Thai Government Accuses Foreigners In Bangkok Arson

webfact

So, clearly, both the PAD and the UDD have threatened to burn buildings. And both of them were armed and shot people.

If your point is that both groups were wrong, you are correct.

FINALLY! If I had a 1/4 baht for every time some idiot told me, "Well the yellow shirts did X, so that makes everything fine," I'd be rich.

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

So, clearly, both the PAD and the UDD have threatened to burn buildings. And both of them were armed and shot people.

Yep. And I'm also correct in that Abhisit needs to do something about the apparent double standards in Thai society, otherwise he will just deepen and worsen the divide. There needs to be something done fast about the problems in Thailand, or we'll see much worse in the future, I'm afraid.

I would normally agree with you, but it has become pretty obvious that the poor are just being taken for a ride. Their leaders are just using them for their own ends and have no plans to significantly better their lives - very sad really. :)

Very sad.

No actually I said "I don't think he was acting or repeating anybody's words in my opinion".

What part of that is confusing to you?

None of it confuses me, you were quite clear. You said you don't think he was repeating anybody's words which suggests to me you think these are his own words and he wasn't just repeating something he had heard. So if he wasn't repeating something he heard from the stage / the redshirts then it must have been his own idea.

Well......

Pattaya has always ben the home for loonies that can't make it in their home Countries.

It is mostly these foreigners that carry guns and run all the SHIT in Pattay, Phuket you name it, under the guise of their "Thai wifes".

Get rid of them and Thailand will be beautiful once again.

I hope they catch this guy.

I have lived in Thailand for more than 25 years and the errosion of their culture started when wannabe gangsters such as this looney take advanatage of the lax Thai laws that allows them to be the best people in the world.

Suppose the laws must be tightened to stop the rot....!!!

What was this guy thinking. Not enough action in Pattaya, he had to loot the gold from Bangkok stores.

GUILTY AS hel_l, lucky this guy caight him on video... that is how stupid he really is...

This is the kind of "proof" that will never stand up in any court, not even in Burma, but in Thailand it does, because the judges are sitting on any given chair. A youtube video? What a joke, it could have been cut fifteen times and taken out of context.

I could make a Youtube video in which it appears that Suthep or Abhisit told the people to set fire to it. It is just a matter of cutting and pasting.

Besides if I tell the yellow shirts to occupy the airports and they do it, am I to blame?

1 :) Propoganda. The proof of the matter is that a crime has been committed. The crime is not necessarily burning something down, but incitement is a crime in most civilised countries.

if you go in german and you say somenthings in thai on the road against the governament is the same? than incitement is also if you are not one leader? i mean, if is a crime the leaders of red must to be killed in the public road now and burn their body in front of all people! they do for 2 month every single minute.

Try doing it in Arabic or Farsi, and see how long you last.

Threats of arson, grand theft and causing great damage are taken seriously.

Yep. And I'm also correct in that Abhisit needs to do something about the apparent double standards in Thai society, otherwise he will just deepen and worsen the divide. There needs to be something done fast about the problems in Thailand, or we'll see much worse in the future, I'm afraid.

Well how about Abhisit goes on TV tomorrow and announces that all the Red and PAD leaders are going to have their trials start in 30 days. The legal system needs to get its ass in gear to prepare evidence and charges against the reds, but where there is a will there is a way. 30 days should be enough. In addition, he is putting 40 names of judges into a hat the day before and they will be randomly drawn the day the trial starts.

The names of the sitting judges will not be made public, TV will be allowed in the court room, but the names and faces of the judges will not be made public.

He insists that all of the defendents cancel all public engagements for 30 days after the court date as this should be sufficient to render a judgement. No stays, no extensions, lets get on with sorting this mess out. Even handed, random and fair. If 40 judges isn't a random enough sample, make it 50 or 60.

It would be a start wouldn't it.

The govt wants him 'cos he incriminates someone everytime he opens his mouth.

He has already implicated the leadership saying how they have planned the attacks.

He has incriminated the black shirts.

he has even mentioned plans to restart the violence.

This guys is a gold mine!!! True or not excellent fodder for the govt to use against the reds.

Without a doubt.

Well......

