with the rest of the World.

Does anybody know why the South is so quiet through all of this? They are just planning how much territory they can take and when!~

The current events are the calm before the storm! How Thailand will not break up into 3 countries, with the current political system in place is not so much a question, anymore.

Too bad my warnings and remedies were ignored, but it is not too late. :)

In case you hadn't noticed, Sondhi resigned from the PAD last week and Thaksin claims he has no control over the UDD.

hel_l's breaking loose in the North and North East. In ChiangMai, the red shirts ignoring the curfew and are on a rampage right now. Other places the same. Two died so far. Newin's father in law's property was also badly damaged in CM.

Edited by elcent

In Argentina 82 year old general Reynaldo Bignone was recently sentenced to 25 years in prison for crimes against humanity he ordered some 30 years ago.

A lot of western countries not only sue child abuses committed in foreign countries, but also human rights violations committed in foreign countries.

Several people responsible for the genocide in Rwanda were arrested, convicted and imprisoned in Belgium.

Defense: We were protecting the country

Exhibit A: the Arisman video - no need to say which one

Exhibit B: the tape of the three stooges immediately refusing the PM's offer of early elections and dissolution at the conference table.

Exhibits C, D, E.... photos of "the kid", the weapons stockpile, the arson, the guy firing the handgun, the guys firing homemade rockets

Case not even considered- laughed out of court

Edited by Netfan

About time! Take no prisoners! Spare no wrath! Not after what his animal terrorists tried to do to me today. I am lucky to be alive. Please don't bury him on Thai soil. he's not worthy.

Please elaborate what happened to you. It might be informative to the rest of us living here

to fire upon your own flag is unforgivable, and accepted by government,

a true sign of weakness,

there must be change and unity to prevent this,

The government and soldiers deserve nothing but praise. They gave the protestors every opportunity to walk away peacefully, but they declined, and stayed to whip up the crowd with their vitriolic rhetoric to the degree that the crowd was uncontrollable. The protestors (should we be calling looters and arsonists protesters??) came looking for a fight and got one. No sympathy for any of them.

The city and country bleeds because of their pig headed stubbornness to enter into dialogue. Interesting to read many Thai 'twitters' who are now refusing to donate blood as it will be used to treat injured 'protesters'. As Nattuwat said last week "Victory is inevitable" A fine victory indeed.

The problem with this is where in Thailand is a leader who can unify the people??

Axx ho

And you need to read what i wrote.. How can i encourage something that has already happened? I support the action taken by the government. They didn't just die for protest. They died confronting soldiers; They died looting, burning, stealing and intimidating ordinary citizens, They hijacked a major business center, blocked roads, set up illegal check points and searched cars; They cost many people their jobs and livelihood; They ignored a state of emergency. If you think that is protesting well i will do a quick bit of cut and paste and say....

You are really one of the biggest axx hole

So yes the government and soldiers deserve praise for taking the hard decision to restore the rule of law.

Axx hole.. read back the old newspaper and go for internet if you do not know who bring the "hijack" idea to the red-shirt protester.. I NEVER say that the red-shirt protesters were doing the right thing.. those red-shirt protester started for those extream action after the first round killing by the government.. besides, a smart and reliable government should take better action rather than killing people just to recover the so call temporary peace.. Trust me.. if you believe those hard decision can bring peace to the country.. i lose 10 meals to you.. remember my name..

Tell me.. a dog will do whatever to fight back when it is going to die..

Are you comparing yourself to a dog?

See no dog protesting or burning down the malls by their OWN decisions.

Tell yourself.. who is the SMARTEST idiots bring the protest idea to those so call "low-educated" people and dominated the airport??? This is the first shame of thailand after being so nice for so long..

Than go and sue them - if you can, of course.

I was never tell that those yellows were right. I was always quoting "The winners are OUT of charges". That time gov was so weak to let them became a winners - and now is the time to gather the stones.

Hopefully THIS gov has their balls hard enough to finish the show in a right order. It is not much left to do to end this so-called "crisis" (which is a crowd of paid thugs since the very beginning).

Stay safe and enjoy the show.

Defense: We were protecting the country

Exhibit A: the Arisman video - no need to say which one

Exhibit B: the tape of the three stooges immediately refusing the PM's offer of early elections and dissolution at the conference table.

Exhibits C, D, E.... photos of "the kid", the weapons stockpile, the arson, the guy firing the handgun, the guys firing homemade rockets

Case not even considered- laughed out of court

Bloody excellent... :)

hel_l's breaking loose in the North and North East. In ChiangMai, the red shirts ignoring the curfew and are on a rampage right now. Other places the same. Two died so far. Newin's father in law's property was also badly damaged in CM.

Way to go - won't they need Newin's help during / after the next election to get a majority in parliament? Very smart those reds. Not.

Tell yourself.. who is the SMARTEST idiots bring the protest idea to those so call "low-educated" people and dominated the airport??? This is the first shame of thailand after being so nice for so long..

I was never tell that those yellows were right. I was always quoting "The winners are OUT of charges". That time gov was so weak to let them became a winners - and now is the time to gather the stones.

Hopefully THIS gov has their balls hard enough to finish the show in a right order. It is not much left to do to end this so-called "crisis" (which is a crowd of paid thugs since the very beginning).

Even a dog is better than anyone who has the idea to support for the military attack.. I believe this government can do whatever they can .. even to kill people.. what is the worst scenario than this which made the RIOT in the country.. a riot can be formed anytime in any country if the government dont know how to handle it..

