Order Restored In Bangkok And Provinces: PM Abhisit

webfact

Every single Thai I know supports this man - I hope in the weeks and months ahead, he shows everyone a path towards peace, reconciliation and unity.

Same here and yes I hope he does.

Every single Thai?? Oh, goody, goody! Let's hold an election then, like he was asked to and he will win 100% of the vote!!!

Would have saved the whole fuss in the beginning. All of those bullets wasted on 2000 or so annoying people too!!!

I wonder where you live???? Not in Udon Thani or Chiang Mai, that's for sure.

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Every single Thai I know supports this man - I hope in the weeks and months ahead, he shows everyone a path towards peace, reconciliation and unity.

Every Thai I know hate this man. He can not do anything, becouse he is a marionette of persons, who order to kill Thai protesters.

Second that Alex. What else do u expect from a "Som Tam Tiger"? :D

At least spell the name right - "Ajarn" :)

Actually, you spelt your name wrong. Ajarn is quite correct: in Thai transliteration, the letter 'a' is used for the UH sound, not 'u'. Get a life!

Seized power? Yet another that needs to engage the grey matter before engaging fingers.

"Yet another that needs to engage the grey matter before engaging fingers." Who are you? What a pompous asinine thing to say. Yes, seized power. Now why don't you answer the original question bucko. What has he done since he's seized power? Don't obfuscate the issue. This government came to power after the military coup that overthrew the legimitely elected prime minister of Thailand. They, the military and the courts gerrymandered the subsequent elections by making TRT illegal and prohibiting anyone who was previously from TRT to run for office. What a sweet deal. So the Thai's have what they have now. Not exactly a democratically elected government but one that was seized by hook and by crook as they say in America.

Absolute rubbish Thaksin was not legitimately elected he bought his victory,

For the answer to your question I believe it was answered very well by another poster that's why I ignored it.

Sir You make pronouncements and statements and don't support them in anyway. Because you say Thaksin bought his victory doesn't make it true. He won overwhelmingly in every Province except Patini. He was a truly great prime minister, of the people, by the people, for the people. Not some Eaton educated aristocrat like you have now. When you drive through the countryside in Thailand and you still see OTOP signs think of Thaksin it was one of his great ideas that truly begin to give the "people" the farmers, economic independence. Thaksin did more in one week to help the people of Thailand that this government has done since it's been here. (The original question I asked, What has the current PM done for Thailand since he seized power? still stands.) It has not been answered by you or anyone else. I can only assume you ignore it because you're not able to adequately answer it. Ok how about this. Let's compare and contrast Thaksin's social economic accomplishments with the current government. I'll tell you what I see here is that this government has spent most of its time just trying to hold onto power by waging a massive propaganda campaign against Thaksin and its own people, the poor unwashed Issan farmers who this government and many on this board don't believe deserve the right to vote.

The successful propagandist will include a measure of truth in their message and spin its meaning in a way advantageous to their cause. It is rare that I see a post such as yours that is absolutely false in every detail.

85 death is acceptable. Mark will come out stronger.

Of course. 1900 injured is nothing too.

He is a hero. Hope you understand sarcasm. The fool will be judged harshly on the gallows of time. No one bears the direct responsibility for so many deaths and injuries to civilians and escapes condemnation. The Government already has the contempt of the rest of the world. Not one Government in the world has applauded the way he has dealt with this crisis and the foreign media are ripping him to shreds (we all know why the Thai media are not). Next change of Government (next elections) and I know who will be the fugitives, if they are not imprisoned first...

He is a hero. Hope you understand sarcasm. The fool will be judged harshly on the gallows of time. No one bears the direct responsibility for so many deaths and injuries to civilians and escapes condemnation. The Government already has the contempt of the rest of the world. Not one Government in the world has applauded the way he has dealt with this crisis and the foreign media are ripping him to shreds (we all know why the Thai media are not). Next change of Government (next elections) and I know who will be the fugitives, if they are not imprisoned first...

And of those 1800 injured nearly 1/3 of them are security forces.

How does an unarmed rabble injure some 500-600 armed, trained, commanded, and organized security forces driving APCs and wearing vests and other protective gear?

11 of the 85 killed were security forces.

Edited by way2muchcoffee

PM Abhisit has handled this situation from the start of the protests in a way that only an honest and decent man would , he has put up with red thugs insulting him and threatening him and his family daily , the pressure he must have felt would finish many leaders,

He has had to deal with problems of a divided government , army and police corruption and he has managed to get through this with dignity.

This PM should be respected by all good thai people and International government and organisations.

Let us hope he can now sort out all these law breakers and terrorists that have been on Thaksins pay roll and bring them all down , Including any that are currently serving in any government positions.

Men like PM Abhisit don't come along every day and this country should be truly grateful for him.

