Have You Lost Or Gained Weight While Staying In The Los

tigerfish

Gained....

Because of the fat food here (OK my wife is half chinese). I can't exercise in Bangkok.

Alcohol is here very expensive in compare to Austria....

Must be so many thai/cinese in Bangkok lol.Why did i know you were from Bangkok pmsl

If anyone who cant go to a gym, but wants some advice how to start his / her own home gym just ask me. I can tell you what is best to buy and use so you get it right the first time. I workout at home because the gym's are either far or did not have any free weights.

However i would not advise this for people who have never worked out as you might not know what to do.

Rob you are confusing me mate.

Why would advise people who have worked out before and not those who have not? Seems to me they are the one's who need the advice?

If anyone who cant go to a gym, but wants some advice how to start his / her own home gym just ask me. I can tell you what is best to buy and use so you get it right the first time. I workout at home because the gym's are either far or did not have any free weights.

However i would not advise this for people who have never worked out as you might not know what to do.

Rob you are confusing me mate.

Why would advise people who have worked out before and not those who have not? Seems to me they are the one's who need the advice?

I mean i would not advise people who have not worked out before start their own home gym. They are better off at a normal gym so they can get a feel for the exercises first. A complete beginner would not know what to do in his / her home gym it might even be dangerous. I don't want that on my conciense.

But i am happy to advise people who have been at a gym before but need to know what they could buy best (IMHO a power rack + adjustable bench for versatility and safety).

In three years I am up at least 25 lbs. I have been eating far more fish, vegetables and fruit than ever before, but I guess it is the rice and thick curry soup which I love. However I get less exercise (walking) due to the heat and areas not particularly suited for walking (gravel roads, annoyed dogs, too much traffic depending on which city/village I am in). Looking forward to dropping some weight back in the USA as odd as that sounds.

Edit: I am a non-drinker so can't blame the weight gain on beer.

Hey lop, the rest of the world works in kilograms. :D .

I'm similar to you, Ive put on weight in LOS, but I only run 10km's per day here because of the heat, compared with 25km's per day back home. Also I cant swim here, water too filthy and I don't have a pool. I have increased my indoor exercises significantly but I think all the sugar in stuff combined with delightful curries etc has made me put on weight. 25lbs, thats about 100kg, right? :D

If you run 10km a day and still put on weight then your food intake must be wrong. Anyway its good to know that there are other people too who have to work hard to keep it down. I thought i was one of the few.

I don't like running, it stresses my ankles, I like swimming, I use to do alot of swimming but can't do that here, theres a pool in my village but doing short laps amoungst heards of people would only result in me getting agro and killing people :D .

I have been doing situps etc but I just love my food so much, sometimes I cant stop eating :D .

Ohhh, when out and about, Im always requesting the coffee shop and various food places put less sugar in my helpings, sugar definately has something to do with it, everything here is laced in sugar :D

I don't drink alcohol, so thats not my problem :)

In three years I am up at least 25 lbs. I have been eating far more fish, vegetables and fruit than ever before, but I guess it is the rice and thick curry soup which I love. However I get less exercise (walking) due to the heat and areas not particularly suited for walking (gravel roads, annoyed dogs, too much traffic depending on which city/village I am in). Looking forward to dropping some weight back in the USA as odd as that sounds.

Edit: I am a non-drinker so can't blame the weight gain on beer.

Hey lop, the rest of the world works in kilograms. :D .

I'm similar to you, Ive put on weight in LOS, but I only run 10km's per day here because of the heat, compared with 25km's per day back home. Also I cant swim here, water too filthy and I don't have a pool. I have increased my indoor exercises significantly but I think all the sugar in stuff combined with delightful curries etc has made me put on weight. 25lbs, thats about 100kg, right? :D

2.2 pounds to the kilo so about 10k not 100 lol

Ohhh, at least I was close then. :D Actually, I was just trying to bring lop out of the dark ages, but then i remembered his home base was the USA & they still operate using gallons, inches, pounds & other stranges measures of measurment :)

I don't like running, it stresses my ankles, I like swimming, I use to do alot of swimming but can't do that here, theres a pool in my village but doing short laps amoungst heards of people would only result in me getting agro and killing people :D .

I have been doing situps etc but I just love my food so much, sometimes I cant stop eating :D .

Ohhh, when out and about, Im always requesting the coffee shop and various food places put less sugar in my helpings, sugar definately has something to do with it, everything here is laced in sugar :)

I don't drink alcohol, so thats not my problem :D

Neverdie, its a misconception that doing situps will help you loose fat around the wraist. There is no such thing as spot fat reduction (unless you go for liposuction :D )

The only thing you can do is just run and be careful with your food intake. Exercise is part of loosing weight but the biggest part is food intake.

I can do all the swimming i want in my village there is almost never anyone in the swimming pool especially during the time the sun shines.

