Doi Conviction And Visa Extension

I'm up for a 2nd 1 year extension of a Non-im B visa. After an, unplanned, large quantity of Heinekens I felt I was still able to get my vehicle back home in one piece, but had a slight disagreement on the matter with a very notorious traffic cop. After disagreeing with him on a payment (never let the green bottles do the talking) he had no option but to take me in for an breathalizer test resulting in my fingerprints being taken, 10000 baht bail to be paid and a court date a couple of days later. The ruling was standard: 4000 baht, 1 month suspended jail time with probation periode of 1 year. The same penalty as for Thai, or so I've been told. However, does anyone have experience in regards to this type of "police record" in combination with an application for the extention of a visa? :o

they do check-up on your criminal if they feel that they need too, there is no country would like to have trouble maker in their coutry. they have to deal with their is hard enought.

off-topic: you ever thought that you make hurt other people by drinking and driving :o

Hi beerbelly,

You said' " The ruling was standard: 4000 bhat, 1 month suspended jail sentence ..... "

I don't like the so called 1 month jail sentence. But there is nothing you can do about it.

Legally, you should be ok (if under English jurisprudence). You have not gone to jail, and the most

important legal fact is that you " have not been convicted " by the courts. In conclusion, and

to the best of my knowledge, you should be ok..... even you are in Los. My advise,

" Don't repeat that mistake again ". Choke di nah, krap. Mai mee pan har.

:o

DOI

Driving Outside Intersection

Driving Overseas Irresponsibly

Drove-On Intoxicated

Dozed-Off Imbecile

Dangerous Oaf In-the-car

Dumb Obnoxious Idiot

:o

And then there's D U I Driving Under Influence ( of liquor or a drug )

Highly unlikely to ever cause you grief, but don't get done again :D