Pattaya has always ben the home for loonies that can't make it in their home Countries.

It is mostly these foreigners that carry guns and run all the SHIT in Pattay, Phuket you name it, under the guise of their "Thai wifes".

I have lived in Thailand for more than 25 years and the errosion of their culture started when wannabe gangsters such as this looney take advanatage of the lax Thai laws that allows them to be the best people in the world.

What was this guy thinking. Not enough action in Pattaya, he had to loot the gold from Bangkok stores.

GUILTY AS hel_l, lucky this guy caight him on video... that is how stupid he really is...

65 mn Thais corrupted by less than 1mn long staying foreigners. Next you are going to say that foreigners invented prostitution in Thailand too.

I know we are in a buddhist country, but I suggest you remove that massive Thai plank from your eye before you worry about the speck in someone else's.

Be Careful You are probably right but you might be held culpable.

Bye Bye Savage - you crazy loon.

The man was identified by the British media as Jeff Savage, a resident of the seaside resort of Pattaya, east of Bangkok. In interviews he reportedly defended his conduct but said he did not take part in the arson attack.

Hi Jeff, I don't think that you can read this. Should any relatives read this, he's a moron.

Better take him back to give him his Haldol medication. (Old name was Haloperidol.). Hope not to see any more Jeffs.

warning

several flames and an innocent reply to it removed.

If name calling and attacking members does not stop I will issue a ban not a suspension.

Please consider this before you post

7) Not to post slurs or degrading comments directed towards any group on the basis of race, nationality, religion, gender or sexual orientation.

This thread is chock full of such slurs - everything from accusations of being a nation of paedophiles to a nation of scum - if anything moderation seems to have missed this thread completely so far.

Edited by wolf5370

This is the kind of "proof" that will never stand up in any court, not even in Burma, but in Thailand it does, because the judges are sitting on any given chair. A youtube video? What a joke, it could have been cut fifteen times and taken out of context.

I could make a Youtube video in which it appears that Suthep or Abhisit told the people to set fire to it. It is just a matter of cutting and pasting.

Besides if I tell the yellow shirts to occupy the airports and they do it, am I to blame?

1 :) Propoganda. The proof of the matter is that a crime has been committed. The crime is not necessarily burning something down, but incitement is a crime in most civilised countries.

if you go in german and you say somenthings in thai on the road against the governament is the same? than incitement is also if you are not one leader? i mean, if is a crime the leaders of red must to be killed in the public road now and burn their body in front of all people! they do for 2 month every single minute.

I mean, nobody can understand him, many of the red come from upcountry they never see one of us, if i talk in my language i can send to hel_l one police man easy( only example)only that, him wrong and is guilty, and him must to pay, we must stay outside this things, is not our country.

No actually I said "I don't think he was acting or repeating anybody's words in my opinion".

None of it confuses me, you were quite clear. You said you don't think he was repeating anybody's words which suggests to me you think these are his own words and he wasn't just repeating something he had heard. So if he wasn't repeating something he heard from the stage / the redshirts then it must have been his own idea.

I think he heard it on stage and parroted it back. Like a few people here (ahem), he doesn't have an IQ high enough to put more than a few words together by himself. But that said, I think he took the message to heart and planned to be a good soldier in helping to carry it out.

not surprised the redshirt would use this man from this inbreed country as a scapegoat

Guess you're not surprised that he would be in a mental hospital back home.

Here's a nice place in Ubon Ratchatani called : Si Maha Poo.

They'll fix his brain. I just hate to hear from my neighborhood what's wrong with these guys, sometimes also called Baksida.

SOM NAM NA. There's no excuse in a State of Emergency.

He did a lot of damage to other -non violent- farlangs.

Get this guy out here. Haloperidol will help him to not understand what's all around him.

Guess he was a teacher right? A TEFL or TESOL mentally destroyed guy.

And too many third genders around for free. Shame on this guy. Also the CM Muppet skinny asshol_e.

Edited by Sisaketmike

What is the matter with all of you there has been 2 months of demonstration 4 to 5 days of outright and wilful damage shooting thuggery etc etc by the Thais (so called Red shirts) and you are talking about some minor incident by some Brit.

