Election Unlikely This Year: PM Abhisit

webfact

I think there is no excuse to stall elections beyond November. Abhisit looking like a flip flopper now. This is a divisive move.

So all along Abhisit has no intention of holding election in Nov....he lied to the Thai people and to the world.....he is a LIAR... :)

Hmmm someone is a liar ....

Abhisit said that elections were contingent on the reds participation in the roadmap. They spat on the roadmap.

In no way does that show Abhisit's intent to do other than keep his word. They failed to participate and lost the opportunity. They burned buildings all around BKK and in several other provinces but you think that their behavior should be ignored?

They got what they asked for, New elections, --- what did they do? They stayed in BKK and kept threatening. The offer was taken off the table.

The government moves troops in to incircle them and what happens? Their violent thugs came out and attacked. Their leaders surrender and what do they do? Commit the arson they had been threatening since BEFORE they came to BKK.

Time to file the formal charges against the leaders that called for violence, arson, and armed insurrection. Time to formally charge the people that fought the security forces. Time to release the ones that got caught up in the sweeps but were not engaged in violence.

Actually, no. The 'Roadmap' was far more contingent than the Reds being involved in it. The Roadmap was vague enough to allow all sorts of excuses for the current regime to backtrack. But, hey, you're one of TV's most vociferous propaganda mongers, one of it's strongest exponents of 'the airport invasion never happened'.

I wish it was time to file the formal charges against the leaders who authorised the murder of protestors. I wish it was time to formally charge the people that ordered the army to murder and maim the people they are supposed to protect But feel free to carry on cheerleading this carnage.

edit:sp

So looking at your theory Siam Simon

I invite you to come stay with me in July

My house burn down and I need 2 months to rebuild

Because you can not now come, I must have lied when I invite you

Unforseen circumstances can not be taken into account with your theory

Yes

I must remember never to invite you to stay

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's time to get away from elections entirely until they install a tax based election system. The more taxes you pay, the more votes you get.

:D

LaoPo

Glad you liked that one, LP. Everyone else so serious so much...

Presumably this proposale might give us farangs the vote, as we all pay tax, every time we buy a Chang ? :)

<snip for brevity>

PAD said that 70% appointed by Bangkok smart. Balance 30% vote by all (not just buffalo pushing farmers).

See, not so bad after all. Sondhi/Chamlong for the next PM pair.

Do you have a source for these claims ? Not that the PAD, standing as the NPP seem likely to become a major force, after the next election. :D

On the thread-topic, it would have been good to see PM-Abhisit stick with the offer of an election before the end of 2010, made during the failed-attempts to negotiate with the Red-Shirt leaders. Perhaps he might yet renew the offer, if the PTP were to indicate any willingness to participate, in reforming the system ? But they seem more-interested in licking their wounds & proposing hopeless votes of no-confidence, rather than returning to proper politics, yet another missed-opportunity. :D

Edited by Ricardo

I wish it was time to file the formal charges against the leaders who authorised the murder of protestors. I wish it was time to formally charge the people that ordered the army to murder and maim the people they are supposed to protect But feel free to carry on cheerleading this carnage.

They have no reason to "protect" protesters who have been involved in a violent two month insurrection that is crippling the economy who have refused to leave.

Why do the words Simple Simon spring to mind? :)

Not surprised you cant have an election this year after having the streets seized by a violent mob who went on an orgy of intimidation, killing and burning and who were supported in all of this by the parliamentary opposition who didnt even call for calm let alone criticise.

It's time to get away from elections entirely until they install a tax based election system. The more taxes you pay, the more votes you get.

LaoPo

Glad you liked that one, LP. Everyone else so serious so much...

Presumably this proposale might give us farangs the vote, as we all pay tax, every time we buy a Chang ? :)

Sure, you can vote to your heart's content. Here are the internal revenue forms so that you can be "rewarded" with more voting power...

They have no reason to "protect" protesters who have been involved in a violent two month insurrection that is crippling the economy who have refused to leave.

Why do the words Simple Simon spring to mind? :)

The protesters were engaging in criminal activity. A number of them were attacking security forces. I think they can safely claim it was self defense. Any protesters who put their hands up and walked to the National stadium would have been safe. The number of people killed was incredibly low for the situation the security forces encountered. A number of those deaths were at the hands of the protesters. The security forces were supposed to protect the people not breaking the law, the criminal reds had two months to peacefully disperse, more than enough warning. A faster dispersal may have saved the lives of several police and civilians murdered by the reds. If the police had been ordered to murder people there should be hundreds of dead bodies, not several dozen.

