Sentence For Assault With A Weapon

daninthai

I'm wondering if anyone knows what the possible sentences are for someone convicted of assault.

My girlfriend (thai) got into a fight with a guy (farang) and picked up a knife. The result was that she stabbed the guy, though she claims it was accidental.

I've tried to find information online as to what might happen, but it's difficult to find. If anyone knows, it would be appreciated.

The dollar signs going to appear the moment people know there is a foreigner at the background, so my first advice is stay far away don't let the other party know that she has a foreign boyfriend.

Sentence:

Difficult to say as we dont have any details but let her deal with it herself and if necessary get a Thai lawyer involved.

I hate to say it mate, but wow, she sounds like a great prospect.

Accident or not, she picked up a knife...is this the sort of relationship you want to be in?

Stay tuned in the news clippings for Farang STabbed by Thai GF...

sorry pal.

Chok Dee...

I think its a bit of a <deleted> post. Lacks much detail. How would anyone really know. If it were self defence it would be one thing, if it were her weapon another. If she had picked it up in the heat of the moment another case still.

Also a new poster. And you dont really seem to be checking the replys. Will prob just log in later to see how many people you managed to have respond.

Well i guess i added to that :)

Sounds like a plot out of, or for the Thai soaps. Maybe TV has attracted a new type of member, wonder what the next scenario will be?

Well………………. There was this Englishman, Irishman, Thai bloke, a Honda click, two bar girls and a plate of fish head soup……………………………………………….Anyone want to finish the story?

Run far, and run fast.

Your girlfriend will know the system better than she has led you believe. If she calls for your help, then help. If she can manage by herself, let her do that. There isn't a person here with a better understanding of the situation that your girlfriend so I suggest you ask her, or her sister, her mamasan or her husband...unless that is who she stabbed. :)

I had a girl like that once, She use to through a fit of temper, twice I have taken a blade out of her hands, believe me they will use them, My ex girl use to use Yabb,Once I found out about the yabba it was good bye,

OP: a little more context is called for.

I'd say she should just disappear from where ever the scene of the crime was.

The guy she stabbed will have to pay the police, as farangs all must do, so they should be satisfied.

Edited by bendejo

I had a girl like that once, She use to through a fit of temper, twice I have taken a blade out of her hands, believe me they will use them, My ex girl use to use Yabb,Once I found out about the yabba it was good bye,

I dont remember her??

I dont remember her??

lol... good one :)

I'm wondering if anyone knows what the possible sentences are for someone convicted of assault.

My girlfriend (thai) got into a fight with a guy (farang) and picked up a knife. The result was that she stabbed the guy, though she claims it was accidental.

I've tried to find information online as to what might happen, but it's difficult to find. If anyone knows, it would be appreciated.

And just how does one pick up and use a knife by accident?

Get your wallet out pal :) and hide the cutlery, before she come out on bail.

Edited by khundon