Tot Too Much Slow!

LgUsn

From yesterday evening I am experiencing very slow connection, downloads on overseas websites, especially USA and America based.

Is anyone experiencing the same problem?

Connection 4Mb, until yesterday everything was pretty ok.

I'm on the TOT 4MB TOT package here in Bangkok which gives me a real world/actual IP speed of 3.5Mb/s to Bangkok/Thailand servers when using speedtest programs, but the international/outside Thailand speed is usually around 0.90Mb/s, which is 25% of the in-Thailand web site speed. My guess is TOT shapes (i.e., limits) its international access speed...purely a money thing I expect. Regardless, the in-Thailand and international speeds have remained steady since the protest in Bangkok was ended and I never loss internet access during the protests (but internet speed did slow down sometimes). Today's access/speed is the same today as it has been for the last few days/week. Summary: Ops Normal.

Same on TRUE BKK (4Mbps). I get full speed in BKK and to Singaprore but to the rest of the world its only about 30-40% of what I usually get.

opalhort

I'm curious. Is that 30 to 40% to the rest of the world 30 to 40% of 4Mbps, or 30-40% of a lower/international speed of X-amount? Thanks.

Same on TRUE BKK (4Mbps). I get full speed in BKK and to Singaprore but to the rest of the world its only about 30-40% of what I usually get.

opalhort

I'm curious. Is that 30 to 40% to the rest of the world 30 to 40% of 4Mbps, or 30-40% of a lower/international speed of X-amount? Thanks.

To clarify:

My 4Mbps connection usually gives me 3.8-4.2 Mbps domestic and to Singapore. This remains the same today.

To the rest of the world I usually get 3.4-3.7 Mbps. Today I only get 1.2-1.6 Mbps.

This has happened before and will probably resolve itself over time.

Upload speeds appear not be affected. I get between 0.45 and 0.52 Mbps as usual.

opalhort