Well Done Mr Abhisit you would get my vote if you was my PM . :)

Sir You make pronouncements and statements and don't support them in anyway. Because you say Thaksin bought his victory doesn't make it true. He won overwhelmingly in every Province except Patini. He was a truly great prime minister, of the people, by the people, for the people. Not some Eaton educated aristocrat like you have now. When you drive through the countryside in Thailand and you still see OTOP signs think of Thaksin it was one of his great ideas that truly begin to give the "people" the farmers, economic independence. Thaksin did more in one week to help the people of Thailand that this government has done since it's been here. (The original question I asked, What has the current PM done for Thailand since he seized power? still stands.) It has not been answered by you or anyone else. I can only assume you ignore it because you're not able to adequately answer it. Ok how about this. Let's compare and contrast Thaksin's social economic accomplishments with the current government. I'll tell you what I see here is that this government has spent most of its time just trying to hold onto power by waging a massive propaganda campaign against Thaksin and its own people, the poor unwashed Issan farmers who this government and many on this board don't believe deserve the right to vote.

sums it up.

I'm a guest in this country and am very respectful of both sides.

I am only a guest here. As a visitor I try to be considerate of my host and try not to be a burden as they work out their problems.

I get bored reading that we foreigners are "guests" in Thailand.

A guest is an invited visitor - we are not.

I was invited. So there. :)

Considering all the anarhcy and terror after the crackdown, things have been very very quiet.

Some is due to military presence and some due to disarray in rds but I would guess the reds will also be good as gold so they can get rid of SoE, curfew and troops on the streets. Then they can get back to playing and being ignored by the police. The reds basically think the police are theirs and thast those who oppose them are soft and casnt fight dirty like the reds can ie the red opponents have to use all these legal things like SoEs and a police force they dont even control and court cases that take aeons and arrest warrants while the reds can just use intimidation, death squads and arson squads and say nothing to do with me.

sums it up.

Except the only presented "fact" in the piece is a lie (sentence three). The rest is subjective opinion. However, if the only fact is lie it undermines the crebility of what else is attached

Considering all the anarhcy and terror after the crackdown, things have been very very quiet.

Some is due to military presence and some due to disarray in rds but I would guess the reds will also be good as gold so they can get rid of SoE, curfew and troops on the streets. Then they can get back to playing and being ignored by the police. The reds basically think the police are theirs and thast those who oppose them are soft and casnt fight dirty like the reds can ie the red opponents have to use all these legal things like SoEs and a police force they dont even control and court cases that take aeons and arrest warrants while the reds can just use intimidation, death squads and arson squads and say nothing to do with me.

Money money money,

... Must be funny,

When it's frozen.

Money money money,

... Must be funny,

When it's frozen.

I dont think it will matter too much. Thaksin and co has tons of money in other accounts that they won't be able to touch.

And of those 1800 injured nearly 1/3 of them are security forces.

How does an unarmed rabble injure some 500-600 armed, trained, commanded, and organized security forces driving APCs and wearing vests and other protective gear?

11 of the 85 killed were security forces.

I haven't seen those facts anywhere, but if you have a source, I will accept it.

However, it is irrelevant. The buck stops with the Prime Minister, whoever that might be...

In a normal democratic country, such national havoc and death toll would demand a resignation.

Edited by csolgosz

Start here:

Smith commends Thai army's restraint

Posted Thu May 20, 2010 9:30am AEST

(Australian) Foreign Minister Stephen Smith says he is pleased the Thai military has shown restraint in dealing with their country's political crisis.

Thailand's authorities have put Bangkok and about a third of the country under curfew after troops ended long-running street protests by supporters of the ousted prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2010/05...?section=justin

Please feel free to provide links to the "ripping to shreds" from the foreign media.

And while you are at it, what are/is the "gallows of time"?

Money money money,

... Must be funny,

When it's frozen.

I dont think it will matter too much. Thaksin and co has tons of money in other accounts that they won't be able to touch.

And there it shall stay.

(besides funding the private jets, top rate hotels and fake passports...)

Start here:

(Australian) Foreign Minister Stephen Smith says he is pleased the Thai military has shown restraint in dealing with their country's political crisis.

Thailand's authorities have put Bangkok and about a third of the country under curfew after troops ended long-running street protests by supporters of the ousted prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra.

Please feel free to provide links to the "ripping to shreds" from the foreign media.

I am not going to bother answering the first comment. Read for yourself. Maybe start with American, Canadian, Australian, British, Italian, etc. Maybe I should have also added 'political academics' as well (referring to such as the ANU-sponsored website in Australia).

For the second, to help your blinkered mind, it is a metaphor I used for the fact the time will judge him. IF you don't know the meaning of the word 'metaphor', look it up.

Finally, you must be distressed living in a highly populated province like Udon Thani where the most of the population are against the Government. Better save up to contribute to another payout to politicians to change sides again after the next election or they might get what they want.

Money money money,

... Must be funny,

When it's frozen.

Thaksins will now suddenly find a huge negative imbalance between the money he and his allies have to that aligned against him imho.

sums it up.

