Bangkok To Pattaya Roads Open? Buses/taxis Ok? Bandits?

alohatiger

Wondering on current road conditions from BKK to Patters. Looking to weather the storm outside of Bangkok.

I heard Central was shut down in all of Thailand EXCEPT Pattaya. Does that mean Pattaya is safe and only occupied by retired punters and pretty, poor women?

Or is there political strife / looting / oppurtunism even in Pattaya?

It used to be the only safe place to be during strife was in the bar, but not so anymore in BKK.

I welcome conservative 'guesstimations' on safety.

Status of Ekkamai bus station will be appreciated.

Mornings seem safe, but not so safe after 6pm. Wouldn't want to be stuck on the road after dark.

Anything else I haven't thought of? Status of Pattaya? Closing times? Police stance in Pattaya? Movement of polical parties outside of BKK (ostensibly to Patters)? Migration of pretty women indoors or away?

I can only assume that the road there is fine. Traffic on Friday might be a bit congested, but I doubt it would add on more than a half hour to your trip. Pattaya should be clear of any rioting or protesting as well.

Ekkamai station is open, though it seems as though anything could change in an hour's time. At the moment, things are quiet on the streets.

If you like Pattaya, I'd recommend getting there for the weekend. I'm not a fan of the place, but even Pattaya sounds nice compared to Bangkok at the moment...

Getting to Pattaya will not be any problem.

However, you stand a fair chance that you won't see much more then day time beach and spend evenings in your room.

Central Pattaya is closed, as are all other major shopping malls (Mike's, Big C, Royal Garden). Some might open today, we'll know that around 11 AM.

Last night was under curfew with ALL entertainment closed, and ALL convenience stores (7/11, family mart,...) and ALL people asked to remain indoors. Fair chance it'll happen again today, unless the unrest in many provinces subsides and not intensifies during today.

Getting to Pattaya will not be any problem.

However, you stand a fair chance that you won't see much more then day time beach and spend evenings in your room.

Central Pattaya is closed, as are all other major shopping malls (Mike's, Big C, Royal Garden). Some might open today, we'll know that around 11 AM.

Last night was under curfew with ALL entertainment closed, and ALL convenience stores (7/11, family mart,...) and ALL people asked to remain indoors. Fair chance it'll happen again today, unless the unrest in many provinces subsides and not intensifies during today.

This discription would be good but I know that some bars still open, 7/11, family mart etc. The streets had a lot of tourists just being told to go home but not really understanding why.

A decision by the Chon buri Police Chief will be made today regarding curfew or no curfew tonight in Pattaya.

begs

Just did South Pattaya to Swampy in 70 mins, no delays and my partner did return journey in same time once I'd been dropped off. Cant comment on closer to Bangkok.

I'll fill in the gap between Swampie and BKK: No problems, light traffic, gas stations, 7/11's closed and that was from Pattanakarn/Srinagarin Road to the exit Chachoengsao on the #7.

According to reports in the Thailand News clippings forum, the curfew has been changed to 900pm to 500am, and will apply for the next three nights, ending Sunday morning in all areas under the Emergency Order, which includes Cholburi Province.

Should be a quiet weekend...