Where To Donate Clothes In Bkk

Sarpedon

QUOTE(chownah @ 2005-06-15 10:02:05)

QUOTE(petedk @ 2005-06-14 21:20:47)

Try the Holy Redeemer Church in Soi Ruamrudee.

They were extremely grateful when my wife and I donated clothes to them.

This is a joke, right?

No Joke.

The clothes will get to Fr. Joe Maier's group Human Development Center in Klong Toey slums.

No it's not a joke. I have seen many people donate clothes there. The clothes are sent to different charities and also directly to poor people up country through local churches.

We donated a load of clothes to the Thai Red Cross. They were about as thankful and helpful as if we had given them herpes. They actually tried to tell us to bring them back during proper office hours.

Next time, stuff will go to the church.

If somebody want to help and visit and orphanage, you can go there in BKK:

1. "Ban Rajvithi" where little girls stay

http://www.rajvithihome.org/banraj_eng.html

2. "Ban dek-on phyathai" where you will see babies there.

http://www.phyathaibabieshome.com/

You can bring and give what you want (no cigarettes please ;-) ) and have some time with the kids.

• 2 months later...

Wat Suan Kaew

news

Name of organisation: Suan Kaew Foundation

Address: Wat Suan Kaew, Bang Yai district, Nonthaburi 11140

Contact person: Duangjai Thitiyaruck

Tel: 595-1444, 595-1945-7

Fax: 595-1222

Savings account name: Phra Payom Kalayano

Savings account number: 269-2-24072-6

Bank name and branch: Thai Farmers Bank, Bang Yai branch

Please send or fax a copy of the deposit to the above address so the foundation can issue every donor a receipt.

---

ps. BANKSY's rocks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There are poor folks everywhere. Just put them in trash bags buy your trash cans and they'll be gone before the garbage collectors get to them. Most commonly, I see local construction workers often end up wearing my old clothes.

:o

We always stuff our luggage with clothes, usually what we find in thrift shops. Most are new... overstock donated by various stores or from stores that are liquidating their stock. My wife is a stickler in choosing the very best quality for next to nothing, no noticable flaws (if any) to give to family and friends in Thailand who have very little income.

Nearly all, kids and adults alike, are thrilled to get them and don't usually know or care where they came from. But there are a few whiners. We gave brand new Levis 501 (not from any thrift shop either) to some of the older boys in their 20s. Those things are bloody expensive even if they're on sale. So what did the kids do? Complained that they were fake, even though we assured they were the genuine thing with labels, price tags and all. That was the last time they got anything like that again. They can run around naked for all I care after that episode.

Edited by AmeriThai

There are poor folks everywhere.  Just put them in trash bags buy your trash cans and they'll be gone before the garbage collectors get to them.    Most commonly, I see local construction workers often end up wearing my old clothes.

:o

Yes this is the minimum any white face guest in this country should do.

• 4 years later...
  • 1 month later...