Trouble With Ais 3g

brycat

it's the primary and secondary DNS settings - because of the troubles they reverted to 'dynamic' you have to edit them to be 'static'

I had same problem - can access now - only thing is the 'static' settings have to be set everytime I start up laptop - I'll phone them tomorrow about that one!

That was one of the problem yesterday was changed and still is but still no good. AIS called me this morning about 9:15AM confirmed my problem, settings and physical location. The problem is on their side they are looking into it and will get back to me. (some time next year). :D

Hello, Gotlost.

I found the DNS settings on the USB modem. I use that modem for GPRS. If I use the USB modem with my 3G SIM I have to pay for phone calls and mintues or something.

I have not found the DNS settings in my WiFi Router/Modem. I am on the GPRS and not at home this afternoon so I will check tonight or tomorrow. Hopefully they will have it all fixed by then.

MSPain

modem? I thought we were discussing AIS 3g Aircards? :)

it's the primary and secondary DNS settings - because of the troubles they reverted to 'dynamic' you have to edit them to be 'static'

I had same problem - can access now - only thing is the 'static' settings have to be set everytime I start up laptop - I'll phone them tomorrow about that one!

That was one of the problem yesterday was changed and still is but still no good. AIS called me this morning about 9:15AM confirmed my problem, settings and physical location. The problem is on their side they are looking into it and will get back to me. (some time next year). :D

Hello, Gotlost.

I found the DNS settings on the USB modem. I use that modem for GPRS. If I use the USB modem with my 3G SIM I have to pay for phone calls and mintues or something.

I have not found the DNS settings in my WiFi Router/Modem. I am on the GPRS and not at home this afternoon so I will check tonight or tomorrow. Hopefully they will have it all fixed by then.

MSPain

I just got off the phone with AIS. I'm still waiting for their tech to call me. They are starting to be a pain in the you know where. :D

What is an AIS 3g Aircard?

MSPain

EDIT: An AirCard® modem lets people connect to the Internet via a wireless broadband network typically used for cellular phone services. AirCard® is actually a brand name for several different devices a person can plug into his or her computer's USB port or PCMCIA slot to access the Web in this manner.

Edited by hml367

I signed up for the AIS Net Sim, but all I get is EDGE and GPRS. I asked at the AIS shop, but they didn't seem to know about it.

They thought I would likely only get a 3G signal in limited areas of Bangkok. Is that true? Is there no 3G support in the provinces?

Does my Net Sim include 3G, or do I have to have a special account to get more than EDGE and GPRS? I see AIS has a separate web site for 3G, but I can't read Thai.

thanks

I signed up for the AIS Net Sim, but all I get is EDGE and GPRS. I asked at the AIS shop, but they didn't seem to know about it.

They thought I would likely only get a 3G signal in limited areas of Bangkok. Is that true? Is there no 3G support in the provinces?

Does my Net Sim include 3G, or do I have to have a special account to get more than EDGE and GPRS? I see AIS has a separate web site for 3G, but I can't read Thai.

thanks

To my knowledge AIS 3g is only available in Chiang Mai and Hua Hin. I'm in Chiang Mai. You have to sign up for 3G so your sim is probably not.

Monday, May 24, 8:25 a.m. I was able to access my Hotmail accounts.

RUN QUICK BEFORE IT BREAKS AGAIN! (joking) Good luck to everyone and please stay safe.

MSPain

AIS came back up around mid night and is working fine. The problem was on their side. The annoying thing is their lack of curtice of saying so but TIT. Oh they just now called to say its fixed. :)

Edited by gotlost

RUN QUICK BEFORE IT BREAKS AGAIN! (joking) Good luck to everyone and please stay safe.

MSPain

AIS came back up around mid night and is working fine. The problem was on their side. The annoying thing is their lack of curtice of saying so but TIT. Oh they just now called to say its fixed. :)

Monday 9:10 am.... can't access Hotmail again. EDIT ****** Now back again... I'm not going to post anything until it works at least for 24 hours. heh heh Last night I could not access..... this morning I could not access..... 8:25 I could..... 9:10 could not...... 9:17 I could...... And it is NOT my end!

