Here is the story,

4 monhts ago i find out my wive was playing cards,and had a dept off more than 250.000 thb.

some man came to the house and asking for that amount.Ater a lot of problems i pay.

I told my wive that i will divorce if she play again,she promised to stop.

I STUPID BELIEVED HER.

On 15 may i did go to the hospital in bkk,give my bankcard to her asking her to pay all the bills about 35000 thb, and take the bus to bkk.

In bkk the bank call me and asking me :is your wive alowed to take money from your acc? yes i told them.

I was back in yasothon on 17 may,noboddy home.

the other day i find out that my acc was empty (650.000 thb gone.

Her sister give me the adress wher she was,i pick her up and go to the amd for divorced.(2e stupidety from me)

Now i have to leave los,but no money to go before the 22e of june.So i am a law breaker yet.

I still have the 90 days slip in my pasport and have to go there on 27 july.

what can i do now??????

please no sarcastic answers,but real info

thanks johnyb

There normally is no check of extension of stay status for divorce so do not believe that will be a problem (if that is your question - not really clear). You say your next 90 day report is not due until July 27 but will have money to leave on June 22 so would not seem that was a problem.

There normally is no check of extension of stay status for divorce so do not believe that will be a problem (if that is your question - not really clear). You say your next 90 day report is not due until July 27 but will have money to leave on June 22 so would not seem that was a problem.

thanks lopburi3,

this give me some hope.

if i go out the 22 of june will they not asking way i not get a single entry,my exstension will be ended on the 9th off october.They not checking on the airport?

if not where is the best place to get a tourist visa for 60 days,i have to arange a lot of things in los.

anyway thanks so far

johnyb

Any place should be fine to obtain a single entry (free) tourist visa. They should not be checking your martial status at airport but might point out you will lose your extension of stay without a re-entry permit. But if you were planning to work outside Thailand for awhile, as is often done, that would not be of much concern to you.

As noted, your extension to stay legally in Thailand was based on being married. Now that you are divorced, you've lost that permission. To stay perfectly legal, you should leave the country and obtain either a visa exemption stamp (your profile says you are from Hawaii) that can give you 30 days if done through an airport or 15 days at a land crossing. Or you should obtain a tourist visa (single- or double-entry) which can give you 90-180 days.

If you do not leave the country until June 22 and exit through an airport it's unlikely any sort of marriage-status check will be done. But you would still have been illegally in the country between then and the date of your marriage and could face an overstay fine of up to 20,000 baht.

If you can arrange the funds, a short trip to Vientiane to obtain a double-entry tourist visa is probably best.

Our expert Legal Advisors can provide you a more detailed information about visa requirements, work permit and company legal issues.

sunbelt.jpg

www.sunbeltasia.com

26th Floor Fortune Town BR, 1 Ratchadapisek Rd, 10400 Bangkok

Tel: 02-642-0213 Fax: 02-641-1995

Follow us on:

facebook.png twitter.png