Have You Lost Or Gained Weight While Staying In The Los

tigerfish

have you lost weight due to a better diet intake compared to what you used to eat back home. do you eat far more vegetables and fruit now, a long with a lot more thai food. exercise regulary in the heat and sweat it off.

or have you gained weight due to the fact of drinking to much cheap alcohol. do you have a dodgy stomach and therefore it restricts what you can eat on the spicy front. or is it down to those late night trips to the nearest 7/11 store for a cheese-bite that is stretching your wasteline.

I actually eat better at home....

When we do our yearly 3 months or so in Thailand no matter the heat etc... I gain some.

Too many carbs ....also sugar added whether you know it or not :)

Also due to the heat/visiting family etc at the time of year we go... I am exercising less in LOS than home.

In three years I am up at least 25 lbs. I have been eating far more fish, vegetables and fruit than ever before, but I guess it is the rice and thick curry soup which I love. However I get less exercise (walking) due to the heat and areas not particularly suited for walking (gravel roads, annoyed dogs, too much traffic depending on which city/village I am in). Looking forward to dropping some weight back in the USA as odd as that sounds.

Edit: I am a non-drinker so can't blame the weight gain on beer.

Edited by Lopburi99

In three years I am up at least 25 lbs. I have been eating far more fish, vegetables and fruit than ever before, but I guess it is the rice and thick curry soup which I love. However I get less exercise (walking) due to the heat and areas not particularly suited for walking (gravel roads, annoyed dogs, too much traffic depending on which city/village I am in). Looking forward to dropping some weight back in the USA as odd as that sounds.

Maybe you should start Lop? One cold beer has less calories than two warm ones. :)

Maybe you should start Lop? One cold beer has less calories than two warm ones. :)

And a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.

Just be careful which bird's...

Tigerfish

Are you saying that drinking CHEAP alcohol makes you put weight on,not quite sure what you mean.So if a bar is selling chang at 35 bht and a bar is selling for 80 baht,you will put weight on,in the cheap bar????

Tigerfish

Are you saying that drinking CHEAP alcohol makes you put weight on,not quite sure what you mean.So if a bar is selling chang at 35 bht and a bar is selling for 80 baht,you will put weight on,in the cheap bar????

It certainly might make you consider drinking a few more at 35 baht. :)

I went up first because of all the sugars oils and other stuff in Thai food. After starting to cook for myself and working out a lot i lost weigh and later gained it again in muscle. I look better then i ever have. I am still not happy as i want to loose some more fat at some places. But its a dam hard fight even with the right food and exercise.

Anyway i have learned that its better to cook her for yourself if you gain weight easy (like i do).

Exercise is fine but its futile without a good diet (found that out the first year i was here). I trained hard but only got fatter only started to loose it after i did not go to Thai restaurants anymore.

Now i work out around 4-5 times a week and eat healthy, i feel a lot better too. I still go to sizzler / black canyon or other some Thai food once in a while, you cant uphold a strict diet forever. Its better to let go occasionally then to destroy your whole diet. With diet i don't mean eating almost nothing but just a healthy food plan.

I went up first because of all the sugars oils and other stuff in Thai food. After starting to cook for myself and working out a lot i lost weigh and later gained it again in muscle. I look better then i ever have. I am still not happy as i want to loose some more fat at some places. But its a dam hard fight even with the right food and exercise.

Anyway i have learned that its better to cook her for yourself if you gain weight easy (like i do).

Exercise is fine but its futile without a good diet (found that out the first year i was here). I trained hard but only got fatter only started to loose it after i did not go to Thai restaurants anymore.

Now i work out around 4-5 times a week and eat healthy, i feel a lot better too. I still go to sizzler / black canyon or other some Thai food once in a while, you cant uphold a strict diet forever. Its better to let go occasionally then to destroy your whole diet. With diet i don't mean eating almost nothing but just a healthy food plan.

Rob, when you become successful please let us know. I would hate to start exercising if it doesn't really help.

Rob, when you become successful please let us know. I would hate to start exercising if it doesn't really help.

James

That was very funny,especialy coming from a Manc lol

Once im successful ill write a book and sell it :)

Im not saying exercise does not help, im just saying that its hard work and doesn't go fast. And James if you start working out and don't change anything about your diet it wont help much weight wise. You will however get more energy and feel better. I am just saying loosing weight is hard work for some of us (me) others dont have problems with it. But its a blessing too those who gain fat easy usually gain muscle easier too. Then you got the genetic freaks who loose fat easy and gain muscle easy and those make you cry :D

robblok. i didnt know you had a fetish side to you that included having a little nibble now and again of the good lady wife :)

robblok. i didnt know you had a fetish side to you that included having a little nibble now and again of the good lady wife :)

I have my share of fetishes but i fail to see where in my post i hinted at that.

YOYO, same as back home but as I am getting old its harder to peel off than put on...

Right now I am going through a serious farang food phase and hoping that the influx of veg (as opposed to rice and meat, or just plain fish) with my meat and fish is going to help. More antioxidents and what not.

I need to turn my family pack back into a six pack before I turn forty or I'm doomed to a sentance of Moobs and jelly belly. I loose tone wayyyyy faster than I build it these days.

when i first came to live here 6 years ago i was about 85 kgs

i lost about 10 kgs in about 6 months after due to the heat suppressing my appetite, i dont eat the stodgy food like i did back home.

ive gained back acouple of kgs but remained under 80 kgs which im happy about

YOYO, same as back home but as I am getting old its harder to peel off than put on...

Right now I am going through a serious farang food phase and hoping that the influx of veg (as opposed to rice and meat, or just plain fish) with my meat and fish is going to help. More antioxidents and what not.

I need to turn my family pack back into a six pack before I turn forty or I'm doomed to a sentance of Moobs and jelly belly. I loose tone wayyyyy faster than I build it these days.

Most people loose it faster then when they build it. A while back i got RSI from working too hard behind my computer and could not workout for 2 months it took me a long while to get back to the pre RSI status.

Hey lop, the rest of the world works in kilograms. :) .

I'm similar to you, Ive put on weight in LOS, but I only run 10km's per day here because of the heat, compared with 25km's per day back home. Also I cant swim here, water too filthy and I don't have a pool. I have increased my indoor exercises significantly but I think all the sugar in stuff combined with delightful curries etc has made me put on weight. 25lbs, thats about 100kg, right? :D

If anyone who cant go to a gym, but wants some advice how to start his / her own home gym just ask me. I can tell you what is best to buy and use so you get it right the first time. I workout at home because the gym's are either far or did not have any free weights.

However i would not advise this for people who have never worked out as you might not know what to do.

I'm similar to you, Ive put on weight in LOS, but I only run 10km's per day here because of the heat, compared with 25km's per day back home. Also I cant swim here, water too filthy and I don't have a pool. I have increased my indoor exercises significantly but I think all the sugar in stuff combined with delightful curries etc has made me put on weight. 25lbs, thats about 100kg, right? :D

If you run 10km a day and still put on weight then your food intake must be wrong. Anyway its good to know that there are other people too who have to work hard to keep it down. I thought i was one of the few.

2.2 pounds to the kilo so about 10k not 100 lol