Decent Sandwich

MZurf

I'm looking for a place where I can get a good sandwich and that opens earlier that the malls.

I am thinking of a place (not Subway) that sells freshly baked baguettes with a choice of Brie or Camembert and other types of cheese, cold cuts, salamis etc.

Surely a place fitting this description can be found in Pattaya?

Subs 'n Suds on Soi Yamoto (Soi 13/1) 100 meters from Beach Road. Not the cheapest, but the quality can't be beat.

I will go over and try their hamburgers this week. I am on a quest to find an excellent hamburger made locally. Unfortunately, despite my best efforts I am failing.

I have tried so many local establishments from inexpensive to the very costly and each and every one regardless of what they charge for a hamburger uses Thai beef. This of course makes it barely eatable. There is an excellent alternative that many restaurants charge enough to afford to use, but don’t, which is imported Australian ground beef.

To date, without question and as sad as this is to say, BurgerKings double-meat Whopper is hands-down the best burger I can get in Pattaya or Jomtien. I tried the burger at Dairy-Queens Grill on the 5th floor of Central last week and it was not bad, at least they use real beef, but BK’s is still better.

Any recommendations on establishments that use imported Australian beef would be appreciated and I will give them a try.

Subs 'n Suds on Soi Yamoto (Soi 13/1) 100 meters from Beach Road. Not the cheapest, but the quality can't be beat.

I will go over and try their hamburgers this week. I am on a quest to find an excellent hamburger made locally. Unfortunately, despite my best efforts I am failing.

I have tried so many local establishments from inexpensive to the very costly and each and every one regardless of what they charge for a hamburger uses Thai beef. This of course makes it barely eatable. There is an excellent alternative that many restaurants charge enough to afford to use, but don’t, which is imported Australian ground beef.

To date, without question and as sad as this is to say, BurgerKings double-meat Whopper is hands-down the best burger I can get in Pattaya or Jomtien. I tried the burger at Dairy-Queens Grill on the 5th floor of Central last week and it was not bad, at least they use real beef, but BK’s is still better.

Any recommendations on establishments that use imported Australian beef would be appreciated and I will give them a try.

And how much is it currently for such a whopper menu set these days.If I'm not mistaken the double whopper must be around 280 Baht.

Thank you but then I choose for a real steak with fries in the arcade for 230 Baht.

And how much is it currently for such a whopper menu set these days.If I'm not mistaken the double whopper must be around 280 Baht.

Thank you but then I choose for a real steak with fries in the arcade for 230 Baht.

I don't really know what the price is, I don't pay too much attention and just order what I like. And I don't like Thai beef. I like Thai chicken and pork, but not the beef.

I don't know where the arcade is, but if I did I would give it a try. But, I don't think you are getting an imported Australian steak for 230 Baht. Most of the ones I have tried are at least 500 Baht.

I don't really know what the price is, I don't pay too much attention and just order what I like. And I don't like Thai beef. I like Thai chicken and pork, but not the beef.

I don't know where the arcade is, but if I did I would give it a try. But, I don't think you are getting an imported Australian steak for 230 Baht. Most of the ones I have tried are at least 500 Baht.

The arcade,as we call it,is opposite mike shopping mall on 2nd road that has Kiss food at the corner.The restaurant I'm talking about is called My Way.No Idea if it is imported or thai beef but it is soft and tastes realy good.Big portion of beef aswell.In the same location you also have the Beefeater which is about double the price and apart from that the presenation and accomodation is fancier I don't see a reason why it is double price.

Edited by basjke

I'm thinking more in the lines of a bakery where they make their own baguettes and where they also have a good selection of cheeses, cold cuts etc. Surely there must be such a place here somewhere. I have found one in Koh Chang and sometimes crave that delicious sandwich when home in Pattaya.

I realize the OP mentioned something open before the malls, but....The grocery store in the basement of Central mall has some huge and tasty sandwiches in a deli case for around 150Baht. I like the egg salad sandwich of theirs. Or just a 30 second walk from there are the Double Whoppers. Hands down the best non-home made burgers.

I thought the patties in the BurgerKing burgers were made from local floor scrapings ??

I do agree with the imported Aus meat though, I use it at home for my burgers with bread rolls from the continetal bakery in Soi Khao Noi, fookin lush.

Cafe Uno used to punch out the best burgers, Aussie style burger with the lot, awesome feed, sadly Uno no longer exists.

