Im A Farang !

Frustrated by his impotence and lack of voice and influence within Thai society the farang turns to his only known outlet ... the forum.

Here, he can stand on his very own cyber soapbox and offload his steaming, pentup opinions with venom and vitriole amongst his fellow farang ... verbally lashing out from behind the safety of his double bolted bedsit doors, the only casualties here are his computer screen, from his ejaculated fetid spittle, and his keyboard as his pidgeon pecking stubby fingers dance angrily across the tabs !

Years of silence and deaf ears are unleashed and 'Bob the builder' is now Thailands Guru within his very own cyber community ... he is the leading light, the path to righteousness, he is the way, he is 'da man' ... !

Delusions of grandeur rise within his world as quickly as the the water in a sinking ship and soon he is pontificating and obfuscating to all and sundry .. the collateral damage is high amongst the other members of the forum as they are exposed to his tirade ... his inner demons are released and as he rises to the point of a virtual cyber orgasm, his screen goes blank and his room dark.

"WE CANNOT WORK THIS WAY !" he screams in fury ... "I AM A FARANG !"

But silence is all that answers him ... he has forgotten to pay his electricity bill again and standing in his off white baggy underwear, amid a growing pool of his own sweat, he looks across at his shadow upon the opposite wall .. a stooped bent stick like figure with rotund belly greets him and his head then drops as he whispers quietly this time ... "but I am a farang ...!"

Sorry to say this, but just hunker down with a good stock of necessities in your house/apartment,

or get out.

I feel that this is going to get worse before it gets better. :)

Venting your spleen will not help at all.

The Thai people have to sort this out for themsleves, for better or worse.

Edited by somchai69

Just a small snip from your post.

Years of silence and deaf ears are unleashed and 'Bob the builder' is now Thailands Guru within his very own cyber community ... he is the leading light, the path to righteousness, he is the way, he is 'da man' ... !

Have a look at my avatar (its been there a while).

I hope it it is not me you are talking about. :)

Edited by billd766

A well written post, have you ever thought about writing for Mills and Boon?.

I think most of us have met plenty of Farang you are describing but I wonder how many would admit this Farang is very similar to themselves?

But silence is all that answers him ... he has forgotten to pay his electricity bill again and standing in his off white baggy underwear, amid a growing pool of his own sweat, he looks across at his shadow upon the opposite wall .. a stooped bent stick like figure with rotund belly greets him and his head then drops as he whispers quietly this time ... "but I am a farang ...!"

Get your hidden camera out my apartment

I won't comment on whether or not I find the post funny, but I will say this:

I am so weary. so very weary of Westerners who seem to get some kind of kick out of writing to the expat forums and referring to themselves as "whitey." I'm know I"m supposed to have a "mai pen rai" attitude about it, but frankly after 17 years in the Kingdom it just makes me want to puke.

The OP has a grand total of 2 posts. I wonder if he/she will return to comment upon his/her thread?

Recent 'events' in Thailand seem to have attracted a large influx of people to this forum, very few of whom seem currently interested in 'normal' conversation. :)

The OP has a grand total of 2 posts. I wonder if he/she will return to comment upon his/her thread?

Recent 'events' in Thailand seem to have attracted a large influx of people to this forum, very few of whom seem currently interested in 'normal' conversation. :D

Come on kangorito, you ones started with a low posting count too, and were your first posts as entertaining and having a good size of truth in the background too??

:)