Curfew Violation

Amir

Anyone has recommendation on moving from point A in Rama3 to Point B in Rangsit by car around midnight with wife and daughter...

Do you think this would be a serious violation or not a big deal. Restaurants where open until half past midnight in Rangsit...

Any advice would be great.

My personal advice would be- best case: you have a great meal and the thrill of breaking curfew; worst case: you get stopped by the cops or get caught up in trouble which terrifies your family or worse.

Easy choice for me to make at least. I would postpone nocturnal food cravings by a few days....

on Chaengwattana Road last night, they were forcing some cars to just parkup at the side of the road, and others to turn around. I would avoid traveling more than just round the block.

That is unless you are going for an international flight and you have traveling documents.

You need a letter from your company, if possible, or from someone in authority, in Thai, explaining why you are breaking the curfew. That and your passport or ID card. I work at night for a news organisation and drove home about 10pm on Friday, but with these documents.

I encountered one roadblock on a side road in Klong Toey that was not police or army and managed to detour around it. That is what you have to be most careful of, so stick to the main roads. I saw two parked vehicles near Penang market on Rama III with flashing red lights and two elsewhere, but I wasn't stopped. I also saw a couple of taxis.

That was only a 7-kilometre trip. I would not want to go as far as Rangsit. Without the equivalent of a curfew pass you could be asked to park at a police station until the curfew ends. I think there could be a fine as well. You would certainly be checked if you tried to take the expressway. I doubt the booths would have toll collectors but I think they would be guarded.

It's eerie driving at speed along such deserted streets. I made the trip in record time.

Actually not worth a response, BUT to take a chance with your wife & kids' lives and putting them in harms way by taking the advise of complete strangers on a website sounds like a great way to weed out the gene pool.

p.s. Is my post politically correct??????

I always see a taxi or car driving in bangkok after curfew whats the deal? They are not enforcing the the curfew or law, I think its bullshit.

And if you are caught, I won't be so sure you would call this bullshit, play with fire and you will get it, real shit...

I always see a taxi or car driving in bangkok after curfew whats the deal? They are not enforcing the the curfew or law, I think its bullshit.

How do you know that the taxis you saw don't have permission to break the curfew. Also, just because you commit a crime doesn't mean you will get caught. The police can't be everywhere at once. I wouldn't call this bullshit. It's the same with all crimes. Just because someone doesn't get caught doesn't mean laws aren't being enforced.

I was out last night, its like the police don't realize they can still go out on curfew... taxis are non existant and i had to walk home but otherwise nothing was happening. My dads girlfriend who is thai told me with a thai speaker its ok, and as long as you are friendly they just want to see photo ID. So if you choose to move about, take some photo ID with you and a Thai speaker if you can. Also if you are in a car you might go through a check point or 2, I had this happen on the first night of the curfew in my Indian friends car, they popped the boot had a quick check of the car and him and told us to go home. Didn't ask for money or threaten us or anything, were very friendly.