Edited by Spoonman

I think Burgers really (should/do) have their own, separate category. And, ok, to each their own, etc. But, Burger King has the best burger in town... ?? Whoa, dude!

The picture looks like my home-made burgers I was talking about. Where are these burgers to be found? EVERY burger I have had in Pattaya resaurants was either crappy or so tiny that they don't satisfy my little body.

I'm thinking more in the lines of a bakery where they make their own baguettes and where they also have a good selection of cheeses, cold cuts etc. Surely there must be such a place here somewhere. I have found one in Koh Chang and sometimes crave that delicious sandwich when home in Pattaya.

Did you try Foodland by now?

I realize the OP mentioned something open before the malls, but....The grocery store in the basement of Central mall has some huge and tasty sandwiches in a deli case for around 150Baht.

+1. I often get one of those rather than anything from the food court but then eat it in the food court washed down by a Singha.

I thought the patties in the BurgerKing burgers were made from local floor scrapings ??

I do agree with the imported Aus meat though, I use it at home for my burgers with bread rolls from the continetal bakery in Soi Khao Noi, fookin lush.

Cafe Uno used to punch out the best burgers, Aussie style burger with the lot, awesome feed, sadly Uno no longer exists.

i was at cafe uno about 3 weeks ago and was told for sale by owner-----------is it closed now ?

Did you try Foodland by now?

Not yet but I will - thanks!

I followed “basjke” recommendation and tried Subs 'n Suds on Soi Yamoto (Soi 13/1) for lunch today.

I asked the owner who was there and is a nice guy if they made their hamburgers from imported beef and he said, “No”. So, they were out.

I ordered the French Dip, Onion Rings and a Coke and the total came to 332.

They make their own roast beef and ajus sauce and it was excellent. It came on a toasted sub roll with cheese. I love French Dips and this one was very good, I hope I have not been here too long that I forgot what they taste like. I will defiantly have it again.

The onion rings were also very good, much better than fast food restaurant. They were also homemade.

The owner said about 90% of his business is takeout and his best seller by far is the Philly-Steak. Maybe I will try that the next time. The place could use a coat of paint and does not have any air-conditioning. With that percentage of takeout business it tells you he has a large following of repeat customers. Too bad he is not in a much better location or maybe he would be able to make some good money with the restaurant.

Overall I would recommend it and I will certainly go back and try other things on the menu.

OK, this is a different style but the Scandanavian smorrebrod at The Admiral's Pub, Jomtien are excellent and reasonably priced. They are on the small side (which is authentic) so one may not be enough though.

http://www.admiralspub.dk/Our_menu_OpenFaced.htm

Uh, nice website with everything blinking .... :)

How much is "reasonably priced"?

Normally in Denmark you would have 2-3 pieces for lunch so surely one would not be enough.

Edited by Phil Conners

The prices are on the menu on the link. Many in the 100 baht range. Some are more substantial than others and I agree you need at least two if you are at all hungry. The quality is very good. I can't compare to prices in Scandanavia as I haven't been there since I was a teenager.

Edited by Jingthing

OK, this is a different style but the Scandanavian smorrebrod at The Admiral's Pub, Jomtien are excellent and reasonably priced. They are on the small side (which is authentic) so one may not be enough though.

Normally in Denmark you would have 2-3 pieces for lunch so surely one would not be enough.

If you click on the blinking stuff you will get the menu with the prices stated.

Thanks for the tip JT, I will give this place a try but not for the sandwiches. Being a Scandinavian myself I grew up with open faced sandwiches and I am now more fond of baguettes with a crisp crust filled with Brie cheese and /or salami etc.

If you click on the blinking stuff you will get the menu with the prices stated.

Thanks for the tip JT, I will give this place a try but not for the sandwiches. Being a Scandinavian myself I grew up with open faced sandwiches and I am now more fond of baguettes with a crisp crust filled with Brie cheese and /or salami etc.

Lots of blinking stuff to click on but none of it has prices. I haven't been to Denmark for a long time so I don't know what is the current prices but I'm guessing probably in the area of 150-200 baht a piece and up depending of course of the venue where you buy it.

Lots of blinking stuff to click on but none of it has prices. I haven't been to Denmark for a long time so I don't know what is the current prices but I'm guessing probably in the area of 150-200 baht a piece and up depending of course of the venue where you buy it.

Try clicking on the links indicated in the attachment and you will get the prices.

Adm.pdf