:)

Where are you from North Korea. Troller

Nah, Austin. It makes perfect sense. Buying votes from the poor would become pointless since they would be worth much less. A factory owner would be worth maybe 100 votes according to his/her taxes paid (which ultimately is how much value you have to a society). The company officers would be worth say 5 votes each according to their taxes paid on their salary. Line workers would be worth maybe 1/4 of a vote each. Then everyone should be voting in their best interests as a democracy should be.

This vote buying is all well and good, but it's a tawdry affair, and besides the votes don' t stay bought. Year after year you have to come back and spend money to rebuy them. You're actually renting votes, not buying them!

I would like to suggest that you consider modernizing the whole process and making the investment in a consignment of the new electronic voting machines. They can be programmed before the election to give whatever result you desire, regardless of how the votes are actually cast. And you can even communicate with them over the internet to make last minute changes to the vote if required.

Quit wasting money on votes and invest in Thailand's future with an electronic voting system. Where does one begin to investigate such a purchase you may be wondering? Manufacturers make all sorts of claims. How can you know that you're getting what you want?

I believe the best guide is demonstrated quality and performance, and where are you going to get a better demonstration of that than with some of the electronic voting machine manufacturers here in the United States, who've succeeded in stealing hundreds of elections, including at least two national presidential contests, with their fine, battled-tested and proven technology?

There are some cheaper foreign versions available, but elections are a little like marriages. When done well they last for a few years, and somebody gets screwed. You certainly don't want to have to do this again any time soon, and you also want to make sure that the parties to the screwing are in the appropriate positions with respect to each other.

If you'd like further information you can start by contacting the fine folks who run the state of Florida. They've had plenty of experience in this field and can point you in the right direction.

And remember - take the guesswork out of the voting process so you can focus on more important things - like the victory party to be held afterwards!

This vote buying is all well and good, but it's a tawdry affair, and besides the votes don' t stay bought. Year after year you have to come back and spend money to rebuy them. You're actually renting votes, not buying them!

Wouldn't work (IMO) because you'd have to get too many people off their rears to actually go and pretend to push buttons/touchscreens. Under the current system, they simply come and collect your card and cash is paid on the spot. Someone else handles all the legwork for you. The system has evolved to this point to cater to the relatively low work ethic of the general population.

:)

Not sure any of you armchair dictators noticed it, but the Senate passed the National Telecommunications Bill yesterday. This is a piece of legislation that Thaksin sat on for HIS ENTIRE PM TENURE - and used it's absence (and the absence of the independent telecom commission - to cheat, steal, and weasel billions from state concessions into his own pocket.

Nice to see that the current Dem lead government is STILL LEGISLATING - and trying to move the country foward - in spite of the best efforts of the Reds, Thaksin and the Puea Thai Idiots.

Watch this space.

The next PM could very well be Dr. TUL.

(Mark won't survive his party being dissolved).

Hahahahahaha you have such a vivid imagination. The Dems won't be dissolved. It's only wishful thinking on the part of many Reds that it'll happen.

Watch this space.

Hahahahahaha you have such a vivid imagination. The Dems won't be dissolved. It's only wishful thinking on the part of many Reds that it'll happen.

Don't under estimate Dr Tul Sitthisomwong.

He is the next rentboy of Sondhi after Mark.

Mark's days is limited, now that PAD have decided.

Watch this space.

The PAD? Yeah we really do care about those extremists! They're only slightly better then the Red Shits. And you overestimate Sondhi's power.

Prime Minister Abhisit has done a good job so far and he has kept the coalition together. For him to come out of the May riots smelling like roses goes to show what a good politician this man is. Tul become the next Prime Minister? Hahahahahahaha ok whatever you say!

Watch this space.

The PAD? Yeah we really do care about those extremists! They're only slightly better then the Red Shits. And you overestimate Sondhi's power.

Prime Minister Abhisit has done a good job so far and he has kept the coalition together. For him to come out of the May riots smelling like roses goes to show what a good politician this man is. Tul become the next Prime Minister? Hahahahahahaha ok whatever you say!

Just watch this space.

Don't say I did not warn you before hand.

Buddha is the celestial power that drive Sondhi and PAD.

Not sure any of you armchair dictators noticed it, but the Senate passed the National Telecommunications Bill yesterday. This is a piece of legislation that Thaksin sat on for HIS ENTIRE PM TENURE - and used it's absence (and the absence of the independent telecom commission - to cheat, steal, and weasel billions from state concessions into his own pocket.

Nice to see that the current Dem lead government is STILL LEGISLATING - and trying to move the country foward - in spite of the best efforts of the Reds, Thaksin and the Puea Thai Idiots.

Considering all of Page 5 is crap, Ill bump my own post - which is not. :)

Considering all of Page 5 is crap, Ill bump my own post - which is not. :D

5555 - Reds got nothing to say? Pansies! :)