Prepaid Sim For International Sms?

tfc

I'm currently using a prepaid TRUE sim and the TRUE people assured me that it was capable of both sending and recieving international SMS. Doesn't seem to be the case so could anyone suggest a prepaid SIM that does?

Maybe you need to "enable" some function...do call them and ask or drop by their counters located in some of the shopping centers.

I use a 1-2-call AIS pre paid card. Works fine. I can even use it when I am overseas. If I run out of credit overseas, I can even get someone here in Thailand to top up for me using their phone!

I had no luck sending SMS messages back to Australia with my DTAC prepaid simm in the beginning, after trying to enter the international number manually for the inaugural SMSs.

What did seem to solve the problem was after I'd called overseas and given friends my new number, they could somehow SMS me, and then my replies were all SMSed most SMSedly forthwith!

I never delved into the cause of my initial problems with the SMS, but presume it was overzealous numerology of some kind on my part. TRUE is not familiar to me, but if it's something like Happy DTAC, then maybe the answer to your problem also lies in having a friend overseas instigate the first SMS to your number so that you can reply and find the missing component, which still eludes me after all these years because I have Skype now.

Yes you should have no problem. You are entering the number incorrectly or some function is not on in your phone. It is not True problem. Yes try calling someone and then have them send you a sms and you will see the proper sequence of numbers to use.

Im not teaching you to suck egg's but are you useing the right prefix for outside tex's you have to put + instead of the 00, so England would be +44 then no: not 0044. Then omit the 0.

Edited by fredob43

Im not teaching you to suck egg's but are you using the right prefix for outside tex's you have to put + instead of the 00, so Thailand would be +66 then no: not 0066 - England would be +44 then no: not 0044.. Then omit the 0.

Hey Presto!

I've never bothered to work this out for myself once it started to happen by way of incoming SMSs that I'd just reply to, but THAT is exactly what seemed to fix it!

Edited by SeanMoran

Thanks everyone, I've already tried the prefix thing and it doesn't work for me, I'll try calling someone tonight and getting them to SMS me and see how that goes.

Here's another possibility:

I just bought a 12Call.AIS line and Sim card yesterday. I've been able to send overseas SMS and calls no problem, BUT I have to insert a 5 between the 00 and the country code.

So instead of dialling 0044 then the number to go to the UK, I have to dial 00544. And instead of 00971 for the UAE, I dial 005971. That works!

The TRUE network will be a different number, not 5. If you go to the TRUE website and look for information on international calling, it will probably tell you instantly. If it's any help, here's a copy paste from the info on the 12Call site:

International call service is the service that enables you to use your AIS One-2-call! mobile phone to make international outgoing call to the foreign destination numbers.

You can make international call by yourself.

• Make call via AIN network : 005 Globaline , 00500

• Make call via CAT network: 001, 009

• Make call via TOT network: 007, 008