Thai Authorities Recommend Week-long Curfew Extension

george

How about things are in order and we would like them to stay in order. Does that work? :)

An extra week long curfew and a Buddhist holiday with no drinking on Friday I bet the bars hate Abhisit I had some respect for him when he eventually sorted out the reds but this Curfew business is bullshit. :D

Would you still say the same, if walking home from a bar late one night

Some drugged up Red shirt slits your throat, thinking he is getting revenge for the loss of face

Most bars are owned by farang

Farang want a good future for there business

Not a quick buck

Better to loose a dollar today for many dollars to come

Most Australians are an embarrassment to australia and the vast majority of bars and nite establishments are owned by Thais.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You should be ok if you have passport and tickets to show...

Don't hate the PM... hate the reds :)

Hate the Reds???? Well you must be clearly one of this misinformed farangs with a yellow sponge instead a brain in his head. Why do you think is it, that the government needs to extend the curfew for another week? Covering up some evidence? Create new ones? Chase down the remaining"Terrorist's???? You better try to think and don't suck up every peace of yellow propaganda will you?

Agree - the blood is still on the boil at their loss. They have now had time to regroup and plan their next moves. They may be leaderless but the new generation of would-be hopefuls have probably stepped up to the plate - no game plan - just more destruction. And the exiled loser has promised them ten baht and a place in his next parliament and 12 virgins if he can find any he hasn't f**ked. :D

On one hand - no one in the right frame of mind will ever vote them in but on the other hand, stupidity and ignorance is bliss. This time shoot on sight if they carry any weapon whatsoever and send a clear message - don't <deleted> with Thailand. :):D :D

.... i guess you mean "dont't <deleted> with a military regime" right??

Re Poster questioning why no attacks by Red in the South. Some observations and comments.

From comments from Thai friends living down South in Songkla it would seem Red are very much in the minority and the Southern areas are pretty solid Yellow country. The the Red leaders statements that they would burn all the mosques in Thailand would not help their popularity.

Thaksin never did much for the southern area. The 30 baht health scheme was started by the Dems( Chuan Lekpai). Tak Bai is still fresh on many peoples mind.

The Reds have said often they have a million members.Maybe that is all they have. The max number of protesters at any one time in BKK did not reach 100,000 . They were noisy , well organised and with excellent propaganda but they are a minority and will stay that way until they join the mainstream process.

The 30 Baht health scheme was started by the the Dems (Chuan Leekpai)????

this will prevent a lot of tourists to come to bangkok for another week.

I wonder how many cancellations I will receive again.

I hope my hotelbar will at least make a decent trade from 12am to 2qm. well that only happens

if there are guests in the hotel. I have bookings all week from people that postponed the trip.

but will they come NOW??

in case somebody wants to know here is my hotel

www.bkktownlodge.com

cheers.

Edited by ringthebells

^^ The health care programme was en-track during the previous administration, though not in the exact form that was delivered. My understanding was that concerns on how to create a long term viable process including suitable funding [again for the long term] was proving to be complex to reconcile.

Regards

PS It is interesting to note that after the policy was enacted, the administration was trying to get one of the major business consultancies to undertake effectively a retro-active funding model. Not surprisingly all approached felt that such a position was untenable.

Edited by A_Traveller

I remember the UK after 1am it wasn't called a curfew but if the police saw you walking down the street they would stop and ask you a million questions and that was any day of the week. The police here must be loving this no key money coming in from the bars that stay open till 4-6am. I sometimes get carried away because the bars don't shut, in away i think its good to see some actual enforcement for a change. Can't wait till they start enforcing the red light traffic laws here or underpaid labour laws would help the poor no end. Most of this problem seems to stem from poor people, most of which are exploted and paid under the minimum wage, the goverment should start an awareness program about how much employers have to pay them by law, that way they would be a bit richer and happier, if the government can be bothered that is.

