New British Embassy Warning For Chiang Mai

Wolfie

Hi Rumpole.

When did you make the decision to leave, before or after the Redshit's invasion of BKK?

Just curious as you've been here longer than most of us.

Long, long, before the red-shirts ever appeared on the scene. I left in 2002, shortly after Thaksin was elected, as I had already decided that for me, long-term residence in Thailand was not a viable proposition.

Everyone has a personally selected way of dealing with what they perceive, as a potential threat to themselves/family. Thailand is known for the independent lifestyle, thinking, actions, etc of its citizens as well as those of us who have elected to settle here. To call someone who has a different plan/perspective than our own, ignorant, stupid, uninformed, etc, goes a long way in reveling a narrow mindset. If we listen, even to those we disagree with, we may get a more rounded perspective on life.

A load of petty mindless squabbling has been deleted and any more of it will see suspensions handed out. Lengthy suspensions. So drop the bickering and act like civilized adults that still retain a concept of polite behavior.