What Is My Situation?

I was just wondering if you could help me..its early days, but i thought id get some advice from the forum to see where I am at. My wife and I, who is Thai, plane to move to Thailand from the UK within 18 months. I plan to become a teacher after doing the TEFL course. My wife has just found out she is pregnant, and the baby will be born in the UK. When we do plan do go over whats the situation regarding our child? Would the child need a visa? Because the mother is thai, does that make a difference? Or do we need a special visa etc? Would our child automatically get thai citizenship as it will be brought up in Thailand and the mother is Thai? Or is the system complex? I know with myself, the situation is I can go for 12 months visas only (ed.visa or marriage visa ), does the same apply with the child? I ve looked at the visa sytem on the Thailand embassy website, abd I cant find anything regarding this.

Could you help my wife and I , by saying what's our situatuon? Thank you, regards Rangel 22

After child is born you should take birth certificate to Royal Thai Embassy to obtain a Thai certificate of birth and a Thai passport. Child can then enter on Thai passport and not require visa.

After child is born you should take birth certificate to Royal Thai Embassy to obtain a Thai certificate of birth and a Thai passport. Child can then enter on Thai passport and not require visa.

This is the correct answer. Thais are not officially allowed to have two nationalities.