After the protest you may be amazed at the effect Thai Visa may have on the future

If you feel something is wrong like you state

make a thread and bring this to the attention of the public

Times are tense and the Government want to look like they are doing something

Your small voice just might make a difference if it can gather support

Remember Thiland is a democracy, unlike what the red shirts want you to think

Thailand is a Democracy? A corrupt government who even by the begining of 2009 had closed down 30.000 web sites and since has not only closed down many, many more but has closed down many local radio stations.

There's no need for the curfew to be extended. There were IRA bombers all over the place in Blighty for 40 years and I can't remember any curfews. On 7/7, I took the Central Line to Bank station instead of my usual Hammersmith & City or Circle Line to Aldgate. But for a stroke of luck, I might have been on that carriage with all those poor people but I'm fugged if I was going to let that stop me lashin' it on the weekends.

Life goes on and the Thai authorities would have a better chance of catching these lunatics if they enlisted the help of what is a highly observant Thai public instead of clearing the streets at night.

Your opinion

But I do not agree

Isn't it great we live in a Democracy

Not a dictatorship under Thaskin

I think you need a little reminder in history mate: 2006 when all of this mess got started, it was the GREAT DICTATOR Khun Thaksin who called for new elections. He did not send troops and tanks he played after democratic rules. Your big hero Mr. A. was against Elections at this time and refused it... and guess what???? HE STILL IS......

How about things are in order and we would like them to stay in order. Does that work? :)

An extra week long curfew and a Buddhist holiday with no drinking on Friday I bet the bars hate Abhisit I had some respect for him when he eventually sorted out the reds but this Curfew business is bullshit. :D

Some drugged up Red shirt slits your throat, thinking he is getting revenge for the loss of face

Not a quick buck

Most Australians are an embarrassment to australia and the vast majority of bars and nite establishments are owned by Thais.

Care to differ

I am reffering to "girly bars"

Soi Cowboy

Nana Plaza

Thinks its time you did your research

Owned or Managed by Farang

There's no need for the curfew to be extended. There were IRA bombers all over the place in Blighty for 40 years and I can't remember any curfews. On 7/7, I took the Central Line to Bank station instead of my usual Hammersmith & City or Circle Line to Aldgate. But for a stroke of luck, I might have been on that carriage with all those poor people but I'm fugged if I was going to let that stop me lashin' it on the weekends.

Life goes on and the Thai authorities would have a better chance of catching these lunatics if they enlisted the help of what is a highly observant Thai public instead of clearing the streets at night.

Your opinion

But I do not agree

Isn't it great we live in a Democracy

Not a dictatorship under Thaskin

I think you need a little reminder in history mate: 2006 when all of this mess got started, it was the GREAT DICTATOR Khun Thaksin who called for new elections. He did not send troops and tanks he played after democratic rules. Your big hero Mr. A. was against Elections at this time and refused it... and guess what???? HE STILL IS......

The great Dictatore (as you called him)

Only ever called an election so he could buy a mandate

There was no need to call in the army as Thai's where no killing Thai's in 2006

I think you need a little reminder in history mate:

As you said you have forgotten the PM did call an election in November 2010 over a year earlier than was the democratic rule, it was the Red shirts that would not agree

Oh sorry you forgot this one

History Facts:

A year after the 2005 elections Thaskin disolved the government and had new elections. He couldn't form a government (according to the 1997 constitution) and he also stood down.

The Election Commission invalidated the 2006 election and the king appointed Thaksin as caretaker PM.

Thaksin was a caretaker PM, in the 2006 election he could not form a government because there was not a majority of legally elected TRT MP's.

Not a quick buck

I also wouldn't say the same if I was attacked by Aliens, or for that case grisly bears on my way home its about as likely as being attacked by knife weilding red shirts :D The cabinet has announced an idiotic decision to extend the curfew to between 12 midnight and 4 am until Friday, what a moronic decision! What is it going to achieve? Oh, nearly forgot, Abhisit's house is just round the corner from soi Cowboy at least he knows he can scurry home quickly before the curfew starts :D . I had real problems getting home the other night as predictably taxis were trying to extort pre curfew fares from everyone. I thought things were meant to be back to normal. My view of this Government! :D