Khao Yai Accomodation

buadhai

I see this question has been asked twice in the last year with no responses either time....

We're planning a weekend trip to Khao Yai from our home in Korat. We just want to stay one night in a hotel or guest house not to far from the park itself. We're willing to spend up to 2000 baht a night or so.

Possibilities include the Palm Garden Lodge, Landmark, Greenery Resort and a few others.

Any recommendations or ideas?

Mike,

We stayed at a very nice resort just outside Khao Yai last year... about a 20-30 km drive if I remember correctly. It had individual bungalows spaced throughout a tropical garden theme... complete with a meandering stream full of fish, which we fed with bread from our balcony... lovely place. :D

Problem is... I can't remember the name of it. :o

If I can describe how to get to it maybe someone else might know the name... :D

As you head south from Nakhon Ratchasima on the highway to BKK and you come down through the Saraburi hills, on the left hand side on the side of a mountain is a large white Buddha. If you take that turnoff towards the Buddha, there is a road just before you get to the Buddha temple entrance on the left which leads to this little resort... a lovely place to stay.

I'll ask the other half tonight if she remembers the name and post it tomorrow.

It may be a bit too far away from Khao Yai National Park for your tastes, but keep it in mind anyway for even a stopover.

:D

We stayed at the Juldis Resort about 2kms outside the park. Nice bungalows which easily slept 4 were about 3,000 Baht a night. We stayed High season so I am sure they can be had cheaper. Also had rooms at under 2,000 Baht. The hotel has beautiful gardens, swimming pool, lovely views etc. etc. :o

To get there you take the 2nd Pak Chong exit on the BKK road. It is signed Pak Chong/Khao Yai. Then the hotel is about 5kms on the left. There are many hotels along this road.

I hope this helps. :D

Derek

Derek, thanks for the good words about Juldis. It looked nice to us as well. Current rate for an ordinary room is only 1500 on the R24 web site. (Thanx George....)

And, Jai Dee, if you can remember the name of that one, let us know. (Actually, sounds almost like Juldis as described by Derek....)

Derek, thanks for the good words about Juldis. It looked nice to us as well. Current rate for an ordinary room is only 1500 on the R24 web site. (Thanx George....)

And, Jai Dee, if you can remember the name of that one, let us know. (Actually, sounds almost like Juldis as described by Derek....)

You are welcome. :o

It iis not the same place Jai Dee mentioned.....I know where he means as we have visited the Buddha on a few ocassions.

By the by, I saw your photo in the How Old thread, love your garden! :D

Where are you based???

http://www.sakphuduen.com/

This is where I stayed many years ago when it was very new and it was quite good (looked better and newer than the Juldis to me) , except the breakfast wasn't so great. About 15 - 20 minutes drive to the gate of the national park (9km away). 10 minutes drive off the road that leads to the national park, a bit scary drive at night but the view is great.

Edited by Nordlys

http://www.sakphuduen.com/

This is where I stayed many years ago when it was very new and it was quite good (looked better and newer than the Juldis to me) , except the breakfast wasn't so great.   About 15 - 20 minutes drive to the gate of the national park (9km away).  10 minutes drive off the road that leads to the national park, a bit scary drive at night but the view is great.

It certainly looks beautiful, if you are looking for elegance rather than "rustic charm" :o

I wonder if it still looks that good.... :D

Edited by dereklev

[it certainly looks beautiful, if you are looking for elegance rather than "rustic charm" :o

I don't know what it is with those pictures but the place didn't look like that to me. I don't think it's unusual for Thai hotel/resorts to exhibit pictures of over-decorated, more-luxurious-than actual room photos. It was a nice highland resort, there wasn't anything about this place unmatching to its environment, as far as I could tell from my experience staying there 3 - 4 years ago.

[it certainly looks beautiful, if you are looking for elegance rather than "rustic charm" :D

I don't know what it is with those pictures but the place didn't look like that to me. I don't think it's unusual for Thai hotel/resorts to exhibit pictures of over-decorated, more-luxurious-than actual room photos. It was a nice highland resort, there wasn't anything about this place unmatching to its environment, as far as I could tell from my experience staying there 3 - 4 years ago.

My response was tongue in cheek....I actually thought it looked like that!! :D

I have known hotels to over-do the website and brochures to some degree....but if this was just a nice highland resort they have certainly gone to town on their website!!! :o

Mike,

There is a selection of bungalows available INSIDE the park which are rented out by National Parks

They tend to be family size but if you are a larger group they might interest you

PM me if you want piccies or I could post them here

Edited by Thetyim

• 2 years later...

Anybody know about the bungalows within the park ?

On my last trip around Los we stayed in several NP bungalows and they were all great, especially one on the Burmese border.

Just want to know if these Khao Yai ones are ok and ion nice locations within the park.

Anybody know about the bungalows within the park ?

On my last trip around Los we stayed in several NP bungalows and they were all great, especially one on the Burmese border.

Just want to know if these Khao Yai ones are ok and ion nice locations within the park.

The NP bungalows within Khao Yai are exceptional. A few months ago while driving back to our tent (at night) in one of the excellent camp sites there, I had to break hard as a Clouded Leopard dashed across the road in front of the car under full beam. This occured directly opposite a cluster of some of the more popular Park Bungalows..

Booking essential.

The only 'resort' i've ever stayed at was Khao Yai Garden Lodge, a few km's from the gate, which was good... camping there is better :o

GH, thanks for the info, just what I wanted to know. Do you by chance remember the cabins location...see map on this website and if these cabins were at altitude and had views etc.

Just trying to get a similar experience we had at several NP's last year, exceptional really.

As for camping, we may do that one night, but I guess this old bugger had enough of that as a youngster, but do want to do it with the kids in near future.

Thanks again.

Rono, do you have website ?

http://www.thaiforestbooking.com/np_home.asp?lg=2&npid=9