The next thing it was all an international conspiracy and nothing to do with with Thai people and their feelings about how their country is being run.

Sorry is already an international conspiracy, some days ago the CRES said that all video in internet was a fake and international media only thake video and pic against the soldier that shoot at civilian....cnn and bbc only put all article agaist thai governament....someone remember that?

I like to entertain the idea of "international conspiracy". Has there been any clear evidence on this theory on mayhem in Bangkok?

Edited by yllorco

Well how about Abhisit goes on TV tomorrow and announces that all the Red and PAD leaders are going to have their trials start in 30 days. The legal system needs to get its ass in gear to prepare evidence and charges against the reds, but where there is a will there is a way. 30 days should be enough. In addition, he is putting 40 names of judges into a hat the day before and they will be randomly drawn the day the trial starts.

The names of the sitting judges will not be made public, TV will be allowed in the court room, but the names and faces of the judges will not be made public.

He insists that all of the defendents cancel all public engagements for 30 days after the court date as this should be sufficient to render a judgement. No stays, no extensions, lets get on with sorting this mess out. Even handed, random and fair. If 40 judges isn't a random enough sample, make it 50 or 60.

It would be a start wouldn't it.

Agreed, this would be good all around.

And yes start PAD's trials out too.

Let's just clear the air COMPLETELY.

PAD set the Silver standard for this stuff,

but Red have passed Gold and went right for Platinum.

There is an abundance of incrimination that I can see,

more than enough to pick the best for a court.

I feel it's pretty safe to say he wasn't repeating anybody's words and fabricated those sentences all by himself. This means that I think "these are his own words and he wasn't just repeating something he heard".

I'm sorry this was so difficult for you, I didn't mean to put you on the spot nor make you say something, err nonsensical. :)

I wonder how many of the red-shirts said exactly the same sort of thing... my guess is thousands.

This guy is obviously a total moron, but to pick him out because he is white is just plain racist.

No he is being picked out because he walked up to a stranger with a camara

and said things totally beyond reason. He did this, never considering

it would be on Youtube in days. And then suddenly Central world is burning

and Gold shops looted and he is pictured in the red guards company smiling like a total pratt.

Nothing racist in this, he hung himself up to dry.

A Red classic -

FAN-BLOODY-TASTIC! THANK YOU FOR PUTTING THAT ON THE BOARD!

Sorry to post in this forum but I have an urgent question if anybody know about the post titled

UNDER DETENTION?

Uproar as red-shirt leaders have an easy life

where pictures of red leaders seem to enjoy their new life in detention. Can somebody verify this?

thanks

I recall a phrase I learned in 8th grade history class. : "The sun never sets on the British Empire" now I know what it means. Half the worlds problems today can be traced back to Colonial England. The rape of S.E. Asia is a perfect example. From the opium wars in China to the Military government in Burma today. They have fked up more countries worldwide and walked away. Just look at the history of the Mid East in the last 100 years. Thanks a lot you wonderful Brits and please get your colonial butts out of Ireland. You arrogant heathens.

Mmm...heathens?

The land of Shakespere, Shelley and Dickens? Of Cook, Raleigh and Scott?

Nelson, Wellington, Churchill...Newton, Hawking and Sir Tim Berners-Lee...the man who invented the internet :)

I think you need some geography/physics/history etc etc lessons :D

But to get back on topic. The bloke is obviously a clown, his country of birth is irrelevant.

RAZZ

Edited by RAZZELL

:D

He belongs to the race of "anus footballus" they can be found in most European countries - usually on Saturdays and Sundays on football grounds fighting with the law. Sometimes they venture abroad and love to join local anuses who they consider their brothers in any riots available. Makes them feel at home ...... :)

Thanks for a good laugh ;-)

What is the matter with all of you there has been 2 months of demonstration 4 to 5 days of outright and wilful damage shooting thuggery etc etc by the Thais (so called Red shirts) and you are talking about some minor incident by some Brit.

The next thing it was all an international conspiracy and nothing to do with with Thai people and their feelings about how their country is being run.

Sorry is already an international conspiracy, some days ago the CRES said that all video in internet was a fake and international media only thake video and pic against the soldier that shoot at civilian....cnn and bbc only put all article agaist thai governament....someone remember that?

