Cheddar Cheese, Smokey Bacon, Good Sausages

hansum

Ive found average to bad tasting Cheddar Cheese, smokey bacon, sausages in Pattaya/Jomtien.

But does anyone know where to find really good Cheddar Cheese, smokey bacon, sausages at reasonable price.

Edited by hansum

Yep, im buying some awesome Cheddar at the moment, Guy is setting up to retail it in the near future, its about 300b for a half kilo, its lush..... makes the best dam_n grilled cheese and tomato on toast ive had in a long while.... PM me for contact details.

As for snags and bacon, western wholesale is where i buy mine, the Cumberland sausages are awesome, bacon aint to bad either.

Edited by Spoonman

You can buy excellent extra strong Cheddar cheese in Friendship Supermarket, priced at 168 Baht.

As everyone knows on this forum, I have been seeking quality sausage for a long time in Pattaya.

The best I have found is also sold at Friendship Supermarket but it rarely shows up in the fridge.

I don't know whether someone is beating me to it by buying it early doors or if the supply is spasmodic.

You can buy excellent extra strong Cheddar cheese in Friendship Supermarket, priced at 168 Baht.

As everyone knows on this forum, I have been seeking quality sausage for a long time in Pattaya.

The best I have found is also sold at Friendship Supermarket but it rarely shows up in the fridge.

I don't know whether someone is beating me to it by buying it early doors or if the supply is spasmodic.

I followed the advice of someone on the this forum and visited Western Wholesale (Soi Chayapruk 2). Their sausage is really good (thin pork, thick pork, pork/beef, Cumberland)- and about half the price of Foodland or Friendship (99b)

I also bought black pudding @50b, meat pies @55b and bacon 0.5kilo @199b - all excellent.

They also sell crumpets @50b, which I grilled in the toaster and smothered with real butter and cream cheese - the best I have ever tasted.

I can't recommend this place highly enough. :)

Edited by chickenslegs

I followed the advice of someone on the this forum and visited Western Wholesale (Soi Chayapruk 2). Their sausage is really good (thin pork, thick pork, pork/beef, Cumberland)- and about half the price of Foodland or Friendship (99b)

I also bought black pudding @50b, meat pies @55b and bacon 0.5kilo @199b - all excellent.

They also sell crumpets @50b, which I grilled in the toaster and smothered with real butter and cream cheese - the best I have ever tasted.

I can't recommend this place highly enough. :)

I got a recommendation last week for pies, sausages etc, so I gave it a go and was pleasantly surprised both quality and price wise.

Here is the web site link. pie shop

Mods sorry if the link not allowed and I have no interest in this business, just trying to pass on info. By all accounts this guy is just starting out with the business.

Cheers, Rick

Yep, im buying some awesome Cheddar at the moment, Guy is setting up to retail it in the near future, its about 300b for a half kilo, its lush..... makes the best dam_n grilled cheese and tomato on toast ive had in a long while.... PM me for contact details.

As for snags and bacon, western wholesale is where i buy mine, the Cumberland sausages are awesome, bacon aint to bad either.

Where is Western Wholesale?

He said. Western Wholesale (Soi Chayapruk 2).

Cheers, Rick

I think France offers a much better variety than Wisconsin.....
BACK HOME :D

Yep - Wisconsin to be exact :)

No one beats Wisconsin for cheese. Lived there for 11 years & still miss the great variety.

How many French cheeses are on sale in Wisconsin?

And how many Wisconsin cheeses are on sale in France?

Have a good ole think about it.

:D

Map/pricelist can be found Here.

I can only respond to what was written

It was stated "No one beats Wisconsin for cheese."

I am sorry but I would choose France anyday, so I disagree with the statement, "No one beats Wisconsin for cheese."

I can think of quite a few other places as well, such as Holland….

How many French cheeses are on sale in Wisconsin?

And how many Wisconsin cheeses are on sale in France?

Have a good ole think about it.

:)

Suggest you read entire threads instead of selectively picking parts to support your point of view….to reiterate, I responded to "No one beats Wisconsin for cheese." From another poster , and not the OP.….nice try!

Re cheddar cheese, I am not sure whether Wisconsin is No 1 but re sausage there are quite a few contenders, incl Germany, England, and many others…..

The OP was asking about cheddar cheese and sausage - I think you'll find that Wisconsin beats France in these two departments. However, I agree that France has better cheese than America.

Makro has 5 Kilo blocks of white and orange cheddar @b350 per kilo, very good. Yes expensive by US standards but looking at the price of cheese anywhere in Thailand I think there must be a Thai cheese mafia controlling the import.

The OP was asking about cheddar cheese and sausage - I think you'll find that Wisconsin beats France in these two departments. However, I agree that France has better cheese than America.

Difficult to judge this one as I've never had the pleasure of visiting Wisconsin. But then it seems equally clear you have not been to Toulouse. :)

Difficult to judge this one as I've never had the pleasure of visiting Wisconsin. But then it seems equally clear you have not been to Toulouse. :)

Google search results

Toulouse sausage cheese: 36,800 hits

Wisconsin sausage cheese: 464,000 hits

Google search results

Toulouse sausage cheese: 36,800 hits

Wisconsin sausage cheese: 464,000 hits

Is this how you judge quality? Hits on google errr... Mind you at least now I know you have some decent sausages in Wisconsin. Thanks.

:D

Will probably get scolded for drifting but Wisconsin is in fact home to most cheeses in France . The only thing they can't touch is wine. Now Sonoma & Napa valley in California I think has better tasting wines.

Ive got some of this its the Mainland brand .. its ok and tastes fine with my toasted cheese sandwick maker but its a bit bitter on its own IMHO.

The best sausage sarny ive had is from the 18 coins of Soi Boukow certainly upto standard, i'll order some from this Western place thats been recommended and let you know.

Worst sausages are the British pork ones from the supermarket on the left handside as you head towards Jomtien ... avoid at all costs, i ate 1/4 and threw the pack away.