R/c Car Problem. Will Not Start

So I thought myself and my little 4 year old can make noise in our Soi just as much as our Thai village. We bought a fuel RC and all is ok, except that the dam_n thing does not start.

The manual is in horrible English but it has helpful pics on what to do to start the car.

The steps that it says must be done is as follows:

1. Pump the button on the fuel tank to send fuel to the carburetor (clear pipe, so it can be seen moving)

2. Cover the carb exhaust and pull the pulley 2 or 3 times to make sure fuel is inside.

3. Place the battery starter on the point (this is a portable nicad battery thingy that when fully charged, can give the juice to start the engine.

4. Pull the pulley to turn engine and then remove the battery thingy.

Nothing happens. There is an addendum to the manual that says the carb is fine tuned for a quick first start and then adjust the idling needle accordingly. Without the engine going, I cannot see how I can adjust the needle.

What I have done so far.

Adjust the idle needle on the carb 30 degrees at a time and try to start the engine.

Battery for the point is fully charged

What I think I have done wrong.

1. Salesman said to use gasonline 95. I thought these cars use more refined fuel, similar to aviation fuel?

2. Flooded the carb. I have to empty the fuel tank and carb. I did that today and still the same.

Any ideas?

Much appreciated.

Yes, I am a complete novice at this.