I like to entertain the idea of "international conspiracy". Has there been any clear evidence on this theory on mayhem in Bangkok?

Thaksin, Hun Sen, Sea Daeng, Chavalit, bloodied brothers.

Is there a provebable connection right now, hard to tell,

is there reasons for reasonable suspicions.... surely.

Hun Sen certainly wants Thaksin in office more than Abhisit.

How far would he go... maybe ask Viet Nam that question?

I wonder how many of the red-shirts said exactly the same sort of thing... my guess is thousands.

This guy is obviously a total moron, but to pick him out because he is white is just plain racist.

No he is being picked out because he walked up to a stranger with a camara

and said things totally beyond reason. He did this, never considering

it would be on Youtube in days. And then suddenly Central world is burning

and Gold shops looted and he is pictured in the red guards company smiling like a total pratt.

Nothing racist in this, he hung himself up to dry.

I agree 100%.

He was a white guy, in an Asian country, breaking the laws of that country. Therefore, he should be punished in accordance with the laws of that country.

Shameful behaviour from uneducated, manipulated Thais - even less excusable from a Westerner.

The situation looks really bad for Mr. Savage, I'll guess...

Thai jails is not supposed to be the most comfortable in the world!

As I wrote in a previous posting:

It was forbidden for foreigners to participate in the demonstrations. He had a choice of either follow the laws or not. He decided not to. Thereby he also accepted the penalty. He should be more careful about himself. Especially being a guest in a foreign country.

I don't believe he get death penalty. But he will receive a very long long-term visa in this country for sure.

The man is derailed and is capable of doing all sorts of stupid things, just because it gives life a meaning to him. Some here may feel sorrow for him. Sorrow for a human being of doing wrong in life, yes. But as a person, he made his choices. Every person have to take the responsibility of their actions. If not, we're not suited in a civilized society.

Edited by xenomorph

A Red classic -

FAN-BLOODY-TASTIC! THANK YOU FOR PUTTING THAT ON THE BOARD!

Sorry to post in this forum but I have an urgent question if anybody know about the post titled

UNDER DETENTION?

Uproar as red-shirt leaders have an easy life

where pictures of red leaders seem to enjoy their new life in detention. Can somebody verify this?

thanks

I think they might be real, but old, and the dates are faked. If you zoom in on the date in one of them, the year is totally screwed up. I'm not a red supporter by any means, but I did zoom in on the dates and some looked fake to me.

TheBarbarian' 2010-05-22 2This is the kind of "proof" that will never stand up in any court, not even in Burma, but in Thailand it does, because the judges are sitting on any given chair. A youtube video? What a joke, it could have been cut fifteen times and taken out of context.

I mean, nobody can understand him, many of the red come from upcountry they never see one of us, if i talk in my language i can send to hel_l one police man easy( only example)only that, him wrong and is guilty, and him must to pay, we must stay outside this things, is not our country.

I know plenty of people from Issan that would understand him well enough.

I also know most americans don't understand Farsi, but the language isn't the only issue.

He made threats of destruction on video that was clearly NOT EDITED.

Down for the 8 count seems a foregone conclusion.

Guy should have taken a powder yesterday or earlier.

I dont know, only what they said and show in television,they show a foto were 5 people was dead and show the same foto whitout that 4 person so that was a fake, and they complain about.

Then they show that there was some black shirt shoot to the police whit one M79( some said was not an M79 in TV also) and they said that the international media dont show that video.

i think you can find that in TV, my thai is better than :) my english

Well......

Scum attracts scum. I do not think that farangs like the "arsonist lunatic" have much influence on general Thai culture. The average Thai does not even think much about such guys besides shaking their heads and laughing.

As the decent and quiet farang that I am, I have not had any problem in 18 years that a Thai blamed me for (or compared me to) the rogue behavior of some "scum-farang" in Pattaya or whereever. I think Thailand is a place where you do not automatically have a tag "guilty" on your forehead for having a different skin-color. That is not so in many places of Europe.

Those farangs who feel pursued or being treated badly should think of their own behavior first. Again, scum attracts scum.

Edited by deepskyfreak