Except the only presented "fact" in the piece is a lie (sentence three). The rest is subjective opinion. However, if the only fact is lie it undermines the crebility of what else is attached

:D :D :D :D :D:)

Start here:

I am not going to bother answering the first comment. Read for yourself. Maybe start with American, Canadian, Australian, British, Italian, etc. Maybe I should have also added 'political academics' as well (referring to such as the ANU-sponsored website in Australia).

For the second, to help your blinkered mind, it is a metaphor I used for the fact the time will judge him. IF you don't know the meaning of the word 'metaphor', look it up.

Finally, you must be distressed living in a highly populated province like Udon Thani where the most of the population are against the Government. Better save up to contribute to another payout to politicians to change sides again after the next election or they might get what they want.

"Not going to bother" - I guess that is code for "oops, I can't really provide any links." :)

You will note I provided a specific link to put to bed your silly statement about "Not one government......"

Having read the New Mandala on a number of occasions, it was entirely predictable what they would say - of course their opinion is just as valuable (or not) as anyone else's.

I picked up the metaphor, but what caused my question was that the metaphor made no sense ie it was nonsensical. But thanks for the explanation. :D

I don't feel distressed by the fact I live in Udon Thani. In fact, I generally support the aspirations of the red shirts (of which there are a few in my Moo Baan). However, I don't support the methods by which they have been trying to make their point since early February (nor Pattaya, or Black Songkran for that matter). But hopefully they will wake up to the fact they have been used as pawns by Thaksin and his band of merry thugs.

As for payouts, I am sure your fertile (if not particularly intelligent) mind understands that such are an unfortunate fact of life in the way Thai politics are currently done. The sooner that changes, the better.

Money money money,

... Must be funny,

When it's frozen.

And there it shall stay.

(besides funding the private jets, top rate hotels and fake passports...)

Thaksin has fake passports? That's news to me. Do you have a news article for us to read on that?

The path of the ostrich is to surround himself with parrots. Wake up and smell the coffee, my friend!

:):D

Opposition submits impeachment motion against Abhisit, 3 other ministers

Opposition MPs submitted a motion to Senate Speaker Prasopsuk Boondej, seeking to impeach Prime Minister Abhisit Vejjajiva and three other Cabinet members.

Chief opposition whip Witthaya Buranasiri submitted the motion, which is backed by 159 opposition MPs, to Prasopsuk at 11:55 am.

The three other ministers are Deputy Prime Minister Suthep Thaugsuban, Interior Minister Chavarat Chanweerakul and Transport Minister Sopon Sarum.

Witthaya said the impeachment motion will be followed by a censure motion.

This really shows the true face of Thai politicians (?).

This bunch of spineless cowardly social misfits said not a word when civil disorder was rampant, in fact as I recall when the Red Shirts rank and file turned up at the H.Q. of the Pue Thai Party the paid for my seat M.P,s locked the door ignored the protesters and did a runner.Indeed that shows what high principles these paid for my seat M.P.s have.

Associate with the common masses ? Oh no, the great unwashed are interfering with my Hi-So status and lowering our status in the eyes of the working class.

Yet now they consider that they should be ru(i)nning the country with a professional loud-mouth as prime Minister.

Truly the lunatics wish to take charge of the asylum.

Edited by siampolee

Just happened 12 hours ago

There is NO peace or safety.

My friend tried to go back to his apartment near Victory.

Tonight: went back to my apartment for the first time (Victory) in almost a week to retrieve a few things. 3/4 of the way, traffic stopped. Police began circulating and tried to convince everyone to back up. Like that'll happen in BKK... Anyway, my visibly nervous taxi driver obviously knew something was up. Cars in front of us began jumping the center divide to make a U-turn and get out of there. You know me, I thought <deleted> this, paid the driver and decided to walk the rest of the way. That was a really, really stupid idea. After about 100 meters I noticed I was the only civilian on the street. Some soldiers started frantically squawking on the radio then suddenly scattered and ducked behind a wall. Under such circumstances I've got a rather steep learning curve so I ducked too; boom! A <deleted>' grenade went off! Looked up to see an old woman squatting next to me with a wide toothless grin probably thinking "dumbass foreigner." Cut down some side streets and made it home. Neighborhood is burned out and smoldering, but my place was spared. Eerily quiet, armed soldiers everywhere. First thing I did was turn on BBC News only to hear the Thai Prime Minister say, "We have restored order in the capital of BKK." Collected some stuff, made it back out safe and sound and that's my combat story...

More later,

To help you feel even more at ease, the Thai police have arrested 511 for violating the curfew, fined them all THB 2,000 and let them all go with a 2 month suspended sentence.

• 2 weeks later...

Just a point of interest on my part. I was asked by a poster namely silver torpedo how long I had lived in Thailand.

That I answered and asked him the same question.

Seems he refuses to answer that question even in a PM, I wonder why and he seemed so well educated in Thai politics as well. :)