New Pool And Cafe In Mae Rim

seesip

A new salt water pool opened up in Palm Spa Village, with a club house and restaurant attached. The pool looks out to a big rice field. Restaurant has a small but tasty menu of Thai and western food, all locally sourced organic ingredients. They have a small vegetable garden on site so a lot of their greens and herbs come straight out of the ground. Definitely worth a visit if you're in the area or looking for a place for the kids. I've eaten there a few times, both Thai and western food and it's all good. No connection with the management, just a happy customer.

The pool/club/restaurant is inside the moo baan (Palm Spa Village) which is on the road between Mae Rim and Mae Sai/Mae Jo, on the North side of Green Valley. It just opened a few months ago.

The signage for the restaurant is in Thai, "maa-mawng-naa" is the name and it means "come-view-the-rice fields" ... small but tasty Thai & western menu and yes they have their own organic garden.

Daily pool fee is either 35 or 40 baht (I was told) for adults and I think it is less for children. Smallish but nice, clean pool, good facilities ...modern salt water system. Family friendly. My kids swim there.

I understand they are in the process of developing a web site.

-NG

The pool/club/restaurant is inside the moo baan (Palm Spa Village) which is on the road between Mae Rim and Mae Sai/Mae Jo, on the North side of Green Valley. It just opened a few months ago.

The signage for the restaurant is in Thai, "maa-mawng-naa" is the name and it means "come-view-the-rice fields" ... small but tasty Thai & western menu and yes they have their own organic garden.

Daily pool fee is either 35 or 40 baht (I was told) for adults and I think it is less for children. Smallish but nice, clean pool, good facilities ...modern salt water system. Family friendly. My kids swim there.

I understand they are in the process of developing a web site.

-NG

Hi, yes we are developing the website for Palm Spa Village. The restaurant is quite a treat, it has a lovely peaceful outlook over 30 Rai of rice fields. You will find the menu is a well presented fusion of Thai and Western dishes, served in nouveau cuisine style, but without the high price tag - enjoy!

Went there with Mrs Pikey for lunch today and it was a very pleasant experience. A nice airy open restaurant looking out to the rice fields and the hosts, Ray & Tiger (both Thai) were very welcoming without being OTT. Food was great - tasty, well presented and reasonably priced. The bill for 2 main courses including coffee but no alcohol was a very reasonable 350b. My only complaint would be that the portions were a little on the stingy side, particularly my mashed potato with bacon grinds.

Ray & Tiger said that they are concentrating on quality and don't want to get too busy to quickly as they feel that could suffer. I hope it goes well for them and me & the missus plan to revisit soon.

Cheers,

Pikey.