MSPain

Edited by hml367

MSPain

Monday 9:10 am.... can't access Hotmail again. EDIT ****** Now back again... I'm not going to post anything until it works at least for 24 hours. heh heh Last night I could not access..... this morning I could not access..... 8:25 I could..... 9:10 could not...... 9:17 I could...... And it is NOT my end!

MSPain

Just got off the phone again. What a bunch of wanke_rs. :D

MSPain

AIS came back up around mid night and is working fine. The problem was on their side. The annoying thing is their lack of curtice of saying so but TIT. Oh they just now called to say its fixed. :D

MSPain

Just got off the phone again. What a bunch of wanke_rs. :D

AIS, UP DOWN UP DOWN UP DOWN. At the moment down. The good thing I can access TV and the Nation maybe their is a conspiracy. AIS definitely have major problems with their complete system. :)

Tuesday, 7:47 pm... not back for me.

MSPain

Keep trying on their 1175 number takes for ever. I'm holding since about 10AM this morning.

Changed DNS numbers and setting again.

Hello, Gotlost.

Just as you said, AIS Call Center called me back this morning... A girl with excellent English (I came here from Hawaii so her English is probably better than mine!) stepped me through changing the DNS servers and so far it is working.

Thanks again for your help,

MSPain

Tuesday, 7:47 pm... not back for me.

MSPain

Keep trying on their 1175 number takes for ever. I'm holding since about 10AM this morning.

Changed DNS numbers and setting again.

Hello, Gotlost.

Just as you said, AIS Call Center called me back this morning... A girl with excellent English (I came here from Hawaii so her English is probably better than mine!) stepped me through changing the DNS servers and so far it is working.

Thanks again for your help,

MSPain

Just to let you know keep a copy of the DNS numbers. I was OK yesterday and last night. This morning log on and back to the same BS. Went back in to the options and found that the dsn numbers had gone by by. Reloaded with the numbers I had written down and bingo back on.

Just to let you know keep a copy of the DNS numbers. I was OK yesterday and last night. This morning log on and back to the same BS. Went back in to the options and found that the dsn numbers had gone by by. Reloaded with the numbers I had written down and bingo back on.

Done writ!!!!

THANKS AGAIN!

MSPain

PS By the way, for anyone reading this and complaining about service of anything in Chiang Mai, AIS did all of this within a reasonable time ONCE I DID WHAT THEY INDICATE TO DO IN REPORTING A PROBLEM.

As a sidenote... I also had a problem with another SIM which I use for my mobile phone. I called, they answered the problem on the first call - time to change the SIM. I went to the AIS office this morning, they changed the SIM and all the data on it to the same phone number all free of charge and with a smile.

Don't know much about 3g I have AIS blue tooth.

Sometimes if I turn my phone and my computer off and then restart them It solves my problems for a while.

AIS Bluetooth??????

MSPain

PS Almost 24 hours since the lady called from AIS and Hotmail, Facebook, and Bing are working normally for me.

Edited by hml367

Sometimes if I turn my phone and my computer off and then restart them It solves my problems for a while.

AIS Bluetooth??????

MSPain

PS Almost 24 hours since the lady called from AIS and Hotmail, Facebook, and Bing are working normally for me.

The only problem I'm having is every time I shut my system down I have to reload the dsn numbers. OH well.

AIS Bluetooth??????

MSPain

The only problem I'm having is every time I shut my system down I have to reload the dsn numbers. OH well.

Where exactly are you setting the numbers? It sounds like the Windows registry is not updating for some reason.

MSPain

AIS Bluetooth??????

MSPain

Where exactly are you setting the numbers? It sounds like the Windows registry is not updating for some reason.

MSPain

Under options on their start up page .

Under options on their start up page .

Hey, Gotlost.

See if you can open PROPERTIES of the internet connection you use in NETWORK AND SHARING (I don't know what version or OS you are using). Try to go to the PROPERTIES of the connection, then highlight INTERNET PROTOCOL VERSION 4, and open the PROPERTIES of that. That is where they had me set the serviers for my WiFi device. If you set the DNS servers there, they should stay in the Windows Registry.

Mine has been working ok since they called me. Only this morning I have not been able to sign in to ICQ... I am not going to blame them ... YET!!

Hope it works for you.

MSPain