Trouble With Ais 3g

brycat

Just curious if anyone is having the same problem with their AIS 3g connection in Chiang Mai. For about 3-4 days, I haven't been able to log into my Hotmail account during the day. I can get to the login page, but after I enter my user name and password, the window simply freezes up.

Strangely enough, the other night I woke up about 04.00 and I could log in. Later that day when I tried to log in again, the same problem occurred. Now, I'm having problems accessing my Facebook account.

I'm able to search the internet with little problem, so I know the connection is fine. I've tried my AIS card on another computer and experienced the same thing. I've used both Explorer and Firefox browsers and get the same results. I haven't tried another connection (LAN, coffee shop wireless, etc.) yet.

I'm wondering if these sites are actually being blocked? It wouldn't be that much of a concern to me, but there are a lot of people trying to contact me in lieu of the political situation that's been happening lately. The last thing I need is to loose touch via the internet.

Thank you.

I have the same problem for the same times as indicated. I can access Hotmail (haven't tried Facebook) with my AIS GPRS modem.

My guess is a problem with their server. I had another problem recently which required AIS to patch their software.... they did... problem was solved.

I have made a service request to AIS. I think they may be quite busy right now.

MSPain

Edited by hml367

I can not access my hotmail account or international websites domestics sites are hit and miss. Their 1175 is in op. This has been going on for 6 days ever since the upheaval in BK.

Edited by gotlost

If you must access your Hotmail account, you can try setting your modem to connect only to GPRS and see if you can access your account. It will be slower, however, it may work.... as I have said, I am able to go to my Hotmail accounts with GPRS. I use two different modems for this so I don't know how it will work changing the options. It seems it should work.

Good luck!

MSPain

Edited by hml367

Thanks for the feedback. I'm now able to log on to both Hotmail and Facebook. And like that, it was back to normal.......

Congratulations, brycat! I'm still not able to get to hotmail after signing in at 2:00 p.m. Friday.

MSPain

PS I cannot access any Microsoft site I have tried including Windows Update.

Edited by hml367

I've been having a similar problem with the same circumstances -- AIS, able to pull up Hotmail log-in page, but freezes once I input password, been going on for about 5 - 6 days. I can surf other websites, though. Amazingly, when I enable our U.S. proxy server (still using AIS) I can access Hotmail. I'm not enough of a computer geek to know what this means, but nice to know our proxy server subscription is good for more than tricking goabc.com into thinking I'm in the U.S. so I can watch Desperate Housewives and Lost.

Seems like success was short lived. Having the problem with Hotmail and Facebook again. Looks like it's a problem with the service (AIS) gauging from everybody's feedback so far. Good to know it's not just me. Thanks again for the responses.

Edited by brycat

AIS called me back and with the help of their TECH he had me make major changes to some settings AND problem solved. I can now access my hotmail account, international websites and even (TV will hate this) the Bangkok Post. Their number is back in service 1175. Yes they have had problems but under the circumstances its understandable. :):D

Edited by gotlost

AIS called me back and with the help of their TECH he had me make major changes to some settings AND problem solved. I can now access my hotmail account, international websites and even (TV will hate this) the Bangkok Post. Their number is back in service 1175. Yes they have had problems but under the circumstances its understandable. :):D

What type of major changes?

AIS called me back and with the help of their TECH he had me make major changes to some settings AND problem solved. I can now access my hotmail account, international websites and even (TV will hate this) the Bangkok Post. Their number is back in service 1175. Yes they have had problems but under the circumstances its understandable. :D:D

All the settings for dsn and I mean all settings that had been original since day one.

Update. Just tried my hotmail account and no go. Also international web sites do not want to play. Good news is their 1175 number is operational and I just talked to them so I'm waiting. :)

Edited by gotlost

Just put my call into AIS (1175) too. A technician is supposed to get back to me today.

Funny thing- both Hotmail and Facebook both work normally from about 12am to somewhere in the early morning (4-7am). Since the problem seems to be happening to more than just one person, this likely hints at a problem with the AIS server, no? After all, the hours I can access both accounts happens to coincide with low internet usage hours.

