Returning To Thailand 1 Or 2 Weeks Before Visa Expires...how Long Will I Get Stamped In Passport

I will be returning to Thailand within 1 to 2 weeks of the expiry date of my 'O' visa....how long will the immigration officials stamp me in to Thailand...will I get 90 days or just the remaining number of days until my Visa Expires?

IE Visa Expires July 14,2010....travel to Canada June 7-30 returning to BKK at Suvarnhabumi on the 30th June...how many days will the departure card stamp say?

If I'm not mistaking, as long as you enter on a date prior to the visa expiring, you will get another 90 days of stay from the date you enter.

I assume you are talking about a Non Imm O visa?

Edited by neverdie

Just remember the expiration date of your Visa is the last day you can enter the Kingdom under the terms of that Visa. No matter what date you enter, your stay until date will be the full time permitted under that visa. If you have a tourist visa you will get 15, 30, 60 or 90 days depending on what country you are from. If you have a Non-B or Non-O you will get the full 90 days. People often get these dates confused. Visa date is entry permitted until date. Stay date is what they stamp in your passport. Even if you enter on last day of Visa validity you will get the full stay permitted under your visa.

The last day of visa validity is the day before the expiration date printed on the visa.

just curious i have an extension of my non b for another 11 months will it work with that too probably not right?

I lnow with my non b originally i went out 15 days before it expired walked straight back and they gave me another 90 days.

Edited by shadiadi

The last day of visa validity is the day before the expiration date printed on the visa.

just curious i have an extension of my non b for another 11 months will it work with that too probably not right?

I lnow with my non b originally i went out 15 days before it expired walked straight back and they gave me another 90 days.

No, you are on extension of stay.

If you leave the country you need a re-entry permit.

If I'm not mistaking, as long as you enter on a date prior to the visa expiring, you will get another 90 days of stay from the date you enter.

I assume you are talking about a Non Imm O visa?

Thanks gentlemen...very useful replies and much appreciated.

Cheers

shadiadi -- As you are on an extension of stay on a non-immigrant B visa, your situation is different.

Firstly, as noted, you must have a re-entry permit. If you leave the country without one, the visa will be cut short and on return you will not have a visa. You'll end up with a 30-day stamp.

If you travel using the re-entry permit, your original permission-to-stay date (11 months from now) will remain intact. Then, within the last 30 days of that date, you can apply for another extension of stay.

Our expert Legal Advisors can provide you a more detailed information about visa requirements, work permit and company legal issues.

sunbelt.jpg

www.sunbeltasia.com

26th Floor Fortune Town BR, 1 Ratchadapisek Rd, 10400 Bangkok

Tel: 02-642-0213 Fax: 02-641-1995

Follow us on:

facebook.png twitter.png