Even a dog is better than anyone who has the idea to support for the military attack.. I believe this government can do whatever they can .. even to kill people.. what is the worst scenario than this which made the RIOT in the country.. a riot can be formed anytime in any country if the government dont know how to handle it..

Lemon 123 on his way to a banning. Lemon 124 waiting in the wings?

Terrorism charges will do wonders for national reconciliation. :)

The crackdown did wonders, didn't it? Things have really improved since. :D

I'm still firm on my belief that keeping the protesters at Rajprasong while keeping the negotiations going would have been a lot better for Thailand. Before it was just Rajprasong. Now it's still Rajprasong AND the entire country on top.

It seems to me that what the govt. has done might work, but at the risk of something horrendous happening if it doesnt work. I dont know the odds of each probability, but the risk of a very bad outcome should have not been taken, in my view.

Sure the crackdown might work, despite the huge reaction we are currently seeing. The Red organization is now very badly damaged for many reasons, and likely will get further damaged as various people newly in captivity reveal secrets. Many supporters might just get discouraged, and figured that life has always been hard and always will be and so im just going to get drunk thank you very much. And too, the current mob mayhem will turn off some fence sitters.

The case for the crackdown was that the number of Reds at Ratchaprasong dwindled to very low numbers. Red Central's inability to keep up large numbers not only doomed them, but also is an arguement that their support isnt as deep as they hoped.

On the other hand, the real risk of the crackdown policy is this: whatever the probability of the final ending of the Red organization might be, the failure of this to occur could be really, really, really bad for Thailand.

For if whatever is driving the red anger increases markedly rather than subsides, and turns persistently violent, then today is a day that really will live in infamy in thailand.

Why? Because Isaan is 1/3 of the population of this country. They have a distinct identity and feel aggrieved in many ways. They have tasted political power, but it was taken from them by a process that they regard as illegitimate. And now they even have martyrs in their cause. This is the raw material of conflict.

Thus I see it as a very high risk strategy that the government has pursued: failure, should it come, has a huge downside. Such high risk strategies, when dealing with the future of a nation, really should be avoided if there is an alternative.

Many posters here have strongly argued that there was no alternative. Some of us believe differently. Thai historians may be debating this for decades.

No we can only hope that history proves the government right.

It is a true shame that Thaksin is such a corrupt self serving individual and apparently now he's a terrorist. For he is truly a master of the political game. If he had only directed that political skill at the social ills of this country instead of at his families' fortune.

That he could master mind this tragedy from Europe and still find time to flaunt his ability to shop at a high end Paris boutique while the Bangkok elite are banned from the same ability by his own thugs, and now will be for some time. The symbolism in that one photo that was "captured" by someone in Paris that recognized Thaksin, is interesting.

This incredibly inept self serving government had ample opportunity to prevent or minimize the bloodshed. Were they able to do it; did they want to do it? No, they wandered into the well laid traps of his ambush as if compelled by their own arrogance and greed for power. Even after countless signs were put up on the trail prior to the ambush. "All these thugs want are bloodshed!" "They are not really negotiating, they are just dragging it out!" "These people don't want new elections. They just want to flaunt the government!" Thaksin knew that if his men taunted, challenged, and made them lose face he would get his bloodshed. You knew watching Ahibisit, on TV last week, that they were successful and that today was inevitable.It is interesting that after all this time, as soon as the government does a full on attack of the protesters (April 10 wasn't bad enough) the Red leaders throw up their hands and surrender. Now they will lawyer up, money up, and plead that their protests were entirely peaceful as they have been doing from the beginning. Claim that they were not associated with the men in black.

The men in black, I wonder how they will be tied to this, oh yea, Seh Deang. But he's dead.

Now the red shirts or what ever they re-incarnate themselves as in the next election, if this government can bring itself to have another election, will be using the images of this bloody crack down to entice the votes out of the poor ignorant red rabble that supports Thaksin and have won 3 elections already for him and his party. They won't even have to buy the votes. But I'm sure they will, just to be sure.

I don't want anyone to think that I admire Thaksin, I just don't think the current government is much different. They call Thaksin the number 1 criminal, only because he is so much better at it then the rest of the political leadership of this country. This attempt at placing a Terrorism label on him will be just as ineffectual as their handling of the "RED CRISIS!"

I just wish there would be someone in this country that would actually do something for the good of the country - all the country, not just Bangkok - without first taking their "share" off the top. Good Luck Thailand.

Excellent post :)

The most amazing thing is that Thaksin can apparently control the entire chaos in Bangkok while shopping at Louis Vuitton in Paris, but the government can't control the troops and bring the chaos to an end, actually being in Bangkok. Whatever he's using, iPhone or Blackberry, the government must get one of those immediately. I remember watching in the news, during the volcanic ash airport closures, the Norwegian PM said that he was running the country from his iPad while stuck at the airport.

Just saw the picture of Central World burning as well as a government building in Khon Khen, so sad, even if the new government is elected they would like to use the same building, right? Most officials support whatever government is in charge at the time, its their job, they are public servants.

Government please wake up!!!!

Edited by macwalen

The rank and file reds (NOT the paid protesters and worse, the mercenaries on the red payroll in BKK) have legitimate complaints ...... but the show in BKK was about one thing and one thing only. Thaksin

- Do you really believe people are preapred to die, suffer injuires, cause mass destruction just because of one man? Surely, it's about something much more than that.

How about money?

Lots of it!

A few hundred thousand baht dangled in front of a poor SOB who never saw as much money in his life, how can he refuse?

A cynical piece of excrement this rich guy is. I wish him a long life with an enduring, painful illness.

Too harsh? Ok, I take it back.

I hope he departs very soon.

Is he gone yet?