When I moved here from the US back in early 2005 I weighed close to 270 US pounds or 122+ KILOS. :D

Now I weigh between 83-85 KILOS (depending on if I've shat before I weigh myself :D ), or 182.6-187 US pounds.

So moving here I lost nearly 37 KILOS of dead weight (read FAT) :D . Once the weight came off; I was able to stop my high blood pressure meds, my acid reflux med, my chronic allergy meds, and a plethora of other stuff I was on for YEARS in the US.

I eat thai food; veggies and fruit every single day, and rarely ever will indulge in a pizza or US type food. FWIW: I drink a small bottle of ‘SangSom’ (which btw; is thai RUM not whiskey like some thais think :D ) several times a week, but don’t drink beer, or anything else.

I doubt I could maintain the level of weight loss I have experienced here if I were to move back to the US, as the cost of cooking good food in your own home is outweighed by the prevalence of cheap to-go stuff.

Also being somewhat disabled due to a severe spinal injury I rarely exercise, haven't run or ridden a bike in 10+ years and walk with a cane, but still, the weight is off now, and I'm a much happier camper than the pig I was when I arrived. :D

I’m sure a few months in the US and if I returned here I’d look like those fat beer bellied foreigners wearing a Singha singlet & cargo shorts; waddling down the Sukhumvit with a thai ‘girl friend’ who looks like their granddaughter. :)

have you lost weight due to a better diet intake compared to what you used to eat back home. do you eat far more vegetables and fruit now, a long with a lot more thai food. exercise regulary in the heat and sweat it off.

Yes.

Yes.

Yes.

Of course diet and exercise are vital, but I think the heat plays more of a role than most people think.

Ohhh, when out and about, Im always requesting the coffee shop and various food places put less sugar in my helpings, sugar definately has something to do with it, everything here is laced in sugar :)

I don't drink alcohol, so thats not my problem :D

Neverdie, its a misconception that doing situps will help you loose fat around the wraist. There is no such thing as spot fat reduction (unless you go for liposuction :D )

The only thing you can do is just run and be careful with your food intake. Exercise is part of loosing weight but the biggest part is food intake.

I can do all the swimming i want in my village there is almost never anyone in the swimming pool especially during the time the sun shines.

i always found a rowing machine a great way to exercise and use most parts of your body, followed by 20 or so laps of my of my local pool. then about ten minutes of gentle cooling down exercises. but not forgetting to drink lots of fluids while doing so.

have you lost weight due to a better diet intake compared to what you used to eat back home. do you eat far more vegetables and fruit now, a long with a lot more thai food. exercise regulary in the heat and sweat it off.

Yes.

Yes.

Yes.

Of course diet and exercise are vital, but I think the heat plays more of a role than most people think.

I have to agree about the heat, I have stopped running and now if I do go out, walk around the park.

Losing weight steadily now after over 2 years of pigging out.

Will get down to 75kgs this year.

Now I weigh between 83-85 KILOS (depending on if I've shat before I weigh myself :D ), or 182.6-187 US pounds.

From all of that tod, i only gleened that you do 2kg shits :D

Thats a big <deleted> :)

And with that comes a very open invitation to say...

"TD full of <deleted>? who knew?" :D

From all of that tod, i only gleened that you do 2kg shits :D

Thats a big <deleted> :D

And with that comes a very open invitation to say...

"TD full of <deleted>? who knew?" :D

Since you raised the issue, one could also suggest that TD IS NOT full of it. You see 2 kg in 85, only actually represents 2.4% of his body weight :D (sorry I hate to split hairs and all that.....especially the ones on TD's backside) :)

Edited by neverdie

i always found a rowing machine a great way to exercise and use most parts of your body, followed by 20 or so laps of my of my local pool. then about ten minutes of gentle cooling down exercises. but not forgetting to drink lots of fluids while doing so.

It sure is, i bought a spinning bike to do HITT on but to be honest i love pumping iron a lot more and neglect the cardio part. I have heard of many of my friends that rowing on a concept rowing machine is great.

It's a vicious circle.After a long walk there's nothing better than a few singha's to quench your thirst and cool you down.Since arriving in Thailand my weights gone

up and down more times than a hookers knickers.

It sure is, i bought a spinning bike to do HITT on but to be honest i love pumping iron a lot more and neglect the cardio part. I have heard of many of my friends that rowing on a concept rowing machine is great.

Rob, if you are not breathing heavy while you are lifting weights, you need to put some additional plates on the dumb-bell mate.

It's a bit like sex. No pain, no pain.

Rob, if you are not breathing heavy while you are lifting weights, you need to put some additional plates on the dumb-bell mate.

It's a bit like sex. No pain, no pain.

Believe me that i'm breathing heavy especially when doing dead lifts (i love and hate that exercise) or other compounds like squat and benchpress and i do know this helps a bit too for your overall stamina but its not like doing HITT on a bike.