Help And Support For Bkk

BangkokBP

During the past few days many of us have been following the reporting on what is going on in Bangkok here at Thai Visa, on Twitter (which certainly proved its value) on TV and in the news.

A huge THANK YOU! for your amazing efforts keeping us not in Bangkok informed and who would have had less information of lesser quality without your reporting!

Now to the topic;

I would like to hear some suggestions on what can be done to help those cleaning up and rebuilding Bangkok, getting things back to normal, how can we support and help speed up the recovery?

Please come with suggestions and - requests from those involved - on how people both locally and those abroad can support, any ideas are welcome.

Anything, small things to big things.

Locally (be careful its still very risky out there);

- Provide support for those doing the hard work, if you can't help hands-on, help with fresh cold water, food, restrooms, "pa yen" and other necessities for thos out there working.

- Smiles and encouragements

From afar:

- ... let us know how we can help!

Ops: Pin if seen appropriate.

We as foriegners are not allowed to even volenteer without work permits so thats not an easy request. The Thai's will get jobs doing this with pay. I understand your concern and think we ALL want to help but the government rules are rules so nothing we can do untill someone talks to the Gov and they issue a new law that states we CAN work without work permits. Don't see that happening nd trust me I'm not being sarcastic put I can't even play a song in a bar on my guitar without a work permit LEGALLY.

If farangs start cleaning up it could cause unrest to some Thai's who feel they can be getting paid to do this so as far as the ADMIN pinning this post I don't think that will happen iether.

While I applaud you for your post an your ideas

but I have heard from many Thais in this board

as well as a few farangs

"you are only a guest here"

"It is none of your business, stay out of it"

So me, since I am only a guest here, why would I?

none of my business"

On the other hand, I will continue to do what it is

I do, contribute to the local economy by staying

in Thailand, buying form the local markets and

continuing to raise my family here

I retired at 38, I am not allowed to work here, so I do not.

If they will not let me work here, why would I volunteer here?

Am I allowed to volunteer here?