Are Banks Open

Beardog

Does anyone know if the banks are open in Pattaya today & tomorrow? We have funds being transferred & the other end I think is confusing Bangkok banks are closed. I have not heard Pattaya is closed Anyone been to the Banks today?

Thanks a lot Barry

I have just been on the phone with Kasikorn for similar reasons to yourself, they tell me they are closed for two more days at least.

and 2 more days means fri/sat/sun/ dont forget so a fund transfer will be 2 plus days late

I have just seen that the BOT is allowing all banks to open as of Friday right through to Sunday without the need for special permission. So according to that article (in the BKK Post) open Friday Saturday and Sunday. Wheather they will or no remains to be seen.

The Central Bank (Bank of Thailand) has announced that all Thai banks are closed nationwide for 2 business days, 20 and 21 of May. I can give you the announcement but it is in Thai

ATMs will be refilled in most locations. But during the times of the curfew the ATMs are closed due to safetly concerns.

For any who need cash, your best bet is to go to an ATM in a shopping mall.

The Central Bank (Bank of Thailand) has announced that all Thai banks are closed nationwide for 2 business days, 20 and 21 of May. I can give you the announcement but it is in Thai

ATMs will be refilled in most locations. But during the times of the curfew the ATMs are closed due to safetly concerns.

For any who need cash, your best bet is to go to an ATM in a shopping mall.

The BOT have changed their minds and said banks can now open Friday, Sat and Sun

http://www.bangkokpost.com/breakingnews/178523/bot-banks-can-open-this-weekend

Even if the bank offices were to remain closed, I hope the folks that replenish the ATMs will at least be doing their duties.

Otherwise we all become Cheap Charlies :-)

From what it looks like the banks will be closed today? I just checked siam commercial bank and bangkok banks website and both said they will be closed today.. I also rang BKK bank and they said they would be closed the 20th and 21st. Im guessing they may open again on saturday in select locations.

I was expecting money to come to my thai bank via a bank transfer on wednesday and obviously it didnt because of the banks closing and now there is absolutely no way to get money now? So I guess someone has to go outside of the country just to get money to eat? or if an emergency came up how would one be able to get money? No banks or no western union .

I was unable to pay telephone and internet bills this morning as the girl said that the computers in the banks are not on line.

Same here wanting to do an on-line transfer.

System indicated Monday the 24th as the earliest to process the transfer.

On another note, the BOT allowed the banks to open their micro branches (the ones in shopping malls, who usually open on weekends anyway). Not sure they will though without the support of their head office...

According to several posts on TV, the Bangkok Post has reported that the banks inside shopping malls and department stores will be open today (Friday), but not regular stand alone banks.

This is what it said....

Banks nationwide can be open Friday, Saturday and Sunday, Bank of Thailand (BOT) assistant governor Sorasit Soontornkes said on Thursday.

Mr Sorasit said the central bank had received many complaints from the public after it announced that all commercial banks and financial institutions will remain close this weekend due to the escalating political unrest in Bangkok and other provinces.

Debt payments had become a problem following the announcement, he said.

"To ease people's financial difficulties, all banks, especially the ones in department stores, can open from Friday to Sunday without asking for the BOT's permission," the assistant governor said.

It says they "can" open - but will they????

According to several posts on TV, the Bangkok Post has reported that the banks inside shopping malls and department stores will be open today (Friday), but not regular stand alone banks.

This is what it said....

Banks nationwide can be open Friday, Saturday and Sunday, Bank of Thailand (BOT) assistant governor Sorasit Soontornkes said on Thursday.

Mr Sorasit said the central bank had received many complaints from the public after it announced that all commercial banks and financial institutions will remain close this weekend due to the escalating political unrest in Bangkok and other provinces.

Debt payments had become a problem following the announcement, he said.

"To ease people's financial difficulties, all banks, especially the ones in department stores, can open from Friday to Sunday without asking for the BOT's permission," the assistant governor said.

It says they "can" open - but will they????

Yes I read this yesterday, but i read on another website which was released after that statement that they reverted that and is now closed, according to their websites and even I call the call center they both give messages they will be closed including super markets.