Maybe there's a problem with the AIS server and the service isn't working properly because it's overloaded. After all, everything was normal until about a week ago, and I know I didn't change any settings on my computer. Seems kind of fishy that we're all having the same problem, and it occurred right around the same time for all concerned.

Gotlost- It would be great to hear if the 1175 call resolves your problem(s). I'll repost once I talk to a technician.

I also have the same problems for about the same time too. Before I could access facebook but it's not been working now for about 2 days. I can sometimes use my hotmail account by using a proxy server but it's a bit hit and miss. Maybe best I call AIS

Sunday morning (23rd) and I am not able to access my Hotmail accounts on 3G. I will get on my GPRS later.

I have also been having small problems with my mobile service on One-2-Call.

MSPain

AIS called me back and with the help of their TECH he had me make major changes to some settings AND problem solved. I can now access my hotmail account, international websites and even (TV will hate this) the Bangkok Post. Their number is back in service 1175. Yes they have had problems but under the circumstances its understandable. :D:D

All the settings for dsn and I mean all settings that had been original since day one.

Update. Just tried my hotmail account and no go. Also international web sites do not want to play. Good news is their 1175 number is operational and I just talked to them so I'm waiting. :)

GOTLOST.

THE HWHAT TYPE OF MODEM DO YOU HAVE? I HAVE BOTH A HUAWEI USB MODEM AND A HUWEI WIFI ROUTER. I HAVE NOT BEEN ABLE TO FIND ANY DNS SETTINGS ADJUSTMENTS AVAILABLE IN EITHER ONE.

MSPAIN

GOTLOST.

THE HWHAT TYPE OF MODEM DO YOU HAVE? I HAVE BOTH A HUAWEI USB MODEM AND A HUWEI WIFI ROUTER. I HAVE NOT BEEN ABLE TO FIND ANY DNS SETTINGS ADJUSTMENTS AVAILABLE IN EITHER ONE.

MSPAIN

I have a Huwei air card model e160e. The dns setting adjustmens are in tools under option. I'm waiting for my 9AM AIS call.

GOTLOST.

MSPAIN

I have a Huwei air card model e160e. The dns setting adjustmens are in tools under option. I'm waiting for my 9AM AIS call.

THANKS, Gotlost.

That is the same modem I use for my GPRS... I will look again today when I use the GPRS. I don't remember the DNS settings there...Obviously I missed them!!!

And, as I posted above, I am still unable to get to my mail account with 3G after I pass the sign-in screen. I also am not able to get to Windows Update or Bing with 3G. They did email me back and ask what error I was getting. Hmph!!!

MSPain

it's the primary and secondary DNS settings - because of the troubles they reverted to 'dynamic' you have to edit them to be 'static'

I had same problem - can access now - only thing is the 'static' settings have to be set everytime I start up laptop - I'll phone them tomorrow about that one!

it's the primary and secondary DNS settings - because of the troubles they reverted to 'dynamic' you have to edit them to be 'static'

I had same problem - can access now - only thing is the 'static' settings have to be set everytime I start up laptop - I'll phone them tomorrow about that one!

That was one of the problem yesterday was changed and still is but still no good. AIS called me this morning about 9:15AM confirmed my problem, settings and physical location. The problem is on their side they are looking into it and will get back to me. (some time next year). :)

That was one of the problem yesterday was changed and still is but still no good. AIS called me this morning about 9:15AM confirmed my problem, settings and physical location. The problem is on their side they are looking into it and will get back to me. (some time next year). :)

Hello, Gotlost.

I found the DNS settings on the USB modem. I use that modem for GPRS. If I use the USB modem with my 3G SIM I have to pay for phone calls and mintues or something.

I have not found the DNS settings in my WiFi Router/Modem. I am on the GPRS and not at home this afternoon so I will check tonight or tomorrow. Hopefully they will have it all fixed by then.

MSPain